Profile for Sue > Reviews

Chicco 123 Activity Centre Baby Walker - Green
Chicco 123 Activity Centre Baby Walker - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars It's big!, 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The main drawback to this, is its size - and it is the same width (almost as wide as a standard doorway) on every setting whether it be for sitting, walking, or riding.
It's fairly easy to put together (the only tools you'll need are for the battery compartment) although the instructions are basic, at best as it wasn't entirely clear from the instructions which were for building stage 1, 2, or 3. I gave up with the instructions but then had to return to them when I couldn't find the saddle part of the ride-on.
The toys on the front vary between good (detachable phone that rings) and basic ("pop-up" panda which only pops up by about a centimetre when you press the button). The "wing mirror" is a nice touch though. The walker runs well on hard flooring but is slow moving on carpet or rugs and barely moves at all on grass. You'll need to have a large area to use this in and it does move well in that instance.
Not worth buying if you're tight on space though.

SmoothSkin Gold Permanent Hair Reduction
SmoothSkin Gold Permanent Hair Reduction

4.0 out of 5 stars No results as yet but easy to use, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I mostly use a manual razor, but have also tried an electric razor, two different epilators, and a Babyliss hair removal gadget with a sort of exfoliating / sanding method.
I’ve always been tempted to try either salon laser hair removal or a Home IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) device but the cost is prohibitively expensive.

This IPL is very easy to use (it comes with a full user manual as well as a quick start guide) although it does need a power source. It has skin tone recognition which is a great idea especially for a novice like me.

With a large “head” it covers a relatively large area with the minimum number of “shots” or “flashes” (pulses of light – according to the manual its lifetime is 120,000 flashes or about 6 years – and the bulb cannot be replaced). As an example your underarm area needs about 4 or 5 shots although for this area it is a bit awkward – would recommend standing in front of a mirror for this if possible.

You shouldn’t treat the same area twice and in an ideal world you’d be able to mark out your skin into different zones so you know which area you’ve already covered as its easy, especially on your legs, to go over the same place twice even just by a small overlap.

The handset is a nice curved shape and easy to hold (however it does feel heavy after a while). As I have to post this review within 28 days there are no noticeable improvements but I will continue, as it is expected to take approximately 12 weeks of weekly treatment to see any results.

The user manual can be found here:

Slumbersac Baby Sleeping Bag 1 Tog - Train, 12-36 months
Slumbersac Baby Sleeping Bag 1 Tog - Train, 12-36 months
Offered by Slumbersac Trading Co Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality sleeping bag but why change the zip format!, 18 May 2015
This is a really nice quality sleeping bag, however the fact that the zipper goes from the top down is frustrating as you have to match the two ends together which is not easy when you have a wriggly child to contend with.
It is easier to change a nappy when the baby is asleep, although having said that our boy can sleep through anything!

Zoggs Boy's Sun Protection Cap - Blue, One Size
Zoggs Boy's Sun Protection Cap - Blue, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality hat, 18 May 2015
This hat is lovely and stretchy - it's a good fit on our 16 month old with room to grow and the fabric (swimming costume type fabric) is very stretchy. Despite fitting nicely it doesn't seem to bother our son at all who is constantly pulling hats off his head!
The legionnaire's neck protector is a decent length (longer than the amazon image suggests) and because of the material is ideal for water play as it will dry quickly.
Very happy with this.

Rexel A5 Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)
Rexel A5 Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and durable, 18 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These wallets are basically overgrown pencil cases - they are thick plastic, with a fabric zip, with mesh inside the plastic. The wallets are semi-opaque but very strong (yet flexible). The A5 wallet leaves approximately 1.5cm around the edge of an A5 sheet of paper meaning you could fit a thick wad of papers. We use these in my office (albeit in A4 size) for the internal post as there are no fiddly poppers to be fussing with.
The description does say it could be used as a pencil case (although you'd need a lot of pencils to fill it!) but please note that if you require a transparent pencil case (e.g. for an exam) this would most likely be rejected due to the mesh lining making it semi-opaque.

Nikon COOLPIX S33 Compact Digital Camera - Yellow (13.2 MP, CMOS Sensor, 3x Zoom) 2.7 -Inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and waterproof, 15 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This camera is brightly coloured, tough, dust proof, cold resistant, and waterproof (up to 10 metres). If you’re a keen photographer you won’t get amazing pictures (on land, at least), however with a small child this is perfect for us especially on holiday if we go to the beach, in the pool etc, and will withstand being dropped (shockproof to 1.5m).
Personally I wouldn’t use this as my only camera but I would happily let me son use it when he’s old enough without worrying he could damage it.

