Profile for Sue > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer
Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good but instructions need amending, 1 Mar. 2015
Easy to set once you read the instructions, and the beeper is very loud! The instructions say you can set the timer for "19 minutes and 59 seconds" which I thought was a bit rubbish (who needs a timer for that short a time!), but then discovered that it actually works for up to 19 hours and 59 minutes (it doesn't count in seconds at all)

Amber Teething Necklace for Babies - Anti Inflammatory, Drooling and Teething Pain Reducing Natural Remedy - Made of Highest Quality Certified Baltic Amber - Polished Honey Tone Amber Beads - Perfect Baby Shower Gift - 100 Days 100% Satisfaction, Money-Back Guarantee!
Offered by Novelty Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for us, thank goodness!, 26 Feb. 2015
We've previously tried an amber bracelet (from another company) which we put on our baby's ankle and covered with a sock or sleepsuit as I was concerned with choking etc, as it was recommended to us to use amber products to help with teething pains. The bracelet seemed to make no difference whatsoever but our poor baby is having so much pain with his molars coming through now that when I was offered a teething necklace to try I thought, well I have nothing to lose, and so ordered it.
The beads are individually knotted so if the string does snap, your baby will not be able to pick up loose beads. The amber pieces are larger than that of the bracelet we had and are a more polished finish.
Does it work? Well I was convinced the bracelet would work but it didn't seem to make any difference, however our baby seems to have calmed right down since he's been wearing this necklace. Whether its the type of amber, or the fact that the beads are larger, or the fact that the necklace sits nearer the teeth than a bracelet/anklet does, I don't know, but I am so glad I ordered this and would absolutely recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 12:16 PM GMT

Igenix IG6751 Counter Top Freezer with Lock, 35 Litre, Stainless Steel
Igenix IG6751 Counter Top Freezer with Lock, 35 Litre, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars A Mini Tardis, 26 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When you first unpack this product, make sure all the packing is removed properly and looking at the back of the freezer cut off all the plastic ties carefully with scissors.

First impressions were excellent, great finish with stainless steel effect front. Door lockable with supplied key. Although stainless steel is notorious for showing fingerprints, I find that this product doesn't mark easily.

Once in place I allowed the fridge to settle for 2 hours as per the instruction book.. However when I came to plug it in, the cable was far too short even though only approximately 3 feet away from the power supply so we had to use an extension cable. Luckily we had one available but it would be very annoying for someone to have to go out and buy one. I waited 24 hours before putting food in.

I was absolutely amazed how much I could get in without being overcrowded.(there is a plastic wired shelf which effectively splits the freezer in half - this is removable) This is what is in there at the moment; 2.10 kg beef in a box,300 gm pack of scampi, 900ml tub of Carte d'Or icecream, 1ltr pack of soup, a pack of Birds Eye Arctic Roll, 2 boxes of Waitrose Truffle Desserts, 2 packs of buffalo burgers and two shoulders of lamb, just over a kilo each.

The door is very well designed with a plastic recess for your fingers for opening and closing, so easy. This can be changed over if you wish to operate from the left instead of the right.

In a nutshell, this product is very well made, I can fit an amazing amount of food into it, easy to clean, good design, good seal around the door and above all freezes the food quickly and well. You can use the maximum setting and the temperature will drop to minus 18 degrees. but it it not necessary as the normal mode is quite satisfactory. The freezer is not silent but the sound of the motor is not intrusive. It also looks good with a grey stainless steel front with a lighter grey plastic trim.

This product really deserves 5 stars but because the electric cable is far too short I have unfortunately deducted one star. Hopefully Igenix will rectify this in future models.

I do have a large freezer in my garage but I much prefer this one so easy to see everything without pulling out heavy drawers etc. Since having this counter top freezer I am coming round to thinking that when my large freezer packs up, I will not be replacing it as I far prefer this one which sits very conveniently on the worktop in my kitchen area. I seem to be much more organised with it and wish I had had one of these sooner. I love it so very highly recommended

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy

5.0 out of 5 stars So adorable, 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our son absolutely loves this and I think this will be the new take-with-us-everywhere toy - it's lovely and cuddly, sings songs (the I Love You one is a little cheesy though I must admit!) and is educational too.
It is a little bigger than I thought it would be but there are 7 areas to press to get different results. Our son is 13 months but our 27 month old niece loved it too when she came visiting.
Personally I think 6 months is too young to get much enjoyment out of this without Mummy or Daddy pressing the buttons but it would be safe for them to play (and chew).
Not machine washable so will have to be careful with him.

