Profile for Shaun Dimery > Reviews

Content by Shaun Dimery

Shaun Dimery "Shawn Dimery" (Leeds)

Selected Ambient Works Volume II
Selected Ambient Works Volume II

5.0 out of 5 stars Viciously scary soundscapes, 27 Feb 2009
This album has to be heard to belive, such a amazing piece of work, something about this albums really scares me, i dont think i can listen at this at night without the lights on, a truly amazing album.

Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus
Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus
Offered by Music-Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Cave dining with them cannibals?, 7 Nov 2008
Well what an impressive piece of work Nick Cave has managed yet again. This is without a doubt Nick Caves masterpiece.
I had my doubts that he could never top the immense, heartbreaking No More Shall We Part. But belive me... he has.
I was slightly worried when reading this was going to be a double album, i think maybe we all did. Maybe one or two brilliant tracks and a load of fillers, ecspecially after Nick Caves last album, the slightly dissapointing Nocturama. But Abatoir Blues/Lyre Of Orpheus is absolutly amazing. Tracks like There She Goes My Beautiful World, O'Children, Spell or my personal favourite Easy Money really show Nick Caves amazing talent. After making albums for twenty years, artists tend to slip. Nick Cave and the amazing Bad Seeds only get better. Just listen to the recent Dig!!! Lazarus, Dig!!! Next to Bob Dylan, Nick Cave is possibly one of the greatest songwriters of our generation.
Do not miss this album.

Raging Bull (Wide Screen) [DVD] [1981]
Raging Bull (Wide Screen) [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ Robert De Niro
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest film ever, 27 Feb 2008
I believe its impossible to write a review for this film,it is quite simply the darkest, saddest and most beautiful film ever made. De niros performance is the greatset ever in the history of cinema, This film is only critisied by "normal" people, But i sympathise with La Motta all the way through. The infamous scene in the jail cell screaming "WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? they called me an animal, im not animal, in not that bad, im not that bad" Has me on the brink of tears with every viewing.
Sometimes its good to wallow in depression, and this film takes you to places you dont wanna go. If your shallow and enjoy rubbish teen comedys and cliched movies with everything there soley to entertain, Then dont step into La Mottas, scorcesses and De niro dark world of Raging Bull...

The Apostle [DVD] [1997]
The Apostle [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Robert Duvall
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars one the most amazing performances ever, 27 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Apostle [DVD] [1997] (DVD)
This film quite simple took my breath away, Robert Duvall proves yet again why he is one of the greatest actors of any generation.
Duvall's performance quite simply brought a tear to my eye, i make a point of collecting films that have any best actor or supporting actor oscar nomination or winner, So i have quite a impressive catalogue of performances to compare and this is without a doubt in my top 5 along with Robert De niro for Raging Bull, Anthony Hopkins for Remains of the Day, Al Pacino for Scent of a Woman,and Nick Nolte for Life lessons.
If your an acting buff like me, buy this movie!
Shawn Dimery