Profile for Mrs. C. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Smith

Mrs. C. Smith (Yorkshire, England)

Crocs Unisex Blitzen Polar Clog Black 10596-060-006 6 UK
Crocs Unisex Blitzen Polar Clog Black 10596-060-006 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars crocs for winter, 15 Nov. 2011
I wanted crocs for the winter which would keep me dry in wet grass so I don't get wet socks. The only ones available without holes all around the sole were these with integral socks.
Good features: dry socks at last;
Easy to slip on to go outside;
Warm and comfy;
I can garden in them;
I think the rubber is more dense than the ordinary crocs so may wear better. I have had a problem in the past with thorns coming up through the sole into my foot, but it has not happened with these.

Not so good: grit gets in and is hard to get out;
The sock comes out with the foot quite often and is forming a crease in the instep;
Can be hot and sweaty;
One of the buttons holding the sock in place has already come off.

I can see I am going to need new insocks and it is not clear how to get them, but I will think about that when the time comes.

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop
Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop
by Elizabeth Zimmermann

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful old classic, 26 Feb. 2010
Could not go on borrowing my friend's copy and had to buy my own. Have proudly written my name inside it. Now I will really learn how to knit.

Rough Guide To Gypsy Music
Rough Guide To Gypsy Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this, 24 Sept. 2009
I came across this CD while searching for music by the group Bratsch, which I had heard in some compilation programme on Radio 3. This is similar, vivid, brash, intensely alive, with an undercurrent of tragedy. It is a bit like Klezmer but with sharper edges. A great find.