Profile for Mosks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Wizard of Rainbows
The Wizard of Rainbows

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan. 2016
Best read in ages. This was a real work of art. Poetic and beautiful. I enjoyed every minute and I took my time reading it. This is not a book that you read in one sitting for that would be a waste it is a story woven around colours. A tapestry and work of art that you need to take time over to contemplate and not to rush!

Dawn of Wonder (The Wakening Book 1)
Dawn of Wonder (The Wakening Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 4 Jun. 2015
This is just a great read. The characters are vivid and the plot is good but what makes this a 5 star book is the story telling. It is simply a great novel that happens to be in or preferred genre. I think there was about 5 minutes total that I was not fully absorbed in this story. Having said this I am seriously worried about the length. Not because it felt long, it did not and I read it in a day and a bit but that the time to get number 2 out will take too long. Roll on book 2!!

Summoner: Book 1: The Novice
Summoner: Book 1: The Novice

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I have been missing, 1 Jun. 2015
This is exactly what I have been missing. Fantasy is a rather simple genre and I don't see the need to mess with it extensive. This is just a good old fashioned fantasy story. I think the magic system is inventive but what I ultimately crave in my fantasy is a good story believable characters and a rather simple good vs evil framework. I think the characters are well defined and the story flows very happy with this.

Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive Book Two
Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive Book Two

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant follow on! why did I have to wait so long???, 16 Mar. 2014
This was a great second installment in a story that surprisingly I have remembered. The original stuck with me over the long long long long time I have had to wait for Brandon to push out his other works following wheel of time. It was immense great character development great interweaving generally "awesome". Now my one complaint is I can see where the next book is going and I am worried. Please don't kill this series with a weak finale or with characters that already have all their powers developed. Also don't make we wait 3 years for the nxt book. This one though was worth the wait

The Wings of Dragons (The Dragoon Saga Book 1)
The Wings of Dragons (The Dragoon Saga Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars great story, 28 Nov. 2013
An immensely enjoyable read! Great plot characters and well written. I read it over to cover and it has been a long time since I could say this. I welcome any further novels written by this author and say well done for not pumping rubbish into the e-reader world.

The Wizard's Apprentice (The Apprentice Book 1)
The Wizard's Apprentice (The Apprentice Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars no meat, 25 Nov. 2013
I actually finished tis book which early on was not certain. There was no real meat to this story, the characters were slightly 2 dimensional with minimal evolution. I still don't understand why Brock was even needed in this story at all as it seems to me anyone could do. Having said that there were some scenes that were compelling but all in all I think the story or any future story needs a bit more thought.

A Cast of Stones (The Staff and the Sword Book #1)
A Cast of Stones (The Staff and the Sword Book #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpected enjoyment, 17 Oct. 2013
Having now become bored with the formulaic rather mundane poorly written works that the e-reader era has created this was a welcome distraction and addition to the genre. Characters hold realism plot flows nicely and the storyline does not have slow gaps where you skim. I read everypage and enjoyed this immensely. Am now looking at the time to see if I can start / finish the next book.

Well done!

Night Calls the Raven (The Master of the Tane Book 2)
Night Calls the Raven (The Master of the Tane Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars good follow on, 28 Sept. 2013
This is a very enjoyable series. Nice adaptation of standard fantasy pillars. The magic system is interesting and the character development strong. The plot is slightly predictable but nothing wrong with that if the story flows and the characters resonate. Generally very enjoyable read

Broken Mage (Reawakening Saga Book 3)
Broken Mage (Reawakening Saga Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Series gets better and better, 28 April 2013
This series seems to be coming into its own. The writing editing and story line seems to be moving well. I would like to have had about more of a conclusion at the end of this book but definately a fun read

Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow (A Raven's Shadow Novel)
Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow (A Raven's Shadow Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 April 2013
Best book I have read in a long time!
Great story great plot and great writing. Look forward to reading more.

Page: 1 | 2