AGPtek® 60 pcs White Solar Power LED String Fairy Light for Christmas, party or other celebration occasions
Offered by Mamabate Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 May 2015
These lights work well, the solar panel is small and unobtrusive and comes with a ground stake too.
I was being a little dense when I was trying to switch it on as the "button" wouldn't slide or push in. Turned out it was a cover for the button which you need to remove before switching on! My husband thought it might be to make it weather-proof however as the button cover only fits on when the slider switch is in the "off" position I assume this is not the case. Other than that, great little set of lights! Wires aren't too thick so in daylight you'd barely notice the lights were there. There are 3 positions - flash, off, and on. The flash is a solid flash rather than a twinkle (i.e. alternate bulbs flashing IYKWIM) but that doesn't bother me as I prefer them permanently on anyway.

Nikon COOLPIX S7000 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.0 MP, CMOS Sensor, 20x Zoom) 3.0 -Inch LCD
Offered by Executivez

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive, 10 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I have a DSLR which I use regularly for landscapes, action etc it is far too heavy and cumbersome to carry when I haven't got the car and a child to look after.
When I first took the Nikon out of the box I was dubious as to whether I would like it as it was so different from what I am used to, so much smaller, fitting into the palm of my hand and no manual settings
My priority from a camera is image quality and this 16 megapixel offering from Nikon doesn't disappoint. In fact one of my images of a flyboarding demo taken with this camera was printed by our local newspaper. This was taken in Sports mode
There is no viewfinder but I soon adjusted to using the large LCD screen on the rear of the camera.
Apart from the auto button , there is an abundance of scene modes such as portrait, landscape, time-lapse movie, sports, night portrait, Party/indoors ; beach, snow, sunset, dusk/dawn, close up, food, fireworks, easy panorama, pet portrait etc.
I have tried out most of the modes and have been very pleasantly surprised as the camera handled everything exceptionally well. I was particularly interested in the fireworks mode and waited for a display before posting this review. I am absolutely delighted with the results. A word of advice for anyone using this camera on this mode there is a time lapse of a few seconds once the shutter is pressed so don't wait until the fireworks have exploded into the sky but press beforehand and you should get the image you want.
In addition, there are special effects like Sepia, High Contrast Mono, toy camera effect etc.
Full HD movie mode gives great clarity. The button however is very easy to press by mistake but then I do have large hands.
A bonus is the EN-EL19 Lithium ion Battery Pack saving you a fortune on batteries. Just charge it whilst still in the camera. I took about 1400 images before the battery needed re-charging. However for around £20 you can get a spare genuine Nikon battery from Amazon and if like me you take a lot of photographs whilst out for the day, this is a good investment. I use SDHC class 10 card.
As my daughter says ' this camera is just so easy to operate'.
I can't find any fault with this camera. In fact I love it. It will not take the place of my DSLR but is a worthy addition to my camera equipment as it is just so easy for me to slip in my pocket when out with family or when I don't want to be bogged down with weight.
I was hoping to upload some of the images taken with this camera but unfortunately Amazon haven't made provision for this on their site which is a bit of a shame.
If you are looking for something small, great image quality, ease of use, quality build plus an abundance of scene modes, buy this model, I am sure you won't be disappointed. There is no doubt in my mind that this camera thoroughly deserves 5 stars.

Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup with a Kick of Chilli 400 g (Pack of 12)
Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup with a Kick of Chilli 400 g (Pack of 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value - but arrived dented, 6 May 2015
My husband loves these, we got them from amazon at a great price (60p a tin I think), however about 8 or 9 or the 12 were dented - so unless you're planning on eating these fairly quickly, you're better off buying these where you can check the tins.

Blingstring Outdoor Solar Fairy Lights - White 100 LEDs
Blingstring Outdoor Solar Fairy Lights - White 100 LEDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, would buy again!, 6 May 2015
These are fantastic and cover a decent length of the garden. There are different settings, and the solar panel can be mounted on the (included) stake, or mounted on the (separately included) wall/fence mount which has 3 small holes. We've attached it to the fence and it looks fab. You can adjust the angle of the solar panel on the mount to get maximum sunlight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20