Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 536

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Motorola Moto G 5-Inch (2nd Gen UK Stock) Dual Sim 8GB SIM-Free Smartphone XT1068

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone for the price, 21 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never owned a Motorola before, mostly Samsungs and one Nokia, so I wasn't sure how I'd get along with this. In fact I've only even ventured into using a smart phone this year so I'm by no means an expert in this kind of technology!
I won't go into the gadgety side of things as quite frankly I'm not that far past being a very basic phone function user!
Set up - very easy, you'll need a Micro Sim (nowadays even the standard size Sim comes with a pop-out micro-sim embedded in it); immediately it asked me if I wanted to set up my gmail account and link it to the phone - simple. Then I was free to play around with the phone.

For simplicity I'll list the Pros and Cons, in my opinion, and in my experience so far:

Pro-
-Easy to set up (immediately found my wifi without me even having to prompt the search)
-Graphics are brilliant!
-Keyboard is very sensitive and rarely requires duplicate pressing of the same button (a bug bear of mine with the S3 mini)
- Good ringtone volume
- Good camera (apart from the zoom - see Cons!)
- Dual Sim (I won't need to use this so have no idea how that aspect works!)
- unlocked - unlike other phones which arrive "Sim-Free" but you then find its actually locked to a specific service provider, this genuinely is unlocked and was perfectly happy with my non-UK Sim.
- Very lightweight and slimline
- Can add to the phone memory with a micro SD card

Cons -
- No mains charger included, only a USB lead (mini USB port I think its called), so you'll need a USB adaptor charger. NB the port is the same size as the Kindle AND the Samsung S3 Mini (this is actually good for me - with 2 kindles and an S3 mini in the house I have lots of chargers - and only need to take one when I go away!)
- Very basic instruction manual
- Zoom not very intuitive on the camera (but fine on internet)
- Difficult to get the battery cover off (seems to be a standard issue nowadays in my experience though)

At this price I'd say it is better than the Samsung S3 mini which is a similar price, and I would recommend this phone if you're looking in this price bracket.

Junior Joy Cot Bed Flannelette Sheet (White)
Junior Joy Cot Bed Flannelette Sheet (White)

3.0 out of 5 stars VERY large, 20 Sep 2014
These are nice enough quality and wash quite well BUT they are VERY large! They also don't feel like the warm flannelette fabric I was expecting (the sort my Gran had in candy striped bedding).
We have a standard cot bed and you really have to pull these sheets under the mattress to get them to lay smooth over the top of the mattress.

Think Nora Batty stockings but on a bed!

ADDIS Perfect Fit Iron Large Board Cover Scat Flower
ADDIS Perfect Fit Iron Large Board Cover Scat Flower

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, good price, 20 Sep 2014
This is very large but there is an elasticated drawstring which we were able to draw in a lot, to fit our ironing board which is 124 x 38 cm. It's really well padded and very well made and has given our ironing board (which I think is about 20+ years old, with our old cover being about 11 years old) a new lease of life. This was almost half the price of the ones meant for our sized ironing board and I am glad I got this one. If you do't cut off the elasticated drawstring then it could easily be taken off and used on a larger ironing board.

We left our old ironing board cover underneath for that extra layer but to be honest I don't think that has made any difference and probably wasn't needed.

VTech Baby Bear Laptop (Blue)
VTech Baby Bear Laptop (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 20 Sep 2014
Our 8.5 mo baby is still at the "bashing everything" rather than "pushing buttons" stage although he is starting to learn cause and effect (even if he does press the wrong button most of the time)
Our son loves playing peekaboo (what baby doesn't?!) and he loves the fact that if you put the lid down, hiding the face (which by the way I think looks more like a dog than a bear but anyway) it cooes Peekaboo when you open it up again.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between the medium and loud volume settings and to be honest I would think it's too loud to use in a fairly quiet public place, but other than that, we love it.
The current price is £ 9.99 and we paid about 6.50 which was a great deal.

Busy B Baby B Thank You Notes - Boy Blue
Busy B Baby B Thank You Notes - Boy Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 20 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beautifully made, this pack contains two designs - one in a portrait card and one in a landscape card - the designs are VERY similar (one is a rabbit and one is a mouse) but I like their simplicity - a simple thank you on the front, and blank inside - so you could use this pretty much for anything, not just for baby although the design obviously lends itself more to baby gifts (eg a Thank You for a new baby gift, a Christening gift, or even a 1st birthday gift). The cards are the right size to enclose a 6x4 photo if you wish but there is no place (e.g. a slot or folder part) specifically for this purpose so its not essential
The envelopes are also good quality with a pale blue polka dot border.

I would absolutely recommend these - I know they are pricey but unless you need to buy 50-odd of them then I think they're worth it. Based on the quality of these cards I would absolutely buy other items from the same range (just search Busy B in Stationery on amazon)

Mark and Chappell Ltd Vet IQ Flea Guard, 90 Tablets
Mark and Chappell Ltd Vet IQ Flea Guard, 90 Tablets

3.0 out of 5 stars "For Best Results: it is essential to shampoo your pet first", 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"For Best Results: it is essential to shampoo your pet first" - suitable for a cat? Who are they kidding?!

