Profile for V. Vyshemirsky > Reviews

Content by V. Vyshemirsky

V. Vyshemirsky (Glasgow, Scotland)

Sennheiser HD205 Closed Back Headphone
Sennheiser HD205 Closed Back Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good headphones, 12 April 2010
I bought these headphones about 4 months ago, and I am very happy with the quality. The sound is excellent, they are quite well isolated so they shield external noise and don't leak much of the sound either. I particularly like the very long cable; it is such a big and nice difference to whatever I had before.

They are, indeed, quite tight. It contributes to good sound isolation properties, but may be a little tiring if you wear them for more than an hour or so. Thus only four stars.

New Photo Series 2: Negative:: The Ansel Adams Photography Series 2
New Photo Series 2: Negative:: The Ansel Adams Photography Series 2
by Ansel Adams
Price: 14.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on the technical side of photography, 3 Mar 2009
This is an excellent book on the technical side of photography. This is probably the best introduction to the zone system I have ever seen. This book teaches a lot about previsualisation of photographs, appropriate metering and the zone system. Good introduction into developing film as well. Highly recommended.

Pantone Huey PRO
Pantone Huey PRO

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 12 Dec 2008
This review is from: Pantone Huey PRO (Electronics)
My first HueyPRO produced the usual magenta colour cast. 100 wasted. I contacted Pantone, and they have replaced the colorimeter with a new unit, which now gives me the blue cast. Don't bother with this product - it is utter rubbish.

Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 12.97

1.0 out of 5 stars This game will install a virus on your computer, 9 Sep 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spore (Mac/PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is such a shame that the publishers decided to include an awful DRM solution with this game. Essentially, when you install the game it will also install a little programme which runs in the superuser mode and does something unknown. Literally, it installs a virus. The most ridiculous part of it is that DRM does not stop piracy at all, the game has been cracked several days ago. Do not buy this game!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2009 11:13 AM GMT

Netgear WG111 Wireless 54Mbps USB 2.0 Adapter
Netgear WG111 Wireless 54Mbps USB 2.0 Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Drops connection all the time, 9 Mar 2007
I have just returned this adapter back. It was such a torture to use it. I was using it to create a home peer-to-peer network to access Internet from my laptop through my desktop PC. The connection was completely hopeless. Despite all my efforts it was dropping every 2-3 minutes, which is very annoying. I installed latest drivers, I placed the thingy in different locations - no improvement whatsoever. I just gave up and returned the adapter.

I bought the D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 PCI Adapter instead and it works perfectly well.

Avoid this USB adapter, it will make you unhappy.