Wader Decorated Bucket/ Spade/ Rake/ Sand Moulds and a Watering Can
Wader Decorated Bucket/ Spade/ Rake/ Sand Moulds and a Watering Can
Offered by spiel-geschenke

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but they should state that colours may vary, 24 Feb. 2015
This is good quality and I got it at a very good price, however they should state that colours may vary as we received a pink watering can - we ordered this set as our son likes trains etc so I thought he'd like the moulds; so I was surprised to receive the set with a pink watering can. He won't care much either way but I do feel they should warn you of this fact.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Spacesaver Jumperoo
Fisher-Price Rainforest Spacesaver Jumperoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't last as long as the larger jumperoos but otherwise a winner, 22 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this version - it's got all the features but not so monstrous as the original(s). However, because there's a height limit of 81cm (and a weight limit of 12kg) I don't think this will last as long as the larger ones depending on how big your child is for his or her age. The seat height is slightly adjustable where it hangs from the back - when adjusted it looks like the seat is tilting until of course you put your child in.
Very easy to set up and much nicer to look at than the Step & Play jumperoo, and it folds for storage rather than needing to be completely dismantled. I would definitely save this for Child No. 2 (I would imagine by 81cm / 12kg your baby won't want to be confined to their jumperoo in any case!)

Microsoft Lumia 535 5 inch UK SIM-free (unlocked) Smartphone (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 1.2GHz, 1Gb RAM, 8Gb storage, Wi-Fi, BT, Camera, Windows 8.1) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some getting used to, 21 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm undecided whether I like this or love this - some aspects are great, big screen for the price, clear touch screen "buttons", good graphics, and clear calls. I'm not really into apps as such but the few I use are not all available on the Windows Operating System. I use a Windows PC and apart from an iPod nano don't use any Apple products. In terms of size and display this competes quite well with my husband's Samsung Galaxy S5 but in terms of features, it does not - and for the price quite frankly I wouldn't expect it to.
It's very intuitive to set up - the back is pretty easy to get off to install the battery, which came about 80% charged so the phone is pretty much ready to go. I'll stick with this for a while but I suspect I may go back to my Android phone and leave this in reserve.

Fisher-Price Spray-n-Lights Whale Bath
Fisher-Price Spray-n-Lights Whale Bath
Offered by savvybuys2

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems so far, 21 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our son loves his baths and currently has ducks and boats to play with. He likes to put his hand through running water to try and "catch" it!

You cannot use the whale without batteries (3 x AA) as it is the weight of the batteries that keeps it immersed in water. The battery compartment cover was a bit stiff to undo but I am hoping that it means that it will be water-tight, or near on water-tight.

There is a plastic thing on the whale blow hole which I think is meant to look like water spurting out, this is your on/off switch and the ball sits on top - when immersed in water, the water comes though the top and in theory the ball (which has a spinning fish inside it) would rest on the water, although in reality it doesn't stay there for long! My son is fascinated by this (its certainly the biggest bath toy he has had - and it definitely wouldn't fit in a baby bath!) and loves trying to grab the ball (admittedly so he can try and eat it!)

I note that some people have had issued with corroded batteries; I am going to keep the whale in the airing cupboard between bathtimes to hopefully dry it out if there is any lingering dampness, and will of course revisit this review if the product stops working.

Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Play Gym
Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Play Gym
Offered by GSM-Fonz - (New Year Sale! Up to 90% price Drop)

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite winner in this house!, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do really like Fisher Price products, they are all so bright and cheery with cute characters!
This is designed to be used by your child right through from newborn to when they are able to stand. It's very easy to assemble and needs 3 x AAA batteries.
Newborn - the mat attaches to the base of the arch and you can hang toys from the arch. The mat is a good size although quite thin so you might want to put something underneath it if using on solid flooring
6 months ish - the play gym can also be used in a sitting position, you just attach the mat further up the leg and it supports the baby slightly.
Toddler - we are using it without the mat; you can put the balls on the top of the arch and they will roll down and trigger the sounds and music. There's a removable stopper at the bottom if you don't want the balls to go rolling off anywhere (we're trying to encourage our son to walk so we take this off) - and you can even use other balls so long as they're not too big (our son has been experimenting with the cat's ping pong balls!)
The only suggested improvement I could make would be maybe putting wheels under each foot of the arch - our son has been pushing it around like a walker today! He is definitely taken by it - I had it in his room before assembling it and he kept pointing at the box :)

Junior Joy Cot Cotton Pillow Case (Pack of 2, White)
Junior Joy Cot Cotton Pillow Case (Pack of 2, White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Big but good quality, 15 Feb. 2015
A bit big for a toddler pillow (about 5 cm gap all around) however, it washes well and due to it being a sort of t-shirt cotton, needs little or no ironing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20