Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for brunch55 > Reviews

Content by brunch55

brunch55

The New Spiralz Spiralizer - The Inspiralizer with No Quibble Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Spiralizers

3.0 out of 5 stars Good with reservations, 14 Aug. 2015
Overall I am pleased with the spiralizer. I do find the plastic spikes a little lacking with heavier vegetables, and that a third hand would be useful on these occasions to ensure the vegetable is pushed tight against the blades. The design is neat with the storage area for blades not in use, and it is fairly easy to clean, although I have found that the plastic will stain a little with strong coloured items, for example carrots.
I do need to be a bit more careful with my quantities as there is something fascinating when the spaghetti strings and slices emerge from the machine that makes me want to keep going. On two occasions I have ended up with far more prepared veggies than I really want! The reason to only award three stars are:- I believe this may end up with other gadgets that are only used when I have plenty of time, it is not an essential kitchen item; the difficulty in applying pressure to ensure the blades are making contact while trying to turn the handle, and this could definitely lead to me using it less, as it can be exasperating. Delivery was prompt and as expected from the company.

This Boy
This Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: This Boy (Kindle Edition)
A fascinating book about an interesting early life. Particularly interesting if like Alan Johnson you were born in this era. It brought back memories and vividly brought the era to life. A really good read.

Fitflop Skinny Croc, Women Flat sandals, Brown (Bronze), 7 UK (41 EU)
Fitflop Skinny Croc, Women Flat sandals, Brown (Bronze), 7 UK (41 EU)
Offered by ALBRIZZI CALZATURE

5.0 out of 5 stars I like Fitflops, 10 Aug. 2014
These Fitflops are very good. They are narrower so look a little more dressed up. Only problem was that the buckle side a little scratchy initially so wore them in the house for a week to get used to them. Now as comfy as my other Fitflops

Jelly Roll Scraps (Twenty to Make)
Jelly Roll Scraps (Twenty to Make)
by Carolyn Forster

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Feb. 2014
I am not sure what I expected from this book, but I did not find it very interesting or inspiring

Frankenstein
Frankenstein

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a monster with a bolt in his neck!, 24 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Frankenstein (Kindle Edition)
This book is a great read and is just So relevant today in terms of its themes about ambition, responsibility and prejudice. Don't be put off by the silly films we all know so well. A thought provoking and moving book, astounding that it was written so long ago by someone so young. Give it a go.

Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Express 4
Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Express 4
by Diana Weynand

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for me, 24 Dec. 2011
Having had Final Cut Express on my computer for over a year, and struggling to understand how to use it, I decided to invest in this training manual. The initial copy I bought had a faulty DVD, and I was extremely impressed with the speedy replacement from Amazon. I am now about 7 lessons in on the training, and I find it really helpful. I am not keen on the film clips used, but the point is they de-mystify this programme for someone like me who needs to be instructed as to how to do it!
A really good worthwhile buy for me.

Rosetta Stone, German, Version 4, TOTALe, Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me-Roseeta Stone German, 15 Aug. 2011
I spent a long time deciding whether or not to purchase the Rosetta Stone German course. So far I have nearly completed the First Level of the course and I have found it great! It is hard work, but I like the interactive way of learning. As there is no explanation of any grammar etc., I do sometimes struggle with this aspect, and I can't quite work it out. However, I find the on-line lessons very helpful in this respect. Overall I would say if you want to learn German, and you don't want to go to classes, that this is a great way to do it. It is enjoyable too.

CAMlink TP-2800 Tripod- 3 Way Pan & Tilt head  With Free Carry Case
CAMlink TP-2800 Tripod- 3 Way Pan & Tilt head With Free Carry Case
Offered by TapeCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits me perfetly, 16 Mar. 2011
For some time my husband had suggested that I should get myself a tripod to improve the standard of photos I could take with my cannon camera. Particularly close up shots. Well, eventually I bought this tripod as it was well reviewed. I agree with the reviews that it really is a good tripod at a reasonable price, and although quite light is very stable. A good buy for me.

Andrew James 20 Litre White Convection Mini Oven And Grill 1500 Watts, Includes 2 Year Warranty And 5 Different Cooking Settings
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for low temperature, 8 Mar. 2011
I selected this oven for the specific purpose of being used at low temperatures, around 100-130 C. Unfortunately the oven tends to heat up to much higher temperatures than that on the dial. When on 100 C tending to average out at around 140 C. It was therefore not suitable for me. However, the company provided good customer service and did their best to help with the problem. They quickly issued a refund when unable to help.