Profile for emmakl > Reviews

How to Help Your Dyslexic and Dyspraxic Child
How to Help Your Dyslexic and Dyspraxic Child
by Sally McKeown

1.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one!, 16 Aug. 2013
I received this book today - and found it also contains, right in the middle, a copy of the Paleo / Caveman diet!!!!! rather inconvenient and makes it bulky, but I can't get hold of Amazon or the publisher, so wait to hear what they want to do about it!!

Be aware .. it may be better to get this from a book shop!

The Parent's Toolkit: Simple & Effective Ways to Help Your Child Be Their Best
The Parent's Toolkit: Simple & Effective Ways to Help Your Child Be Their Best
by Naomi Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I got this!, 24 April 2012
I bought this book to help with all three of our children, who are all very different! And toolkit it certainly is! A fantastic book to have by my side to refer to and read in quiet moments. It is so full of common sense, so many points that make me think 'Of Course!' but hadn't quite worked out myself! I LOVE it - and don't say that lightly! So much to read and take in but think children (and I!) are reaping benefits already.

I can't recommend this book highly enough! Written with humour, wonderful examples and a great deal of thought, this is one of the few parenting books that every parent should have .. A very happy family is now even happier. We are more balanced, relaxed and calmer about homework, siblings and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Pull the String
Pull the String
Offered by The Happy Puzzle Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Pull the String (Toy)
We bought this (2 sets!) on the advice of our son's Occupational Therapist. Our son is 6 and HAD difficulty following instructions and with his fine motor skills. He really loves playing with this, making up his own patterns, following our suggestions and copying designs from one board to the other ... and everything is slipping into place very quickly! Our younger two children are also having fun with it - the youngest is 20 months and can hold the 'pen' and has enough strength to push it in and pull it out, and our middle child is just 4 and loves copying the designs from the cards... A definite thumbs up from us!

Inflatable Mattress, Pump & Fitted Sheet for Koo-Di Travel Bassinette
Inflatable Mattress, Pump & Fitted Sheet for Koo-Di Travel Bassinette

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE, 2 July 2010
I bought this to go into the Samsonite Travel bassinette we had purchased separately ... the travel cot that this mattress is designed for. However the mattress is some 9cms shorter and 6cms narrower than the base of the travel cot - this is based on Samsonite's own measurements. The result was that our 12 week old son got stuck down the side between the mattress and the fabric wall of the cot. He was so firmly wedged in that I couldn't hear his cries and he had red pressure marks on his head and arms.

Please .. be very careful if you use this! I have been in touch with Samsonite and am awaiting their comments - when I have them I will update.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2011 10:35 PM BST