Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 612

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips B120S / 10 wireless In.Sight camera with HD Monitor (2 Digital Zoom (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having had trouble installing some apps before I wasn't 100% sure I would get it to work, but I needn't have worried! It was really simple to set up - plus the camera in, download the app and then the app wizard takes you through the next steps. The picture is very clear although movement is a little jerky (the feed is delayed by about 1-2 seconds even if you're right next to the device). You can take snap shots on your phone from the screen which will automatically save them to your gallery. You can also speak to your baby through the monitor, although you do effectively record your voice then send it - so it's not live.
The monitor has a few nursery rhyme lullabies which you can start / stop from your phone.
We tried to link it to a second phone but haven't been successful in that (yet) as the monitor knows it's already linked and so you don't get the flashing light you need to look for. I think the app must be quite large as my husband had insufficient storage for it on his Samsung Galaxy S5, although once we moved his photos across to his sim card it was fine. I had no problems at all installing it on a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini.

Kuuk Hand Powered Food Processor, Mixer, Spinner
Kuuk Hand Powered Food Processor, Mixer, Spinner
Offered by iHeadphones UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and effective, 2 Aug. 2015
I've had something very similar for about 10 years (just for chopping, the one I had can't be used for salad spinning like this one can) and was pleased to find this as the blades on my old one are getting rather blunt. This is a little larger than my previous model (by a different brand) but performs excellently and as a bonus has sticky feet to stop it from moving around while you're turning the handle. The handle is also thoughtfully designed and allows you to hold the mixer / chopper down by the lid with your whole hand without getting caught by the wpinner handle every time you go around.

I only very recently bought an electric food processor but to be honest I still resort to the faithful manual chopper as I can do it at the kitchen table where there are no sockets. If my (mini) electric chopper gave up the ghost I probably would't replace it as I can get quite a bit in this model and it is really easy to chop without the risk of turning everything into puree which I seem to always manage with my electric processor.
I received a discount coupon in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

me Smooth Elos Permanent Hair Reduction System
me Smooth Elos Permanent Hair Reduction System

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 1 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well made product and extremely easy to use. However in the 3 weeks I have been testing it using twice a week I am not convinced it is going to cure my hair problem. I was expecting quick permanent results but this has not been the case. I have been using it on my legs on a low setting to start with and been using for about 2 months. I was hoping there would be no regrowth but the hairs are back! It is a very clean machine to use no gels etc just turn on the machine press the setting required and activate the handset from the back and you are ready to go. As you run the handset over your skin a pulse of red light flashes (there is no pain) A full leg takes about 10-15 minutes backwards and forwards. Make sure you do not hold the machine over one spot just glide over the whole leg. The machine comes with an instruction book and a quick reference guide so you can't go wrong. It is not recommended for pregnant women or people or have a pacemaker or suffer from epilepsy. Do not use of large freckles, birthmarks etc because the skin could become damaged. I think most people are sensible and the main thing to do is just try a small area first say on a low setting see how you get on and then maybe adjust the
settings. I think to do a proper review of this machine you need to use the machine for at least 6 months so as soon as I see any improvement in the results I will add to this review. For the moment I am not convinced I will end up hair free.

So from the looks of the machine and ease of use it gets full marks. Results so far 3/10 but maybe it depends on the strength of hair a person actually has so will persevere and hopefully over a long period of time I will get the results I want i.e. hair free legs.

Philips Avent Easy Sip Spout Cup with Handle (200 ml, Blue)
Philips Avent Easy Sip Spout Cup with Handle (200 ml, Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips Avent, 1 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do like this item, having used it before and as with all Philips Avent products the teats / spouts areinterchangeable. The cup pictured is for 6 months and upwards, however the item I was actually sent was http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N3P9IBG/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1438428288&sr=1-1&keywords=philips+avent+no+spill which is for 18 months+ (which is fine as my son has both - the no spill cup had a firm spout whereas this item has a silicone spout which DOES spill).

Vie Magnesium Salt Flakes - 400g Jar
Vie Magnesium Salt Flakes - 400g Jar
Offered by Healthcare Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for feet, 1 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was recommended to try Epsom salts or magnesium salts by a chiropractor and having already tried Epsom salts with no noticeable effects (apparently it should draw out any impurities in your body), I gave these a go. My skin felt lovely and soft after a bath (although I didn't feel any different muscle-wise) and after using it in a foot bath my soles definitely felt softer and callouses less painful.
So in short, I'd recommend for a foot bath but probably not for a soak in the tub.

