Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 567

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Konig HAV-TR900BL Portable Retro DAB Radio - Black with Cream Accents - Carry Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSIVE SOUND, 25 Jan. 2015
OUTSTANDING SOUND
This retro style radio does take a bit of getting used to being quite large roughly 12 inches by 8 inches. It is extremely easy to operate, to switch it on ,just turn the knob on the side which is also the volume control. It takes 6 'C' batteries but also works on mains.
On the top of the radio to the left, there are three large buttons FM, AM and DAB. On the right there are 5 preset buttons which allow you to preset up to 10 DAB stations plus other press buttons. When you first turn on the radio, it searches for the DAB stations just select each station with the select button and then store them with the preset buttons, very easy.
When you use the DAB pre set stations it will show on the small screen on the top of the radio the radio station, the program which is being broadcast at that time together with the title of the music being played. Another useful feature is the time is also shown. Keep pressing the display button and even more information is displayed including the date.
I live In the Channel Islands and as such DAB is not available for our local station so I had to manually select it. This was done by manually turning the large round dial on the very front of the radio. Obviously this can be a problem if you don't know the frequency. Unfortunately you can't store non DAB stations which is the only minus point I can think of.
If quality of sound is a number one priority, I don't think you will go far wrong in buying this product as the sound is nothing short of outstanding. The build quality is excellent, black plastic with a cream leather look trim and the design is very well thought out. I am therefore giving this product a well deserved 5 stars

Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8222/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser Pink
Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8222/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for people who can't get to grips with regular flossing, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's always the same story, I see the dental hygienist twice a year, I floss for a couple of days before I go, and then remember to do it for about a week afterwards, then the floss gets put away in the cupboard and forgotten about apart from the occasional floss. I've only had this a week but was itching to get going, although frustratingly it says to charge it for a full 24 hours before use. The charging light went off after about 5 hours and in the end I started using it after about 18 hours of charging (too impatient, me!)
I've been using it mostly with mouthwash - you just move the tip along your gums and press the button when reaching the gaps between your teeth. It's actually a lot easier to do the back teeth than I thought it would be, and those are the most neglected ones in my case.

I like that its pink because hubby is less likely to "borrow" it although I might be kind and buy him a spare head so we can share.

McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Total Protection 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 22 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Last year the same product included a CD as well as having the download option, but this time it just has the download details (the address is stated inside the packaging), using the product key to verify you have the product.

If you have an old McAfee already installed this software will do its thing to upgrade it to the new version, and if you have a different product installed you will need to uninstall it before installing McAfee.

I also had this product last year and although it does slow down your computer to some extent, I was pleased with its performance and so was more than happy to install this year's as well, in fact, last year, I was just surfing the net on the computer and I had this pop up from McAfee (not website related) - it was telling me that someone had connected to my network! Well I didn't even know I had a network, but I guess I was relieved to see some evidence that the software was doing what it should as generally its one of those things that you don't know what its doing unless it fails to do what its supposed to!

Would recommend.

Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest 80 Wipes (Pack of 4)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest 80 Wipes (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wipes if you can get them at the right price., 22 Jan. 2015
These are good, but for the price (£16, 4 packs of 80 wipes) they're not cheap. We go through endless quantities of these types of wipes as we have a messy baby (great for wiping down his changing mat or his highchair tray) and a cat who likes to walk all over the kitchen worktops.
These have a subtle clean fresh lemon scent and at the right price I definitely think these are worth buying. There are own brand wipes available in supermarkets which are just as effective (although I'll admit to not going to the extent of taking swabs!) but at a much cheaper price.

So great product - but only worth buying at the right price. I've given it 5 stars as amazon prices fluctuate so much you might be in luck to get these at half the above mentioned price!

Small Elephant's Bathtime
Small Elephant's Bathtime
by Tatyana Feeney

3.0 out of 5 stars Not particularly colourful or engaging., 2 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this to read to my son, who loves bath time and animals. It's a sweet looking book, but the "plot" is a bit, well, bland (in a nutshell the elephant doesn't want to get in the bath until his Daddy gets in it) and the pictures although very sweet are not colourful enough to engage a young child's interest.
I assume the intention of the book is to encourage toddlers to be more enthusiastic to get into their baths but the book just doesn't deliver.

Mamas & Papas Sleepfresh Luxury Pocket Spring Mattress (140 x 70 cm)
Mamas & Papas Sleepfresh Luxury Pocket Spring Mattress (140 x 70 cm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit, excellent quality, baby not happy though!, 29 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This an extremely well made quality product - it has all the factors on your checklist - removeable cover (washable at 60 degrees), excellent fit in our East Coast Nursery cot bed (our previous mattress had gaps of 2 or 3 cm at either end - this has a total of 1.5-2 cm at a push), pocket sprung, firm, waterproof membrane, rotateable/turnable mattress.
So why not 5 stars? Well, our baby doesn't appear to like it! He has for 2 days refused to nap on it even though he's clearly exhausted, and at night he seems very distressed in his cot which is not at all like him (not teething either). It is considerably firmer than his previous mattress and I can only assume he just isn't that comfortable. I guess in our case it boils down to what baby is used to - if this was his first mattress then I am certain he'd be absolutely fine.
We will persevere and hope that this is just a phase as this is such a good quality mattress.

Labrador (Black) Coir Doormat
Labrador (Black) Coir Doormat

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Labrador (Black) Coir Doormat
Good quality item, reasonably thick. Just what I wanted for a friend who is Labrador mad.

Canon 16-35 mm / F 4,0 EF L IS USM Lens
Canon 16-35 mm / F 4,0 EF L IS USM Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Was tempted to buy the Canon 16-35 2. 8 ..., 22 Dec. 2014
Was tempted to buy the Canon 16-35 2.8 but based on the reviews of the 16-35 f4 L IS I took the plunge and bought the latter. I am absolutely thrilled with it, images so sharp. It wasn't a cheap purchase but I feel that it is well worth the money.

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan: Photoshop CC Plus Lightroom - 12-Month Licence - Key Card (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN PRICE FOR AMAZING SOFTWARE, 22 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very easy to install. An absolute bargain and to include Adobe Lightroom it is a steal. Far better to pay for an annual subscription and get all updates. I seem to remember that Adobe were charging about £600 for their last version of Photoshop. As an amateur photographer I have never been able to afford Photoshop and so have bought Elements which although very good has its limitations and it seems to me with Elements costing about £100 now it makes sense to have a year's subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud including lightroom. I am a beginner but this plan comes with tutorials which take you from this stage to more advanced work. My photography magazines tend to use Creative Cloud to create special effects on images so I find their tutorials much more useful now that I have the right software. One thing to bear in mind is when registering you have to give details of your credit card and your subscription will be automatically renewed so if you don't want to renew just cancel.

Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 (PC/Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars There are better value options out there, 13 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're familiar with Photoshop this version is easy to use (and we're all familiar with the term "photoshopped"!) - it comes as a DVD and there isn't a download option which surprised me as that seems to be the norm these days.

This version is good enough (although not worth upgrading from v.12) - however as you can rent the full Photoshop & Lightroom combined from Adobe for less than £9 per month, at over 10 times the price (currently) I don't think this is good value for money - but it depends what you want to use it for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20