Profile for RJDROBERTSON > Reviews

Content by RJDROBERTSON

RJDROBERTSON (glenrothes, fife United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Jamaica Selects Jump Blues Strictly For You
Jamaica Selects Jump Blues Strictly For You

5.0 out of 5 stars As hep as you get, 28 July 2013
Some crackers on this comp. Heard a lot of them at Rockin' dances in the '80s and didn't always manage to pick them up on vinyl but to this day they are , to me, still highly rated ! plus now I have them on cd, i can play them in the car or take them to friends as they don't always have record players... Excellant comp. Highly recomended.

Sakura Car Mats for Audi A3 Fits Models 2003 to 2007 - Black
Sakura Car Mats for Audi A3 Fits Models 2003 to 2007 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on, 28 July 2013
I have to admit I was hoping these were going to be ok but had doubts due to the price difference of proper Audi mats. I am more than pleased with these - they fit perfectly, seem hard wearing and well made. Bargain ! A quality bargain at that. Recomended.

12 Inch Vinyl Record Sleeves Clear (25)
12 Inch Vinyl Record Sleeves Clear (25)
Offered by PANGADGETS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars record covers, 23 Mar. 2013
I should have bought these things years ago, they were too expensive then and I still consider them to be so, however, they are worth the money. Tatty spines and wear and tear- no more.

Deep Roots Observer Style
Deep Roots Observer Style

2.0 out of 5 stars Nah, 5 Feb. 2013
Can't say I enjoyed this box set. The I Roy album is top notch but the whole as a box set just isn't up to any kind of must have criteria. the Dennis Brown album- I bought most of those tracks on cd from a local petrol station. Nuff said, sorry but I class this stuff as boring. I Roy aside.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2013 12:31 AM BST

The Dark Knight Rises [2012] [Region Free]
The Dark Knight Rises [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 5 Feb. 2013
I enjoyed this movie - but not much. Maybe I need to watch it again but i have little interest as it didn't make me say to anyone - hey ! you 've got to see it ! Another thing that bugged me was I had to keep turning the sound down... Some parts of the film were quiet and I struggled to balance hearing the script and being drowned out or deafened by sub bass and clamour.
This is the worst movie I have for this dilemma. Even Matrix, if it gets a LOUD episode of sound track you can pick up on the script and recover from the barrage of sound. This movie however has no middle ground and to be honest, despite how that works in a cinema... It doesn't work if you have nieghbours that you care about. Not only that but the inconvenience of balancing sound with exitement, it all seems to be out of balance... I am well used to turning volume down if I think it needs to be, i.e. tin tin , I had to turn down the volume when the sub bass kicked in but not immediately and not so often and for as long a period as this movie. Meh ! dissapointed.
Before AV enthusiasts take judgement - remember that I state this is the worst movie I have for this dilemma i.e. the only one that is consistently OTT with sound variation to the level of being unstable hence not adding to enjoying the movie.
I consider the sound to be a highlight of watching movies and this film is a shambles.
BTW does Tom Hardy sound like Winston Churchill to anyone ?

Xeryus Rouge 100 ml Eau de Toilette Spray for Men By Givenchy
Xeryus Rouge 100 ml Eau de Toilette Spray for Men By Givenchy
Offered by Perfume Shop LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 10 Oct. 2012
Got this after years of Ultraviolet and it's nice and subtle. It's not as powerful as ultraviolet, more pleasant in an understated way. It holds the fragrance and is still present after several hours but like I say - subtle.

Super Eight
Super Eight

5.0 out of 5 stars got the groove !, 6 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Super Eight (Audio CD)
This is top class and well worth taking the time to appreciate it as it should be done.
Very easy to listen to yet complex enough to keep you tuning in to the layers of depth and genius that is so simple that at first you don't realise how fully groovy it is.
Subtle, understated, hypnotic and glad to have it. Buy - don't ponder - got to be got - get it !

It s Saturday Night! Starday-Dixie Rockabilly 1955-1961
It s Saturday Night! Starday-Dixie Rockabilly 1955-1961
Offered by zoreno-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Rockin', 19 July 2012
I enjoyed this and despite some tracks that I skip this has to be an essential purchase for those hep katz and kittens. Some may say, not the same old... but when you haven't heard for years and get into this, it's surprising how many were popular and remain classics. It's worth 4 full solid stars.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars complete novice, 27 Jun. 2012
OK, some background - was into Rockabilly for about 13 whole years and switched to soul, jazz, blues n reggae etc, my main listening amongst other stuff including hawkwind...
Bought an electric bass and didn't like or get on with it, the sound, positioning etc and didn't get my money's worth but my pal pointed out that I really wanted to be standing, slapping and singing away cos that's how he saw me...I could not justify spending, to me, serious money on a rockabilly bass when I can't even play the thing but for decades have wanted to.
Spotted this at a bargain price which included hard case !
Had this for a few weeks now and Wow it is fun. Last night I was trying to play along to prince fatty, initially for one song and ended up more but twas good seeing as it's peeing wi' rain all the time here
I panicked at first, cause when I finally got through the packaging, I thought it had no bridge. then when I found the bridge within the case, I had to set it up... Now I wasn't too chuffed with that part cos I didn't know what I was doing... it became clear after a few hours that this was part of a labour of Love.
Love it I do. I'm still getting like a grey coating on my fingers from playing the strings but the srings don't cut you like on an electric and the tone is spot on. Really impressed.
One day and I know it will be not too long away, I will be more able and competent at actually playing this bass.
Meantime, if you can get this deal, it's a steal. Also consider a bass stand into your budget, I didn't but ...

Adaptor Clothing 60's Thick Crepe Sole Suede Playboy Chukka Boot Brown
Adaptor Clothing 60's Thick Crepe Sole Suede Playboy Chukka Boot Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars chukka boots worth waiting for, 27 Jun. 2012
Have to admit I spent months looking for a cheaper version but despite these being the most expensive foot wear I have ever purchased, I considered that I never bought a pair the first time around i.e. the early '80s and had wanted a pair that long... saved and got them.
These boots are Quality, even the laces - QUALITY. They are comfy, good fit and I'm pleased with them and the quick service from Adaptor Clothing. Worth every hard earned penny and almost too good to wear.
I consider that I've got exactly what I wanted with this purchase. I just wish I had bigger feet to show them off more, then again, it's cool to be subtle and in my opinion these boots are cool. Thank you Adaptor and Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3