Profile for I. L. Ampleford > Reviews

Content by I. L. Ampleford

I. L. Ampleford "authorman92" (UK)

Carter Reed (Carter Reed Series Book 1)
Carter Reed (Carter Reed Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, just terrible, 1 Nov. 2013
I can't believe that I stumped up more than £0.01 for this trash. I've gritted my teeth up to 10% of the book on my Kindle in the hope that it would improve. I'm sad to say that the plot, characterization, and prose became more unbearable until I had to stop reading.

Up until now, I honestly can't recall any book I've read that had no redeeming features. I'm sorry to say that this book qualifies.

I'm mystified as to why it has so such a high star rating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2013 1:24 PM GMT

BMW Mini Countryman (2010 on Models) Car Mats in Black Unique Decorative Binding In Various Colour Choices/550gm Deep Twist Pile comes With 12 Months Warranty And A Guarantee That We Won't Be Beaten On Price For Quality (2-VEL)
Offered by Carmats.Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product delivered quickly, 31 Aug. 2013
The product is of better quality than I've seen in car spares shops. The carpet is thick and feels as if it will stand up to a good deal of wear and tear.

One small observation, not a criticism, is that the fixing holes in the mat do not line up with those in the car. I feel that this is likely attributable to changes introduced by the car manufacturer rather that the mats. Anyway, it's easily resolved by adding a couple of holes to the mats.

J Roddy Walston & The Business
J Roddy Walston & The Business

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old US rock'n'roll, 8 May 2013
I first heard don't break the needle as a soundtrack on the film Contraband. I checked out the album and it contained more of the same. I bought the album.

Don't expect anything original, it's great rock played with enthusiasm and drive.

Parallels Desktop 8.0 for Mac
Parallels Desktop 8.0 for Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 3 May 2013
I've used other virtual machine software and they were not pleasant experiences. Running an alien OS on a native one can be slow and buggy. I've not experienced any of that with Parallels. It's responsive and stable.

I had one problem at installation that was resolved within 24 hours through one e-mail.

CaseCrown Bold Standby Case (Blue) for Google Nexus 7 (Built-in magnet for sleep / wake feature)

5.0 out of 5 stars No surprises..., 19 Jan. 2013
works well and a smart cover for my Nexus. I like the fact that a cow didn't have to die because I wanted to protect my Nexus.

My Alarm Clock - Wake up to the digital alarm clock app with sleep timer and current weather conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple interface, easy to use, 27 Dec. 2012
This is an impressive little app. Easy to program and set up. The clock display is easy to read and the weather indicator is very useful.