Profile for Clive Jones > Reviews

Content by Clive Jones

Clive Jones (Toulouse, France)

Page: 1 | 2
The Enemy of My Enemy (Brainrush 2)
The Enemy of My Enemy (Brainrush 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good follow up, 30 Mar 2014
If you enjoyed the first book then you will enjoy the second. A fast moving action pact story with all of Jake's friends..

Visual C# 2012 How to Program (How to Program (Deitel))
Visual C# 2012 How to Program (How to Program (Deitel))
by Paul Deitel

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 13 Jun 2013
This book is for the beginner and is a great introduction to programming in C#. You very quickly start writing and understanding code with self-help questions and a summary at the end of each chapter. There are also plenty of exercises.

This book is worth the money if you are seriously want to learn C#.

Golf GPS - GolfBuddy Voice
Golf GPS - GolfBuddy Voice
Offered by GFA World Golf for all UG (haftu & Co KG

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy to use, 30 April 2013
I think this is a very nice GPS indeed. I have found it to be quite accurate on the golf courses I have used it on. Why not 5 stars? A couple of reasons, firstly, changing between front, back and green centre could have been better and quicker and the buttons on the side a little difficult to find when you have the GolfBuddy on your cap. Also, be careful when looking for a golf ball and wandering onto an adjoining fairway. The GolfBuddy may detect the new hole (if you are close to the teeing area)and change the hole it relates to. You will end up having distances to the new hole and NOT the hole you are playing! Other than that, I think this was a good choice for me.

Oh yes, discovered an error on some hole numbers on my home course so reported it to GolfBuddy Europe but no response from them!

Fair Game (The 8th Spider Shepherd Thriller)
Fair Game (The 8th Spider Shepherd Thriller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 10 Feb 2013
I have read all the books in this series and I would say that this wasn't the best of them. A good read though and I will read the next one.

Boot for RJ45 Ethernet Network Cables BLACK - Pack of 100 Boots
Boot for RJ45 Ethernet Network Cables BLACK - Pack of 100 Boots
Offered by Rosenet Systems

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 10 Feb 2013
As mentioned already, they are not very stiff but they are cheap. I wouldn't buy these again though as the smell is awful, like newly laid tarmac. It was so bad I left them in a bowl of pine floor cleaner but that didn't help. I will buy better quality next time.

Below Zero (Joe Pickett 9)
Below Zero (Joe Pickett 9)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good continuation in the series, 15 Nov 2012
This is the 9th instalment in the life of ranger Joe Pickett and his family. I wouldn't say it was his best but I enjoyed the read.

Netgear GS116 16-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch
Netgear GS116 16-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 July 2011
I bought this switch to replace a 24 port 10/100 that started playing up. I have noticed a speed increase on the network as most of the NICs are 1000 so the improved performance is nice to have.

Good product, good price.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Lighted Leather Cover,, 21 May 2011
I had to change my original cover (that didn't include the light) as the Kindle kept freezing. Amazon refunded the money and so I bought the lighted leather cover. It is just as good as original. I think it is imperative to have a cover as it protects and makes the Kindle feel even more like a book. The light has proved very useful.

This cover is a little thicker and heavier but does the job well.

Microsoft® Visual C#® 2008 Step by Step (PRO- Step by Step Developer)
Microsoft® Visual C#® 2008 Step by Step (PRO- Step by Step Developer)
by John Sharp

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK book, 15 Sep 2010
There is no doubt that the book will get someone up and running with C# but I found that some of the explications and examples confusing.

If you are new to programming I do not think you will be up and running as quickly as you would like and I believe you will be looking for better explications else where.

Sams Teach Yourself ASP.NET 3.5 in 24 Hours: Complete Starter Kit (Sams Teach Yourself...in 24 Hours)
by Scott Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars A good starter book, 25 Mar 2009
I think this is an excellent book to get started with ASP.NET. It leads you through the basics at a gentle pace but allows you to start creating your own website quickly. The text is easy to read and follow with useful exercises and questions at the end of the chapter to see if you have understood.

Databases doesn't start until the end of the book and though a little basic it makes for a good foundation for further reading.

A book well written with the beginner in mind.

Page: 1 | 2