Our cat doesn't suffer with fleas generally so it'll be hard to say whether this product is effective; for an average sized cat you will need half a tablet daily which you can grind up and sprinkle in its food - this isn't a problem as our cat hates taking any tablets or drops orally, but doesn't really mind if they are mixed up in his food (even though this has rather a strong smell).

According to the instructions it can take anywhere between 2 and 14 weeks to take effect (although I believe 14 weeks refers to badly infested animals) so you will need to take other precautions during this period. It doesn't say that this isn't compatible with other flea treatments so I can only assume it is. This apparently helps with the "doggy smell" (which our cat doesn't have) and can help with healthy skin and a glossy coat (can't see the cat's skin, and his coat looks good enough already) and is 100% natural.

Unsurprisingly, we didn't opt to give our cat a bath before starting this, although if you had a badly flea-infested dog then it would be a good idea (maybe with some anti-flea shampoo).

For a cat I think drops and / or flea collar are probably a better idea but dogs are much less objectionable about being given tablets.

LeapFrog Mobile Med Kit
LeapFrog Mobile Med Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Mobile Med Kit (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our baby was eyeing this up when he was taking his morning bottle - before I had even taken it out of its box so we pressed the button on the ambulance's roof to be greeted by Heads Shoulders Knees & Toes (with a verse I couldn't recognise as the lyrics aren't clearly sung all through), then we had some nee-naws. He was absolutely smitten! He's able to press the button on the roof (when he's not just trying to bash the toy) and just loves the noises. He's certainly not old enough to recognise colours etc or even instructions, so when the voice is asking for the purple whatsit it goes completely over his head, but I think this could be a really good learning aid - it's certainly rather cheery! The face on the ambulance reminds me of a retro telephone on wheels I had back in the early 80's :)
The ambulance is also shaped in such a way as to have a sort of carry handle instead of a roof which is a nice touch.
I think this'll be a lovely toy to help him learn, it's really nicely made and makes a change for the usual cars and trains.

Bright Starts Having a Ball Roaring Fun Lion
Bright Starts Having a Ball Roaring Fun Lion

5.0 out of 5 stars Rraahhhhhh!, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really great toy but is also a ride-on and a walker.

Our little boy is too small to use the ride on part and the walker properly, but he has just started standing (with props) and he was happily holding onto the handles. It's sort of shaped like a snow-mobile - baby stands (or sits) between the two yellow "skis".
You can also feed balls into the lion through its mouth and they pop out from his chest (a little weird?) and if you press its nose you get an almighty roar, and the balls spin around the lion's head - baby looked a little stunned at first but he soon got used to it, with lots of lovely smiles from him.

This is the first item we've got along the walker lines and as it can be used pre-toddling, and onwards, it's pretty good value for money. I would definitely go out and buy this myself.

Woolly and Tig Read along with Woolly 22cm Soft Toy
Woolly and Tig Read along with Woolly 22cm Soft Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual but I do rather like it, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all I have never heard of Woolly and Tig the TV programme, but it looks sweet enough and I was going to get some bedtime story books anyway for my little boy, so thought I would give this a whirl. I'm not entirely sure what I expected but I did think you would get more of the story out of the toy than just sound effects (you have to press the pad that corresponds with the symbol in the book)
That said, it's nice and cuddly (unless you put the book back in its pouch) and brightly coloured. My son is amused by the noises but then to be honest it doesn't take much to make him laugh! Its not washable and at almost £ 30 quite pricey hence 4 stars instead of 5.

It is a cute toy though and would make an unusual gift.

Bright Starts Peek-A-Zoo 60127 Baby Rocker
Bright Starts Peek-A-Zoo 60127 Baby Rocker

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but would prefer removeable toy loops, 13 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My baby is now too heavy for his beloved Fisher-Price Rainforest Friends Bouncer so I was happy to be able to try this.

Assembly - pretty straight forward, just need a Philips screwdriver. Seat cover was quite difficult to get on. You'll also need a C type battery but as we very rarely bothered with the vibrating function on the previous bouncer we probably won't bother.

Aesthetics - nice and colourful.

Comfort - seat is extremely well padded and looks super comfy.

Safety - comes with a 5 point harness which seems a bit of overkill - it's not possible for the rocker to tip backwards due to the shape of the rocker so I guess they're just being extra-safe.

Overall build:
- the seat is a lot higher from the ground than what we're used to (which is a good thing)
- our baby (8+ months old) is unable to get the rocker moving, I think he is a little frustrated as he is used to kicking one leg and the bouncer started bobbing away. I'm sure he'll get used to this though.
- the poles are quite chunky - nice and solid, well made.
- the dangling animals feel quite cheap plastic - the rings hanging from the monkey are hard plastic too so not great for the baby to chew on (on the plus side the animals are the perfect length for baby to chew on from his seated position, whereas with his Fisher Price bouncer he would pull the monkeys off in order to be able to chew on them)
- the bar from which the animals hang just seems to sit in its slot and our baby can pull it right out when he's being a bit rough

Overall - I do like it, although I do wish the bar had loops so you could chop and change your hanging toys. Time will tell if the baby can get the rocker rocking!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20