Profile for mamma di giuseppe > Reviews

Content by mamma di giuseppe

mamma di giuseppe

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Premier Housewares Lattice Fruit Basket - 26 cm - Chrome
Premier Housewares Lattice Fruit Basket - 26 cm - Chrome
Offered by FINE STAR

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect litle thing, 10 Feb. 2013
this this is just awesome! bought it for only 4£ from amazon and expected almost nothing...but when it arrived, it really amazed me. It is so elegant, small yet can contains lots of fruits...It looks just great with my wooden furnitures.
Recommended

A Midsummer Nights Dream In Plain and Simple English
A Midsummer Nights Dream In Plain and Simple English
by William Shakespeare

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty book, but just gives me headache reading it, 6 Feb. 2013
Im not going to talk about the storyline, I havent finished reading it but I heard it's one of the best comedies.

Im going to talk about the publisher and how they stamp this book.
This is the 1st time I bought a book from this publisher and i am sooooo dissapointed.

I have to admit I cant enjoy Shakespeare works without translation so I always buy the "No Fear Shakespeare" edition, but when I found this book "William Shakespeare in plain and simple english" I thought this edition might be better than the "No Fear Shakespeare" but I was wrong.

In No Fear Shakespeare books, they put the classic english on the left page, and the modern one on the right page while this book put both languages in one page...they translate one line at a time, so it's like this:
But yet you draw not iron, for my heart (classic english)
One that must not attract iron because my heart (modern english, written in italic)
Is true as steel: leave you your power to draw,
Is pure, like steel. Stop pulling me to you

But they wrote it so poorly, that even the book is big and you can write a full sentence in one line, they chose not to finish the sentence in one line...so instead of writing:
I could wear a straw colored beard, or an orange-red one,
or a darker red beard, or one as yellow as the French coin called a crown.

They wrote it like this:
I could wear a straw colored
beard, or an orange-red one, or a darker red
beard, or one as yellow as the French coin called a crown.

and dont forget they mix it with the classic english... so it became:
I will discharge it in either your straw-colour
I could wear a straw colored
beard, your orange-tawny beard, your purple-in-grain
beard, or an orange-red one, or a darker red
beard, your French-crown-colour beard, your
beard, or one as yellow as the French coin called a crown.
perfect yellow.

Dear oh dear, it only gives me headache...that's why i havent (and probably will never) finish this book....
I think i will just give it to someone and buy myself the No Fear Shakespeare edition again.

A Thousand Country Roads
A Thousand Country Roads
by Robert James Waller

2.0 out of 5 stars a boring unnecessary sequel!, 5 Jan. 2013
Im a huuuuge fan of The Bridges of Madison County so i thought i should read this book too...
Well...big mistake!! I cried along the book since it's a sad unnecessary sequel!!
It's just repeating the some infos from The Bridges of MAdison County and it had some new stories which unrelated with Francesca and just practically dull...
This is just dissapointing!!

Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World
Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World
by Anabel Kindersley

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have book for every kid and adult, 16 Nov. 2012
i am a mother of a 2 y.o and we live in a small town in italy...where ppl are conservative. not only i am the only asian in town, but i'm also a non-believer...so i know how hard it is being so different in a place where everyone is exactly the same.

This beautiful book tells stories about children from all over the world; different skin color,
different race, different names, different religion, different lifestyle, different hobbies, but same smile.
a book that shows you that the world is full of different people with different languages but the diversity is what makes the world beautiful.

my 2y.o loves looking at the pics and listening to me reading the book. This book helps me to teach my kid that there's nothing wrong to be different...in fact, it is soooo normal! it's not sth we should be ashamed of...it's sth we should be proud of.

this book isnt the type of book that you read once and put it in the drawer and never touch it again...this book is the type of book that you read again, and again, and again...
I strongly recommend this book to every child and adult...

Fisher-Price Ducky Fun 3-in-1 Potty
Fisher-Price Ducky Fun 3-in-1 Potty

3.0 out of 5 stars the idea is brilliant, but the quality of the product is defected, 25 Oct. 2012
When the item arrived, I noticed it didnt work...i put on new alkaline batteries, turned it on and poured some water but nothing happened. So I contacted amazon to ask for a replacement but it was the last item so i wouldnt get a replacement but a refund. I was dissapointed as i already looked for this item in several stores but noone had it...
My husband tried to see what the problem was and put alumunium foil inside the potty and it worked! I mean, if the foil stays where it should be, the potty works, but if it falls down, then it doesnt work....so after cleaning the inside part of the potty, i have to put it back in really carefully in order to keep the foil stays where it should be.
I know my explanation is a bit confusing, but i dont know how to explain it better...

and about the product, my boy loves it. the size is perfect...many other potties are too small eventho my son is only 2 y.o. In 4-5 days he already mastered peeing in the potty. he hasnt learned to poo in it, and the minus is i think the hole is too small for him to do both at the same time.

