Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 525

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultranatura Fabric Cover Sylt for Square Garden Table, Weather Protection Cover for Square Table

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good product, it has holes and a pull cord to secure it to your table or whatever you're covering over.
I do tend to buy cheaper products like this as they often blow away and therefore it seems pointless investing any money in them, however there are little vents which help prevent the cover flying off.
It's very much on the expensive end for this type of product but it does feel a good quality and so far it hasn't blown off in the wind.

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fare so well on slightly older stains, 16 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"Beaphar Spray Away removes stains caused by dog and cat urine, faeces, vomit and blood, the the odours associated with them"
Our cat is pretty clean and if he does soil, he tends to do it on on hard floor areas (thankfully), however our baby is not quite so considerate.
This product does say that it can be used on "persistent or old stains" so I thought I'd try it out on a week old mark on the rug where the baby was sick after having some mango. It does say for best results treat the area immediately, but in the absence of any newer stains I thought it was worth a try. As directed I sprayed the area and covered with a damp cloth, and then scrubbed hard with the cloth - repeating 3 times. The stain is definitely lighter now but it is still there. I've used half the bottle on this one stain (about 3" in diameter) but will save the rest for the inevitable next baby-vomit episode.

Garmin Large Vivosmart Activity Tracker with Smart Notification - Blue
Garmin Large Vivosmart Activity Tracker with Smart Notification - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars When is a smart phone not a smart phone?, 11 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried syncing this with 3 phones - a Samsung S3, a Motorola Moto G and my husband's Samsung S5

When I went to download the app from Google Play, for the S3 and the Motorola I get a message telling me the app is not compatible with the phone (I guess they are a little too basic on the smart-phone spectrum). So I tried the Samsung S5, and apparently the app is "not available in your country". We're in the Channel Islands, not Outer Mongolia!
I am going to contact Garmin for assistance but in the meantime we have installed the software onto the computer which is OK for now, but it means that some of the features are unusable, for example reading short text messages.

I will update as and when I get assistance from Garmin.

Coachies Cat Treats 65g (Tuna)
Coachies Cat Treats 65g (Tuna)
Offered by PetPoint

3.0 out of 5 stars Cat not bothered, 11 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can only give this a middle-of-the-road rating as my cat has refused to eat these.
I was convinced he would love them as they are a) expensive (its a running joke that his keenness for food directly correlates with its cost) and they are b) tuna flavoured (he tends to favour anything fishy)
On first opening the packet he barely glanced up, but undeterred I put them in his dish and waited... and waited.... and waited (they were still there the following morning).

They are quite big for cat biscuits but they are intended as a treat rather than as dry food. They are not the hard crunchy type of biscuits either and seem more soft and chewy in texture than anything (but no, I didn't try them!) and have a sort of meaty aroma. I guess it was the aroma that put him off. We occasionally have a neighbour's cat visiting who I'm sure will be delighted to polish these off.

Fisher-Price Smart Stages Chair Yellow
Fisher-Price Smart Stages Chair Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Super smiley seat, 11 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This seat is a great hit with our 10 month old baby. As soon as he saw it he beamed just like the big smile imprinted on this seat which is as bright as the sun.

Immediate impressions, fun, colourful and well made. As it is made of a strong plastic material it is also very easy to clean. Every time I come into the room, the chair makes me smile and it is such an attractive toy, I leave it out in the lounge rather than put it away

There are three levels. 1, 2 and 3 which you choose according to age. There are also two levels for sound. I chose two because it sounded loud and exciting. Due to the baby's age he is level one, just slide the switch on the front of the seat and due to the sound I have chosen a voice booms 'Level 1, let's have some fun'. As soon as baby sits down the seat is activated and the chair sings the alphabet. Very educational yet good fun at the same time. Very clear and it reminded me of a 'watch with mother' voice from the 1950's. The alphabet is even printed on the little yellow seat in different colours.

On one of the arms of the chair there are 4 numbers, one to 4 and with each press the voice tells baby the number he has pressed and a red light will blink accordingly. So press the number 4 and it will tell you 4 and blink four times etc so once again very educational as it will teach baby to count up to 4.

The baby loves to raise the seat - there is a little storage area here to keep a small book. As soon as the seat is raised or lowered the voice says up or down and then peekaboo which is great fun.

On the other arm of the chair there is a small well made plastic book and my little boy loves turning the pages because the chair sings according to which page he is on. He also loves being rough with the pages as they make a loud tap and sings to him.

This is an amazingly well thought out chair. It is also perfect for our boy to sit on and play on his Vtech iDiscover App Activity Table. It is almost as if they have been made to go together as a perfect height and also the vtech has virtually the same colours so they match perfectly.

