Profile for Rob H > Reviews

Knog Skink 4 Led Rear Light
Knog Skink 4 Led Rear Light
Price: 7.79 - 43.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bike lights I've ever used, 3 Dec 2013
This review is somewhat overdue given that I purchased this item over 3 years ago, however after seeing that it only has 3 stars I felt I should share my own experience with the light.

I purchased this and a KNOG Beetle Front LED light on 22nd August 2010 and have been using them on several bikes since. I cycle to work at least one day a week in all weather, and so far I have no had to replace the batteries in this unit (I left the front on whilst on holidays for 3 weeks which ran it down). Like other users I have cycled in the rain, both with guards and without, and have left my bike in the rain for an 8-hour workday with this light in place (though given how easy it is to remove and re-attactch there's no excuse for this). The light hasn't suffered any ill effects despite this though as nothing about it seems particularly waterproofed I suspect I might just have been lucky.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this product to any cyclist. My goal was to find a bright, unobtrusive light which didn't gobble batteries, and this has served that purpose without any issues for 39 months and counting.

Baoxin 1800mAh High Capacity Business Battery for HTC A9191 Desire HD G10 ACE HTC 7 Surround (T7878) HTC Inspire 4G Fits BD26100
Offered by BAO CORE
Price: 9.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of juice to last the day, 3 Dec 2013
I bought this to replace the woeful original battery in a second hand Desire HD. I wasn't expecting too much but this has blown most stock batteries I've used in any device out of the water. I've never once had to charge it during the day, despite often watching netflix on my commute or using the wifi tether. It doesn't get overly warm and I haven't had any issues at all thusfar, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Supre Tan Domination The Ultimate Black Bronzer Formula for Men 350ml
Supre Tan Domination The Ultimate Black Bronzer Formula for Men 350ml
Price: 15.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Very effective - Almost too much so, 19 Jun 2013
Being a pale white Irishman, I purchased this product in advance of heading off to sunny South Africa to set down a base and reduce the glare off my milky skin. Well, let me tell you, this product will work wonders for you. I applied it liberally and was quite pleased with my newly bronzed skin. The tan applied evenly without smearing, and my skin felt natural to the touch with no trace of stickiness or residue. I spent the first day of my holiday proudly parading around the camp, where many of my fellow travellers mistook me for a Brazilian football player!

However, be warned, this tan does gradually darken the longer it's on your skin. I found this out the hard way that evening when we went out for a bush walk. Initially, I thought my dark appearance was caused by the fading light, but I soon realised my mistake. It wasn't long before my group was frantically calling out my name in the darkness despite my being mere feet from them. My cries fell on deaf ears and they eventually left in the jeep to search for me. Now I was alone and next to invisible in the Savannah dusk, with not-so-distant howls indicating that predators were around. I ran for the trees just as a pack of wild dogs pounced from the brush, the thick scent of my man-tan in their nostrils. I managed to scale a nearby baobab and sat shivering amongst its branches as the hungry pack circled below, occasionally pausing to howl at their mates and take turns jumping at me snapping their powerful jaws.

Thankfully they left as the sun was rising, and before too long my group returned to try and locate what they presumed would be my remains. I was brought back to the camp and had the worst of the tan scrubbed off.

I had an amazing expreince on my trip, but I would hesitate before applying this tan again. If I were to attempt another tan, I think I would only apply one full bottle next time. I hope this review will help somebody make the correct purchasing choice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2013 4:18 PM BST

Canon PowerShot A3300 IS Digital Camera - Silver (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch TFT LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if these are faults or not, 15 Dec 2011
Bought this as an xmas present for my girlfriend, I took it out to charge the battery etc and I'm a little concerned the unit may be faulty. There is a very loud buzz from the motor as it focuses, and the flash appears to reliably underexpose the bottom right of all photos at the widest zoom setting (possibly as a result of flash placing with the lens extended). Can anyone tell me if their model has either of these issues? Either way I think I'll probably be returning this, as neither of these issues are desirable if not a fault.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2012 6:12 AM GMT

Kingston Media Reader - Card reader - 19 in 1 ( CF I, CF II, Memory Stick, MS PRO, MMC, SD, MS Duo, MS PRO Duo, miniSD, RS-MMC, MMCmobile, microSD, MMCmicro, SDHC, miniSDHC, MS Micro, microSDHC ) - Hi-Speed USB

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed, 5 Oct 2010
I've generally had good luck with kingston branded cards and readers in the past, but I'm not impressed with this one. When it worked it was fast, I liked the sliding design and the ability to add any length of USB cable desired.

However, the second time I used this reader, 2 pins in the CF slot bent. I'm a professional photographer, and my CF cards are worth 3 or 4 times what I paid for this reader; I'm VERY careful with my cards, especially when I'm loading up a client's pictures for the first time. I'm not sure if I had an already damaged unit, but as it was bought new and sealed I'm inclined to think that the CF slot is not properly sized if it allows a user to carefully insert a card along the provided rails and still damage the pins of the reader. I'm returning this product in the morning for a replacement, hopefully I'll have better luck with that.

Rated 2 stars because the reader is still usable for all my other cards (I love that it has a dedicated microSD slot) but as I use CF cards the most frequently, a dodgy CF slot is unacceptable to me.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2011 9:56 AM BST