Profile for Ms. Yl Campbell > Reviews

Content by Ms. Yl Campbell

Ms. Yl Campbell "yvonatron" (London, UK)

Kodak Hero 3.1 All-In-One WiFi Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)
Kodak Hero 3.1 All-In-One WiFi Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed. Broken!, 29 Oct. 2015
Came broken. Printhead rattling around and black ink everywhere. I complained when I opened it albeit a month after I got it and they answered my email a month after that and said it was outside of the 30 days. It was not cheap and now and I have to replace the head at my own cost which is 20.00 minimum. Not impressed.

Shantaram
Shantaram
by Gregory David Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever read., 6 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Shantaram (Paperback)
Murder, lies, great friends, better enemies and constant suspense.

This true story about a man's life and experiences after a gutsy prison escape is rivoting!

His strength of will to survive is amazing (although I think he's right that his survival was often a product of his stubbornness ;).
The circle of dynamic friends he meets, and his love for people and the city of Bombay is enviable.

Gregory's story forces us to reflect on the fact that good people can do bad things and still be good, inspiring people. Bad people can do good, but often for the wrong reasons, and we all can do 'wrong' things for the right reasons.

I can't believe this man survived all that has happened to him. He is a person I would love to meet and know. His story will always be in my thoughts and I hope to remember to appreciate my freedom, try to do good things for others and have a heck of a lot of fun with people that I love.

Hoping all his friends that survived are happy, and realize they are better for knowing him.

Mazda Miata MX-5 Performance Projects (Motorbooks Workshop)
Mazda Miata MX-5 Performance Projects (Motorbooks Workshop)
by Keith Tanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Miata fans!, 16 Mar. 2004
This guy really knows how to push a miata to the limit. He gave up his programming job to work on Miatas fulltime - when you love cars that much and have a technical background, imagine what you can do with the combination? There is a Cool project for connecting your own computer to your engine systems for diagnostics and performance calibration. I don't quite understand it yet, but it is possible. ;)