Profile for Ben > Reviews

Ben

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
OCAJP Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 Programmer Practice Exams
OCAJP Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 Programmer Practice Exams

5.0 out of 5 stars I whole heartedly recommend this book to anyone revising for their Oracle Certified ..., 28 July 2015
Bought this book for (you guessed) practicing for my Java SE7 certification. Most of the questions are in the exact same format you will find in the real exam, there are one or two that depart from the traditional multiple choice format, but they are not out of place. There is (from memory) 7 practice exams in this book, which is more than enough to get you passed!

I took the first test and got around 40%, after reviewing what I had got wrong I took the remaining tests in the week up to my exam (1 exam per day, reviewing what I got wrong in between each). One thing I will say about this book (and this is purely a personal statement) is that the practice exams in here are MUCH more difficult than the real exam. In all 7 I struggled to get a passing mark (which did wonders for my confidence going into the real exam!). However when the big day came around, I walked out with 88% (and am now a Cerified Java Associate).

I used this book as my sole training for the exam and it did exactly what I bought it for. I whole heartedly recommend this book to anyone revising for their Oracle Certified Java Programmer Certification.

Kanthal A1 Type Resistance Wire - 0.42mm (26AWG) - 25 Metre Spool - 9.67 ohms/m
Kanthal A1 Type Resistance Wire - 0.42mm (26AWG) - 25 Metre Spool - 9.67 ohms/m
Offered by The Mesh Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Great vaping wire., 28 July 2015
This is my personal favorite gauge. I bought a 25m spool of 24g 26g, and 28g all for use in my RDA. This has the flavour of the 24g but with the speed of heat generation from 28g. It's easy to work (28g like to "spring" back when wrapping coils) and makes a great vape!

Kanthal A1 Type Resistance Wire - 0.5mm (24AWG) - 25 Metre Spool - 7.23 ohms/m
Kanthal A1 Type Resistance Wire - 0.5mm (24AWG) - 25 Metre Spool - 7.23 ohms/m
Offered by The Mesh Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kanthal for vaping!, 28 July 2015
Good kanthal, does what it says on the tin. Only used ~1m so far but it certainly seems high quality and the diameter is nice and uniform.

VicTsing 1800lm Lumen CREE XML T6 LED Submarine Light Waterproof Underwater Diving High light Lamp 18650 Flashlight Torch
Offered by VICTECH

4.0 out of 5 stars HID brightness for a tenner!, 28 July 2015
Took a while to arrive but when it did I must say I was impressed! This takes a big 18650 battery (I believe they are the same cells found in laptop batteries) which isn't supplied with this item (they are £6 alone!) so you will have to buy one and a charger for it separately.

However, this thing is like daylight underwater, the club seemed a bit envious that I had a torch that was 2-3 times brighter than something that costs 10x the price! It's also super compact and can fit into any BC/Suit pocket you wish. (I just keep it on my wrist on the lanyard). I did buy this initially as a backup to my main torch, but it has since become my main torch with my much larger and bulky "diving" torch becoming the backup!

Two small minor points, the silver lamp casing came off mine (It's glued on) after about 2 times inserting/removing the battery, although this makes no functional diffrence to the torch. Also, the lanyard could be a little more secure (I have since replaced it with a tougher diving computer lanyard).

Definately will be buying another at this price!

Mora 164 Crook knife
Mora 164 Crook knife
Offered by EarthFair-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant crook knife, 10 May 2015
This review is from: Mora 164 Crook knife (Sports)
Need to carve depressions in wood? look no further!

Pros:
This product has a nice big handle that allows complete control of the blade on your workpiece.
The blade is razor sharp.
Can also be used for taking the bark off sticks/ smoothing dowel with ease.

Cons:
Sharpening is a knightmare, but this is true of all crook knives.

Sony Xperia E3 4G UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia E3 4G UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Prepaymania

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, but small internal memory can hamper some people, 10 May 2015
Bought this as I lost my HTC at a concert, it is now my daily use mobile.

Pros:
Android kit-kat OS, simple to use (although my last phone was andriod as well, so probably slight bias here).
Looks good
SIM unlocked, ready for any network.

Cons:
1GB of internal memory, this means apps that are typically quite large (facebook, whatsapp) kill the internal memory (you cannot transfer them to SD card as the apps do not support running from SD).
Front facing camera is a bit poor.

For 80 quid, it's a great 4G capable phone, but the small internal memory lets it down.

Beaver 232 Bar DIN to A-clamp Adaptor
Beaver 232 Bar DIN to A-clamp Adaptor
Offered by 4th Element Diving Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid bit of kit, 10 May 2015
Bought this as I have gone DIN fitting on my regs but still have a A-Clamp only pillar on one of my cylinders.

Used it multiple times now, feels very strong (it weighs more than it looks) and the knob is big so easy to undo when your hands are numb after a british winter dive!

I doubt i'll ever need another one!

PG VG & Nic, OH MY!: DIY E-liquid Beginners Guide for Electronic Cigarettes (Easy Vaping Guides Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good information for the beginner DIY mixer., 10 May 2015
Seems to be a very good introduction to DIY mixing. I have vaped on and off for about a year now and only recently completely stopped smoking cigarettes. However, shop bought liquids are very expensive (USA made) and have almost started to cost me the same as smoking!!!

This book (on Kindle) is very cheap for the content it contains and has given me a good foundation to build on making my own mixes.

I look forward to putting what I learnt with this product into practice.

It covers all the basic information you need, PG/VG bases, nicotine, juice storage, flavours, additives and even few recipies to get you started!

One con to the book, it is quite breif (although I assume the author didn't want to confuse/overload beginners) so if you are after something more "war and peace of DIY vaping" I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

R&G RACING CLASSIC CRASH PROTECTORS YAMAHA YZF 600 THUNDERCAT 1996-2003 - CP0040BL
Offered by MTW DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them before you cry when you drop your new bike!, 6 Jan. 2015
Saved my fairing!

Can't recommend highly enough.

Storm Mini Tank with Pick and O-Rings - Blue for Scuba Tanks
Storm Mini Tank with Pick and O-Rings - Blue for Scuba Tanks
Offered by Dolphin Scuba Center

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your O-rings handy!, 6 Jan. 2015
Comes with 2 sizes of O-rings one for A-Clamp and another I havent worked out yet (smaller and thinner).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4