Profile for Denise.C > Reviews

Content by Denise.C

Denise.C

Tomy Starlight Dreamshow (Pink)
Tomy Starlight Dreamshow (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a 'dream'!, 9 Feb. 2013
This item was bought for my daughter as a gift when she was first born, I cannot comment on service, delivery etc, as i'm not sure where it was purchased. Even so, i thought that i would write a review on the product.
This starlight dreamshow is such a god send for when your little one is struggling to go off to sleep, it has approx 4/5 different lullabies..(i can't be certain as we've only listen to the one tune, for the past year..zzz! Haha), and you have the option of playing it for 5 or 10 minutes. It has a variety of cute pictures of garden insects, some asleep, some tucked up in 'flower' bed etc. And on the odd occasion when my little one has struggled to get to sleep when teething...i've found myself very nearly catching flies, at 3am!! Haha, yes it's very soothing!!. If i were to find fault with it, it would only be that it can get through batteries every 3 weeks or so, if it's used every evening...so i would advise any parent to stock up on the 'AA' batteries, as it can be rather 'juicy', but so worth it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my daughter, 29 Jan. 2013

Bob the Builder Jackhammer with Sound
Bob the Builder Jackhammer with Sound

5.0 out of 5 stars For my 'Bob the builder mad' nephew, 3 Dec. 2012
Ordered this item on 19th Sept, it was estimated that it would arrive to me by the 25th, i was alittle annoyed with myself for leaving too long before i ordered, as i needed it for my nephews birthday on 22nd Sept, however the item arrived on the day of his birthday as i was leaving the house..stroke of luck! It arrived well packed via Royal Mail, so there was minimal chance of it getting damaged in transit. This item has got to be one of the best toys i have come across for a little boy who is mad on Bob the builder, and as his dad is a builder..he felt very 'grown up' like daddy. It didn't come with batteries which i found disappointing, so if you do purchase this, be warned that you will need to buy the batteries separately. It sounds just like a jackhammer, and fortunately for my sister and brother in law...it isn't too noisy!! On the webpage it doesn't show you, but there is actually a sticker with 3x Bobs in a line, just under the handles, i would say that this has been money well spent as my little nephew hasn't put it down very much..3 months later!! Although he has improvise it's use by chasing us around the house with it!!! haha.

Cars breakfast set
Cars breakfast set

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my nephew., 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Cars breakfast set (Toy)
Item arrived day before the expected delivery day...which was brilliant. The item was well packed, so there was a minimal chance of any breakages.
My only gripe with this item is that the design differs to what you see on the web page...so be warned, as this is not actually stated on the item description. As the gift is for a 2 year old, i can't see him being very disappointed with the design, i suppose as long as it has Lightning Mcqueen on it, he's not going to be too fussed, my only concern is,it could disappoint the older child.
Overall though, it is good value for money, and as long as you have an open mind to the design, then i can't see there being any disappointed customers or children.
Can't wait to see my nephews face on his birthday, when he opens his "big" boys breakfast set.

Volkswagen tin. VW Camper Van Haynes Gift Tin
Volkswagen tin. VW Camper Van Haynes Gift Tin

4.0 out of 5 stars A gift for my camper van mad brother., 16 Nov. 2012
Ordered this item for my brother from my daughter, as a little something for Christmas. I placed the order on Tues 13th November, expected delivery day was Mon 19th November...I was very impressed with how quickly it was delivered as it arrived at my house 4 days before (Thurs 15th), It came well packed, so there was no chance of the item being damaged in transit.
The photo doesn't do the item much justice...when i opened the package, i was chuffed with how detailed the tin is, showing the inside of the camper van in places...set out just like the haynes manual, It's small enough to go in the pocket (if being used as a baccy tin), but also big enough to put trinkets in, as mentioned in the description..If you're buying this item for a huge camper van fan, then i don't think this will disappoint..i can't wait to see my brothers face when he opens this on Christmas day.

Turtlemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Turtlemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Turtlemeter, 2 May 2012
Product arrived 3 days before the expected delivery date, brilliant considering it came from the states!! the item was very well packed, so it arrived in very good condition. It works on Fahrenheit, but as it has colour code...it's not really a problem, i was always bit nervous about bathing my daughter, being a first time mum, but this has given me so much confidence. it includes batteries, so it could be used straight away..something that it a rare occurance these days!! it doubles as a toy, and my 4 month old daughter seems to like it, although i think she will appreciate it more as she gets older.
You defineatly get your money's worth out of it, so i would certainly recommend it. And as it is well made, there will be no need for me to buy another one, for if/when i have another child. I will be using this company again.