Profile for Ben > Reviews

Content by Ben

Ben

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
R&G RACING CLASSIC CRASH PROTECTORS YAMAHA YZF 600 THUNDERCAT 1996-2003 - CP0040BL
Offered by MTW DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them before you cry when you drop your new bike!, 6 Jan. 2015
Saved my fairing!

Can't recommend highly enough.

Storm Mini Tank with Pick and O-Rings - Blue for Scuba Tanks
Storm Mini Tank with Pick and O-Rings - Blue for Scuba Tanks
Offered by Dolphin Scuba Center

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your O-rings handy!, 6 Jan. 2015
Comes with 2 sizes of O-rings one for A-Clamp and another I havent worked out yet (smaller and thinner).

Gul Radiation Undersuit - JL
Gul Radiation Undersuit - JL
Offered by CoastWaterSports

4.0 out of 5 stars Very warm undersuit., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gul Radiation Undersuit (Misc.)
Used it last Sunday on Anglesey under another (Thick) undersuit. Very comfy and will definately be using it as my only undersuit in the spring.

Wicked the moisture away and good on the surface as well.

The "pee zip" was also handy!

Compass and Navigation Slate with Retractor
Compass and Navigation Slate with Retractor
Offered by 4th Element Diving Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Compass and slate in one, what else do you need!, 6 Jan. 2015
Compass is ok and as true as all my others (Silva orienteering compass, integrated contents compass).

The bevel is positive in it's movement and the needle itself is also clear and easy to read your bearings off.

Only thing is the clips on the underside of the slate which hold the pencil are too small for it and I snapped one when I put the pencil back in first time!

The retractor on it is a standard Beaver one so very good!

The slate is easy to wipe with a bit of water and a rag, they suggest buying proprietary "slate cleaner" for it in the instructions.... At £4 a bottle, a con in my opinion!

Retractor Lanyard
Retractor Lanyard
Offered by 4th Element Diving Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent bit of kit, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Retractor Lanyard (Misc.)
Haven't been diving with it yet, but seems like a very sturdy retractor. The steel cable is thicker than others I have seen and looks like it will stand up to the punishment I'll give it!

The spring recoil is very strong and could probably pull a small underwater mountain!

Nite Ize SlideLock Carabiner #4
Nite Ize SlideLock Carabiner #4
Offered by Tamarack

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent karabiner, nuff said, 6 Jan. 2015
These are good karabiners, I'm using them for attaching stuff to my BCD when diving. Max load is 75Lbs, which considering I'm not clipping stage cylinders on with them makes them great for other things like reels, goodie bags etc.

The slide lock can be fiddly with thick gloves on, but you get used to it after opening them a few times. Either that or leave the slide open!

Good on price as they are cheaper than proper rock climbing biners and I don't need the ultra high load rating that rock biners have.

Mares Pure Vision Mask
Mares Pure Vision Mask
Offered by Kent Diving

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mask for the price., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Mares Pure Vision Mask (Misc.)
Really nice mask, field of view is excellent and the clear plastic frame lets loads of light in.
Fits to my face pretty nicely too, considering my face is quite thin.
Only drawback is the strap is not as substantial as other masks I have had (Cressi). Time will tell on this point though.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, functional device, 2 July 2013
Does exactly what it says on the tin, a simple 12v car charger to USB adapter.

I used this to charge my HTC One X during a festival. Worked fine and stood up to the moisture!

Skandika Self Inflating Ground Pad, 8cm
Skandika Self Inflating Ground Pad, 8cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Vary nice camping mat, but heavy., 2 July 2013
This camping mat is seriously thick. When I bought it the little info sheet attached to it when it came actually said it was the 10cm thick pad as opposed to the 8cm I ordered!

It takes a little time to inflate, about 30 minutes for full inflation; but you can help it along by closing the valves after 5 mins and rolling the air up into the sealed end and then opening the valves again for another 5 mins. This seems to achieve the same thickness as leaving it alone to inflate for half an hour.

Comfort is 10/10, I use this as a thermal base in my hammock during winter and it's very insulating and warm.

The only drawback is that it's still quite big (60cm long x 30cm diameter) rolled up and weighs about 3.5Kg. You may want to consider something else (a slightly thinner one) if your camping light. But if your not bothered by it's weight, i'd recommend this purely for it's comfort.

American 550 Paracord LYNX COYOTE BROWN 4mm 100ft
American 550 Paracord LYNX COYOTE BROWN 4mm 100ft
Offered by Wild Elk

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good cord., 3 Jun. 2013
Cord itself is pretty strong (I can hang off it without it snapping (11 St)).

Seems to be made of a different outer material than the last paracord I bought, more slippery and silky feel to it. Not that that matters really.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3