I have given this toy a well deserved 5 stars especially as it is perfect with the Vtech table. Not sure if the baby would stay on the seat for a long time if he didn't have the table in front of him as to me it doesn't look that comfortable being made of hard plastic but team it with the table it is an absolute winner. He does however love sitting on the floor facing the seat opening and closing the seat compartment waiting for it to say up down and peekaboo. He does this all the time making as much noise as possible. He thinks it is wonderful. A real fun toy!

Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer
Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small children, 6 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Currently we are using a dummy thermometer with our baby, however when he's particularly unwell its hard to get him to take the dummy long enough to get a reading - plus we want to wean him off his dummy soon anyway.
Having tried the strips that stick to baby's forehead (waste of time) I was pleased to get this - it's very similar to one that has been used on me in hospital.
We are getting fairly consistent readings, however our baby hasn't been ill for a while so we can only try it as far as we are able.
I did think this would be an ideal way of taking baby's temperature while he was sleeping however the beep is not exactly quiet and may well wake baby up.

Top With Cinnamon: Stylish Sweet and Savoury Recipes
Top With Cinnamon: Stylish Sweet and Savoury Recipes
by Izy Hossack

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too sweet, 5 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The title and the cover are both misleading - you would expect this to be a recipe book full of sweet recipes, but in fact, there's everything:-
Breakfast & Brunch
Sides
Mains
Sweet Snacks
Desserts
Staples & How-To's

The photos are real and not glossy - floury dough with a messy worktop in the background, although the images are a little on the blurry side. I expect this young lady has taken a lot of the photos herself and it makes it seem less, well, polished which is a good thing - a real person cooking real food.
The font size is a little on the small side as I like to be able to glance at a recipe while I am in the midst of preparing a dish but I really have to peer close to focus on the words.
There is an amazing range of recipes for example Sage, Feta & Sage Focaccia which is lovely, and Polenta chips which are absolutely gorgeous!
The mains include recipes suitable for or that can be altered for vegetarians. The sweet snacks look delicious and I can't wait to try out the Cinnamon Pecan & Oatmeal cookies.
As for the desserts (my favourite section) there's a great range from frozen yoghurt to chocolate cake to pear tartlets.

Well done Izy!

Love Byte
Love Byte
by David Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Love Byte (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had to keep putting this book down at the beginning - not because it wasn't good (in fact it was excellent) but because I was blubbering over the poor woman dying leaving her husband and baby (even typing this I am now welling up!). I was actually only a few pages in when I started welling up.

It's very much akin to PS I Love You - I have seen the film of that but never read the book, and thought the film was just "OK" but I didn't feel moved by it. However this book is so beautifully written I do hope it gets made (sympathetically) into a film one day.

The first part is probably not what you would call light holiday reading and honestly I wasn't sure I could carry on - but things do improve for Andy (the widower) and Amy (2 year old daughter) and it is a lovely heart-warming story with some laugh out loud moments along the way.

I would absolutely recommend this book.

Gro Hush Baby Calmer
Gro Hush Baby Calmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Calm baby, happy Mummy, 12 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wish I'd had this when my baby was a newborn! It's a really great idea and easy to hold baby against you and press the GroHush against his other ear.
The only comment I would make is that the "Mother's heartbeat" function is very fast - in fact it reminds me of my baby's heartbeat when I was pregnant. It's clearly just a made up noise as it sounds a little robotic.
The "Waves" function is just a solid noise, not like waves breaking and swelling. The rain function though is lovely and quite soothing, this is a definite favourite for the baby and for myself.

It's very portable and has its own travel case (although frustratingly the case won't click shut when the GroHush is in it!).

As our baby is 9 months old its hard to tell whether he goes quiet because the noise is soothing, or just because it has distracted him, but either way, it works for us.

Would recommend.

Webbox Cats Delight Lick-e-Lix Chicken, 15g, Pack of 10
Webbox Cats Delight Lick-e-Lix Chicken, 15g, Pack of 10

1.0 out of 5 stars Cat not impressed, 12 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can only review this to the extent of what our cat thinks of it (if he could talk I expect he'd give it 0 stars)

It squeezes out in a yoghurt consistency so you WILL need a bowl, it is not like the Webbox snacks where you can break off a piece (which our cat loves by the way, so I had high hopes for this).

It looks pretty disgusting (a kind of pinky beige colour) and doesn't smell good (not to me, at least)
I wafted this under our cat's nose and he did express interest; I then put the bowl down for him, he came over, sniffed it, and walked off.

We've put it down for him twice and even left it out overnight, as he does tend to clear his bowls in the middle of the night, but it was still there in the morning.

We will definitely be sticking to the Webbox Cats Delight Tasty Salmon Sticks Chews Treats 12 x 6 (72 Sticks).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20