My baby is now too heavy for his beloved Fisher-Price Rainforest Friends Bouncer
so I was happy to be able to try this.
Assembly - pretty straight forward, just need a Philips screwdriver. Seat cover was quite difficult to get on. You'll also need a C type battery but as we very rarely bothered with the vibrating function on the previous bouncer we probably won't bother.
Aesthetics - nice and colourful.
Comfort - seat is extremely well padded and looks super comfy.
Safety - comes with a 5 point harness which seems a bit of overkill - it's not possible for the rocker to tip backwards due to the shape of the rocker so I guess they're just being extra-safe.
- the seat is a lot higher from the ground than what we're used to (which is a good thing)
- our baby (8+ months old) is unable to get the rocker moving, I think he is a little frustrated as he is used to kicking one leg and the bouncer started bobbing away. I'm sure he'll get used to this though.
- the poles are quite chunky - nice and solid, well made.
- the dangling animals feel quite cheap plastic - the rings hanging from the monkey are hard plastic too so not great for the baby to chew on (on the plus side the animals are the perfect length for baby to chew on from his seated position, whereas with his Fisher Price bouncer he would pull the monkeys off in order to be able to chew on them)
- the bar from which the animals hang just seems to sit in its slot and our baby can pull it right out when he's being a bit rough
Overall - I do like it, although I do wish the bar had loops so you could chop and change your hanging toys. Time will tell if the baby can get the rocker rocking!