Panasonic SD-2511W Multi-Function Bread Maker, White
Panasonic SD-2511W Multi-Function Bread Maker, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Results Every Time, 21 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This machine is very simple to operate and a very comprehensive recipe book is included . For anyone thinking of buying this machine, go online and download the instruction manual and you will be able to see not only the instructions but masses of recipes.
You can also call the Panasonic help line for cookery advice, the telephone number being on the back of the book.
Panasonic has a brilliant website and you can actually watch Rachel Allen making sour dough, bread, cake etc. If anyone is contemplating making sourdough just watch Rachel and you will see how easy it is. A different kneading blade especially for rye bread is included
I have made white loaves, granary, pizza dough, focaccia and everything has turned out perfectly. With a bread maker you know exactly what has gone into your food no more preservatives. Obviously with no preservatives the finished product will not last as long in your cupboard but with my family that is no problem! The machine has a built in timer which applies to a lot of the recipes so you can program your loaf to be ready at a certain time - brilliant.
I have also made hot cross buns, the dough being made in the machine and then finished off in the oven for about 15 mins. Absolutely delicious far better than shop bought. Only 2 hrs 20 mins from start to finish - why spend the morning making by hand when you can get these results just by pushing a button.
The key to using this machine and getting good results every time is to use flour and yeast which are in date. A word of advice, the sachets of yeast in boxes work out quite expensive and there is a lot of waste. I now buy the small tin of Allison Easy Bake Yeast which is just over £1 to buy (green tin) suitable for bread making machines. The tin I have just bought expires April 2017 so great value.

There are 33 different functions for this machine for example press 1 on the menu for a basic loaf, press 14 for gluten free, press 24 for rye, press 32 for jam, press 33 for compote and so the list goes on.
A friend of mine has a Panasonic bread maker which is over 10 years old and is still going strong. Panasonic has been manufacturing bread makers for a number of years and have been highly recommended in many quality food magazines. I can wholeheartedly agree that their machines are fantastic.
The model I am reviewing has a lovely glossy white finish which is also available in black. It looks great on my worktop.
This machine can produce so many wonderful things and I am sure anyone buying this product will be absolutely delighted with the results. Because of the quality of the machine it should give many years of service.

I have no hesitation in giving this machine 5 stars. This is one gadget that has pride of place in my kitchen and will continue to be used regularly. I love it.

Philips Sonicare Flex Care Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare Flex Care Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Platinum toothbrush, 16 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has holds its charge really well - apparently up to 3 weeks! It also comes with a travel case (for the entire toothbrush rather than just to cover the head)

There are lots of functions to boot including a lower setting if you have sensitivity issues), although at this price you would expect it. I also like the shape of the head (I had something similar years ago, although it was battery powered so although good for travel, didn't have much power) as its more like a "normal" toothbrush.

I recall someone once posted a review saying they share the toothbrush with their partner, and just have separate interchangeable heads, which I think is a great idea especially if you're buying something like this (4 replacement heads are currently c£30, or less if you use subscribe and save)

LinkS 3-in-1 USB Sync & Charger Retractable Cable Designed for All iPhones, iPods, iPads, Androids, Bluetooth Headsets, BlackBerry (30pin + 8pin Lightning + MicroUSB (White)
Offered by Links Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little gadget, 13 July 2015
When I was looking for a short cable to link my iPod to my car stereo I came across this - much more versatile than having one short cable and one long cable! The "retractable cable" is still technically on the outside of the reel rather than hidden away (possibly a better option as although it doesn't look that neat, you'll be able to see if the cable gets tangled) - and both ends extend, leaving the reel in the middle.
Good little gadget!

Philips HR1875/21 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 1000 Watt - Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love LOVE this, feeling healthier already!, 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I absolutely love this! I've never owned a juicer and pretty much thought they were just a glorified blender but with a spout. I was so wrong! The juicer comes with a small recipe book, nothing to be excited about, however there are a few free juicer recipe books available for the Kindle so I thought I would start with them.

The juice you get is not as watery as I was expecting and the combinations we've tried so far have been great. With a 1,000W motor it's not quiet - and it is a LOT bigger than I was expecting, however with a bit of clever angling I can get it on the worktop just under the top cupboards.

The "self-clean" option is useful too (especially if I want to make something after my husband's concoction involving pineapple which I cannot stand).

The spout is high up enough for you to collect the juice on the worktop as opposed to having the spout overhang the edge of the work surface. Really pleased with this - one of those gadgets you don't realise how much you want one until you actually have one! Would recommend.

Philips Avent Sip No Drip Spout Cup (340 ml, Black)
Philips Avent Sip No Drip Spout Cup (340 ml, Black)
Offered by VanityandBeyond

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product from Philips, 8 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We already have a few Philips Avent products and have never had any problems with their bottles or beakers. This beaker is non drip (with an internal valve) and the spout is firm plastic - great when you have a little one who likes to throw his beaker about or press it down onto his highchair tray in the hope of creating a nice big puddle - or indeed chewing on the teat/spout.
This is a decent size beaker, however the lid does not click firmly on and could easily come away - but with the beaker being non-drip, it's more of a hygiene issue than anything.
Says it is suitable for 18 months but probably fine for 12 months plus.

Edit - please note that the beaker I received did not have any volume markings on the side.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20