Profile for Ms. N. Jones > Reviews

Content by Ms. N. Jones

Ms. N. Jones (Brighton, UK)

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate
Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate
by Jean-Pierre Wybauw

3.0 out of 5 stars Small enough of what?, 4 Aug 2013
Tiny little pocket book, not even the size of a paperback. *very* disappointed. If they'd told me it was that small I wouldn't have bothered.

Butterfly Matchless Table Top Wet Grinder 2.0 Ltr
Butterfly Matchless Table Top Wet Grinder 2.0 Ltr
Offered by Indiabazaar

5.0 out of 5 stars I use this for making chocolate!, 4 Aug 2013
I admit, it's not idea, the covered lid is a pain with condensation potential and it splashes like made with white chocolate, but it does the job well. Because I run it for hours at a time I've had to drill holes in the cover for airing the motor, and it's a bit noisier than my other grinder, but then again it's also £700 cheaper! I'm happy. :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2013 12:53 AM BST

Freedom from Bosses Forever
Freedom from Bosses Forever

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, funny and really useful!, 5 May 2013
If you only ever buy this book about starting your own business, you won't regret it. If you buy any others, then add this one to the list!

De'Longhi Prima Donna ESAM6600 Bean To Cup Coffee Machine
De'Longhi Prima Donna ESAM6600 Bean To Cup Coffee Machine

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd sleep with it if I could!, 6 Jan 2011
Ok, I've been using this machine for a bit over a week now - I should say I bought it on impulse, in Currys, when I saw it had come down from £1,200 to £499. I've wanted a bean to cup machine for forever and this was probably my only chance to get one. I'm used to the professional versions and the very expensive Franke domestic versions so I knew what I was in for when I purchased it, or I knew what I hoped I was in for! Being ex demo and display I had to search on line for the manual, which is easy enough, and I also found they'd left a part out of the box so I had to go back for that, but those are the breaks when you get over £700 off a machine!

I've managed to programme the milk, water and coffee settings very easily to what I want, and I'm loving the machine. Every morning I touch a couple of buttons and I get my perfect cup of breakfast coffee every single time - steaming hot, perfectly striaited latte. I'm using cups that are actually too tall for the machine, but it's no hassle to just heat the milk into one cup and then pour it into the glass, then do the same with the coffee. Even like this the volume in the milk means my latte is still perfect! I've found that you're often better off using the cappuccino setting for the milk because it makes it hotter and gives it more volume, so I just leave it on that one for hot chocolate, latte and everything else. It's programmed to produce a full mug of milk and froth, but it can be stopped earlier by just pressing the button again.

Cleaning it is so easy it's actually a pleasure. Tip out grounds container, rinse, dry, tip out tray, rinse, dry, replace both. Remove diffuser unit, brush top clear of coffee grounds if necessary, wipe and replace, close door. Polish chrome tray with a dry towel. Job done. After each cup of coffee or hot milk I just press the clean button and the milk tubing is all sterilised. When I switch it off it automatically rinses through the machine. When it needs emptying it tells me (although I do it every 3 days regardless).

Every so often it needs a decalcification which simply involves putting 100ml of water and a sachet of liquid decalc into the water tank, running it through, and then running a tank of water through the system to ensure there are no chemicals left - although they provide their own natural decalc liquid. Because mine had already been used in store as a demo model it needed this when it arrived, so it was one of the first things I did with it.

Although the milk jug and other bits can go through the dishwasher they really don't need it because there is hot steam going through the tubing every time you use it and again every time you press clean, sterilising all the milk tubing. All you need to do is wash out the jug every few days before you refill it with milk.

Although not plumbed in the water tank makes a good number of coffees and hot chocolates before it's empty, and refilling it is easy as pie, slide it out, fill it from the tap, slide it back in. Job done. Because the milk container lives in the fridge you get perfect froth every time - cold milk is essential to getting that right. It also means you don't have to worry about cleaning milk pipes in the machine itself as it doesn't go through the machine.

The head moves up and down, so if you have a tiny cup or a bigger mug you don't have to worry about splashing, and any milk froth that gets on the metal pipe on the milk container wipes right off as opposed to baking on like it does on other machines where you have to put a nozzle in a jug to get your froth. You also get your hot milk, then you get your coffee dripped through it, just like the professional machines, rather than the cup of coffee with froth spooned onto the top.

I would honestly say that if you have the money and you like your coffee you cannot afford NOT to buy one of these machines - be it the De'Longhi or another bean to cup system that you prefer. And if you find it at a reduced price, rip their arm out of the socket if you have to, but buy that machine! This model is still around, but it'll set you back about £800 online. If you want the real bargains you're going to have to go looking at your local De'Longhi distributor, or accept that you're going to have to pay £1,200+ for the new model.

Four Lions - Special Edition [DVD]
Four Lions - Special Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Riz Ahmed

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 Oct 2010
NOT a kids film, it gets a bit nasty in one bit, too much for under 12's I'd say, but WHAT A GREAT FILM! Chris Morris at his finest, making you laugh until your sides hurt, then slapping you in the face with a truth. Will probably always be one of my top 5 films of all time. The characters are beautifully drawn and acted, your sympathy is there from day 1 with all of them, because they're you and your mates, you know them already. The grief they get into you recognise because at some time in your life there's been the opportunity for you to do something equally daft, you've still got that night missing from your memory, you've still got the scars. This grief is on a whole new level, but they're still the stupid lads, still tackling it the same way you would have tackled that iffy weekend away with the lads that you all laugh about now. I'd reckomend the film to anyone, because everyone will enjoy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2011 1:08 PM BST