So, i give this potty 3 stars...it would be 4 if it wasnt defected...and 5 if it wasnt defected and with larger hole.

B Meowsic Music Set
B Meowsic Music Set

4.0 out of 5 stars fun and lovely, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: B Meowsic Music Set (Toy)
Since this will be the 1st review, I'll try to write the best i can.

This piano toy is just great! It has 20 pre recorded melodies and 7 kitty songs. This kitty songs are familiar like 12 days of christmas or la cucaracha, but they changed the lyrics...in case you're not english speaker and cant understand what the kitty says, dont worry, you still can sing along with the kitty because all the lyrics are provided.

It has record and playback feature that can record the tune you play, up to 50 notes.

There are 5 styles of music: rock, blues, samba, techno, and disco. Plus 4 instrument sounds (piano, bells, banjo and organ). But these instruments sounds aren't so great...they're a bit irritating to my ear...

I like the fact that it has volume and tempo control! So you can slow the tempo down for smaller kids who are still learning to sing.

The mic is a great plus, though the cord is too short, but it's not an issue.

My Baby's Journal (Journal Gift Book)
My Baby's Journal (Journal Gift Book)
by Ryland Peters & Small
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars greatest journal, 29 May 2012
i bought this journal for a good friend of mine who is expecting. according to the ultrasound it was a boy but since he hasn't born yet, I chosed this neutral one instead of the blue one...who knows it will turn out a girl??

I really like it! it's so complete!! very easy to use and very sweet...it just reminds me how precious life is.

A cousin gave me a baby journal when i had a baby, but it was a 30-40 pages journal in boardbook, heavy and not very into details...it also contains baby 1st xmas and baptism for 4 pages with many big colorful pictures. We're not cristian so the journal seems to force us to be ones....
while this journal is just sweet...you can just cancel the word christmas with whatever religious/non religious celebration you have (put the sticker on the word christmas) or you can just simply torn the paper...it's easy. It also applied for other pages that dont suit you.

will sure to buy more for expecting mothers!

Elizabeth Arden Beauty Eau de Parfum - 100 ml
Elizabeth Arden Beauty Eau de Parfum - 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars sweet and loveable, 21 May 2012
Because of all the good reviews I read here, i bought this parfum as a gift for my mother last week and it arrived this morning. Very delicate and sweet...I really like it since I'm not into strong scent. It lasted 8 hourse on my wrist...so it's pretty satisfying! Great value for the price. Packaging is perfect (I bought it from Scent Warehouse since they charge the cheapest shipping cost for Italy).
I am so satisfied that I immediately ordered another one for my aunt birthday just now...(hope it'll arrive by this weekend) still from the Scent Warehouse. If you live outside England, their shipping price is the most convenient one.
Recomended!

Limit Silver Dial Brown Leather Strap Watch with Matching Pen & Silver Cuff Links 5286G

4.0 out of 5 stars seems too good to be true, 17 May 2012
i've never bought sekonda watch before. this one is my 1st. it's ridiculously cheap that i didnt expect anything. but it came in a lovely box and everything looks 5 times expensive!!
i hope it last ...i mean...considering the price im sure it wont last long. but it's a damn pretty watch for your father!!

Arabian Glow BRONZING PEARLS
Arabian Glow BRONZING PEARLS
Offered by Beauty 1st

1.0 out of 5 stars just like glitters, 17 April 2012
i bought this item after reading 2 previous reviews. Oh, i hate this thing! the pearls are small and so much different from the picture! i watched on youtube that Avon bronzing pearls has a small sponge inside, but the one i got has nothing in it but some tiny pearls in two colors. plus, it doesnt have any bronzing effect on my face...it only has glitter effect.
yesterday i found compact bronzing pearls from Kiko Milano and it is much better than this one, also i watched on youtube about oriflame bronzing pearls that seems better.
anyhow....i dont recommend this thing...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3