Profile for Ms. K. E. Butler > Reviews

Content by Ms. K. E. Butler

Ms. K. E. Butler "babsy_bubbles" (England!)

An Apple a Day: A Memoir of Love and Recovery from Anorexia
An Apple a Day: A Memoir of Love and Recovery from Anorexia
by Emma Woolf

5.0 out of 5 stars An Apple A Day like the fruit - honest, healthy and refreshing!, 19 May 2012
Interestingly within this book a Doctor tells Emma "It's time to give up anorexia Emma. It's time to grow up." This echoes the general consensus of what people think an eating disorder suffer is - immature and in the grip of a seemingly destructive lifestyle choice. However, Emma gives a voice to those intelligent, rational individuals who just happen to be caught in the grip of a wholly irrational illness. The road to recovery from such a dis-ease is long, frustrating and a times rather funny.

If you wish to read a unique, honest and probably the best account of an eating disorder and recovery look no further. In fact if you wish to read writing of excellence and eloquence look no further than Emma.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Count your blessings, 21 Nov 2008
I call this my 'count your blessings' bracelet as it always reminds me to count my blessings! I'm not a bracelet person normally as I don't like the feeling of my wrists enclosed, but this is lovely and light to wear and it doesn't get caught up or tangled in anything. The angels are what I'd call true different personalities as they all differ slightly and this bracelet has a real charm to it and isn't at all ostentatious, but rather clean and simple in design and it goes with everything - in all honesty I haven't taken it off! Jewellery Cave, it must be mentioned, is amazing for delivery - super fast and well packaged they are worth their weight in gold! So every time I see this bracelet I really do count my blessings!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars C'est tres cherubific!, 21 Nov 2008
This is such a beautiful locket - the engraving and coloured enamel really make it eye catching as - the engraving catches the light not shown on the photo and as does the engraved star in the pink heart - it's delicate and simple which leads it to be just beautiful without being over the top. I have had so many compliments since I have worn it. It makes me smile and is truly magical and a bargain too. I must add that the delivery from this firm is second to none so I highly recommend this lovely locket in addition to buying from the Jewellery Cave.

Heroes & Thieves
Heroes & Thieves

5.0 out of 5 stars Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!, 11 Feb 2008
This review is from: Heroes & Thieves (Audio CD)
Two words of sorts - woop! woop!

Harmonium was good the first three tracks on it were stand out, absolutely amazing and some of the other songs a bit different/difficult maudlin even, but this well, I'm chuffed to have bought it. The joyful percussion of Nolita Fairytale reflects the joy of the album - Harmonium was a bit too serious for it's own good, but here the songs are wise yet with a smile, a bit more joyful.

The girl's not done good - she's taken good and reformed it into amazing...an import but worth the price. Her playing is fabulous I lvoe this album.

Keep on showing us Vanessa!

X
X
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Well honestly..., 11 Feb 2008
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
Well honestly I don't normally review things but after some of these Kylie bashers especially the one about her cancer battle (shame on you)... I know it's not rocket science really is it? In actual fact good old camp disco pop is complex, but for some reason people put a lot on it - camp icons and their work. I own Goldfrapp and Madge's last disco(esque) albums and yes, you can say Kylie's done one a bit similiar.

HOWEVER it's taking it to a different level beat wise and a bit more experimental, not all synths 'n' keyboards with bearded types of chaps - Calvin Harris tried to grow a bit of stubble but that doesn't count. It's a great album superior to Body Language in my eyes, it's a shame the two weakest tracks were released as the singles...to be honest Nu-di-ty is a bit cheesey naff but it does outshine WOW. Just try listening to Like a Drug through to The One at least it's great fun.

I could only describe it as the album that Jean Michel Jarre would have created if he wore more glitter in collaboration with Debbie Harry in naughty mode for the film Logan's Run...Now can that be a bad thing? No!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2008 12:54 PM GMT

Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003)
Driving Test Success Hazard Perception (2003)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is excellent!, 8 July 2005
After failing my theory test the first time around only on the Hazard perception bit I saw the reviews and bought this-well it is the best investment that I ever made! I got 56 out of 75 on my hazard perception today!
As one reviewer pointed out the clip quality isn't that great but then again neither are the actual test clips! Also these clips seem slightly longer than the test ones, but that isn't a problem at all. The excellent feature is that once you have a go at a clip you can 'review' it and see the clip played out once again and it shows where the hazard begins and ends; it explains what the hazards are more clearly than the DSA's attempt at Hazard perception training material. Also there is a feature where you can take a hazard perception test which is just like the real thing.
I am eternally grateful to the makers of this DVD.
To anyone reading-good luck and don't panic!

An Angel Treasury: A Celestial Collection of Inspirations, Encounters and Heavenly Lore
by Jacky Newcomb

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 16 Jan 2005
So you spend your money on bills, shoes, cars, right? Well put aside a tenner or so and buy this book-everything you wanted to know about angels in a clearly written, unpretentious way. Jacki 'angle lady' Newcombe has put pen to paper, or pixle to screen (1) and written something that is a worthwhile read.
Put those shoes down and order this book!

Archangel Oracle Cards
Archangel Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best!, 16 Jan 2005
This review is from: Archangel Oracle Cards (Cards)
Well, I just gave five stars to the 'messages' cards but in truth I love these cards even more! However, I must stress that as with any angel cards only you can pick the right cards for, well, um you! And these are the best cards for me!
They are beautiful, smell great, feel great and are always spot on! And you should always surround yourself with things that bring love, joy and positive emanations and for me these cards resonate these three qualities with abundance!
As with all Doreen Virtue cards these can be used by anyone.
Five stars. Life changing. Life Loving. That is what these cards are to me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2012 1:56 AM GMT

Messages from Your Angels: Oracle Cards (Deck)
Messages from Your Angels: Oracle Cards (Deck)
by Doreen Virtue
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter set, 16 Jan 2005
When I first used this set I didn't think that I got clear messages as my friend who I did a reading for said they didn't relate to them. But they were telling fibss! Bkessings be as two days later she came and told me that the cards were relavent to her but she didn't want to say anything at the time!
So I recommend these beautiful cards for anyone, any age, any where! They are very positive and, I think, quite fabulouso!
So there's a five star rating!

The High Life [DVD] [1995]
The High Life [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Alan Cumming
Offered by alentertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great theme tune and Alan Cummings-dear god its perfection!, 23 May 2003
This review is from: The High Life [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
For years now I've looked back on my hallowed youth, picture the scene I was 13 and had a big fringe and the lightener of my life was a crew of inept, yes, fictional people. The years passed I grew older, looked like Harry Potter but my youth returned, albeit on a dvd ensemble as I had a 3 1/2 hour High Life-athon.
I love this I really do. The Comic Asides pilot shows how the series developed, The Pebble Mill interview with Ross King is good because a. (shallow reason first) how fit is Mr Cummings on there and, b. wow Ross King where did he go, he was great! oh, and c. Pebble Mill - quality!
As for the series I dont want to go on and on with the praise so I'll condense. There is brilliant caustic wit, campness, tightly constructed episodes, steve and sebastian rival the steptoes in relationship ambiguity, and secondary characters are just as good. Also the air scotia song in 'Birl' equals 'pif paf pof', the last episode is so well done and a gem-I can't say that I have a favourite because its hard to choose.
Lets just say you'll be quoting such things as 'eh!', 'goebbels in a gossard', 'who shat in her handbag', and the ubiqiutous 'oh dearie me!'
I hope I've helped persuade you, I needn't really though as this really was one series of the best comic production which is persuasion enough.