Profile for Lee Greenwood > Reviews

Content by Lee Greenwood

Lee Greenwood (Hampshire, UK)

Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success
Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's to "otherish" givers everywhere..., 12 April 2013
I found about this new and exciting book via Dan Pinks blog, and immediately felt compelled to buy it. I am incredibly glad that I did, as the discovery couldn't have come at a better time for me.

I've battled for years with being a "selfless" giver in the software development field, and often experienced credit being stolen, burnout at numerous times, and a feeling of being taken advantage of. I've tried assertiveness and confidence tactics, but they just aren't the real me. I'd reached the point of being resigned to never giving my very best and holding back, for fear that others would take credit for my effort and ideas.

Then I read this book.

As I devoured each chapter, I felt I gained new insights into many areas of life - How I can give more at work without getting walked all over; how I can be a better husband and father; how I can use my knowledge to help others in a way that meets both our needs.

Through the fantastic prose and engaging stories I've come to understand that I can be a true giver in every dimension of life, and not suffer the same fate I have previously. I've gained a new sense of optimism about who I am, and what I can accomplish in life - I finally feel ready to share what I consider my life's work.

I hesitate to use the phrase "this book changed my life" as it is evangelistic and slightly over-used. However this is one of less than a dozen books that I confidently and happily say really has changed my life.

Thanks Adam.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (PC CD)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (PC CD)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, realistic and thoroughly enjoyable RTS!, 17 Sep 2004
As one of the lucky few to have been able to play this in Beta, I have been exposed to the game for several weeks, and have really been able to gain a feel of what this game is about.
This game is not about resource-gathering or tech trees, or about simply collecting enough "shooty units" to get the job done. It is about pure, undiluted combat strategy.
Each map centers around controlling Strategic Points, when captured give you requisition resource to reflect your progress in the game. From here you can advance and build ever better units. No longer is your progress determined by how much stuff you can gather safely back at the base, its about front-line combat and battling against your foes to retain strategic and militaristic superiority. This makes for a surprisingly rewarding, and involving process.
The units themselves are fantastic, drawing upon with breadth and depth of the formidably huge Warhammer 40K universe. The tabletop games detail and flexibility is pulled trough expertly in the PC gaming universe, through customisable squads, extra characters and upgrades. Imagine starting with a single squad of marines, adding a Sergeant, recruting extra marines, and selecting for them a brace of missile launchers - all whilst en route to the front-line and without ever going near a base. The end result is a fluid, dynamic, engaging experience.
This is a truly outstanding game, worthy of purchase, and I haven't even touched on the camera controls. Set-up your squad, attach your Force Commander and send them into battle... then zoom right into the units to see the realistically hack and slash each-other to bits. It has to be seen to be believed.
This is the Warhammer 40K game all of the fans have been waiting for, and for those who aren't fans - get it anyway as the pinnacle of RTS gaming on the PC.

Sony MDR-G52LP Street Style Headphones
Sony MDR-G52LP Street Style Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, looks and performance!, 22 Oct 2003
I have had a pair of thee for over a year now, and despite constnt dialy use, they are still 100% intact, maintaining the strength and resilience they had the day I bought them.
They are comfortable, good-looking and don't mess up your hair (a plus, I feel). I have tested them with music, DVDs and Games across a number of machines and they have always given excellent performance, with crisp clear sound, accentuated with subtle, palpable bass levels.
All in all, an excellent pair of 'Phones!

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC)
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever Star Wars game..., 1 Sep 2003
I was lucky enough to play a Beta copy of this game, and thoroughly enjoyed it (however I quit after the first ten levels so as not to spoil the final version).
Saber-combat is the focus of this game and the bewildering array of moves is both broad enough for the L33T Jedis out there, but easy enough to pick up for the newbies. Most of them only appear after a little more play, giving you time to expand your repertoire and skills as the levels get harder.
The locations are stunning and the plot of the story allows for a huge range of areas. The thing I liked most was the variety of levels, and the tasks involved. I played one level where there are no other characters, no need for weapons - just a lot of speed. You DON'T wanna be caught standing around here!
Another challenge is mastery of the vehicles... I've played Taun-tauns and Speeder Bikes, and I think the final version will have many more!
This is a game for any Star Wars fan, trust me. It is both appealing to get into at a very user-friendly newbie level, but for the die-hards out there, the experience is just as rewarding... theres nothing quite like the thrill of taking on a cluster of enemies armed with a saber, some dark-side powers and a bad attitude!
I cannot recommend this game enough...