Profile for Mr. A. Galsworthy > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Galsworthy

Mr. A. Galsworthy "phonics fan" (UK)

Americana
Americana
Offered by Dirty Deals UK
Price: 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to Americana..., 7 Aug 2006
This review is from: Americana (Audio CD)
One of my very first albums ever and what a way to start off my collection. Every track, upbeat and pacy hitting you with heavy bass and pacy riffs, some hard to keep up with. 'Staring at the Sun' is one of the catchiest songs ever primarily down to its brilliant staggered guitar riff. Superb interlude half way through 'Have You Ever' showing that the electirc guitar isn't the only instrument that can deliver porwerful precision with a quality bass solo. 'The Kids Aren't Alright' is one of my favourite songs of all time and through out you are fixated with brilliance. I thought the old boys had gone AWOL with 'Pay the Man'. Didn't give it the chance at first......I soon shut up!

Performance And Cocktails
Performance And Cocktails
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Took my phonics virginity., 7 Aug 2006
My first Stereophonics album when i was about 14. Because of this i will always owe alot to this record but it is hard to pick a favourite because of listening to them all so much. The first track, 'Roll up and Shine' Is made up of a great riff and a very drag style (even by Kelly's standards). What i love about this album is when i am listening to it i feel the guys have enjoyed recording it and every song manages to sound natural and footloose aswell as being worked upon and perfected. 'Just Looking' will live on as a classic and 'I Stopped to Fill My Car Up' is still one of the most interesting and uplifting songs i have ever heard. A crucial part of my stereophonics collection.

Get Ready
Get Ready
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Marks!, 6 Aug 2006
This review is from: Get Ready (Audio CD)
Although some believe 'Get Ready' does not reflect what New Order are about, or that it is inferior to their more classic material, i believe it provides listeners with a fresh and captivating sound, if a little too commercial. The opening track 'Crystal' is minutes of brilliance which sets the pace and sound for the whole album. '60 Miles an Hour' follows strongly with probably my favourtie ever guitar interlude. 'Vicious Streak' is one of my favourties. I have heard some refer to this song as weak but it's the chillout factor that makes this album so powerful and great. 'Someone Like You' incorporates many different New Order sounds from different albums and is up there with the best. How can i say it....Brilliant!