Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 568

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes, 56 Wipes (Pack of 10, Total 560 Wipes)
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes, 56 Wipes (Pack of 10, Total 560 Wipes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Harsh for the bottom, good for hands and face, 3 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We use Huggies predominantly for hands and face now - I found these were perfect on the bottom when our (now toddler) baby was aged about 6 months to a year - when the nappies were, shall we say, soft as opposed to messy.

Now I tend to use Pampers for the bottom as those are thick (but not too thick as to stick together ), whereas Huggies I find are a bit harsh on the bottom. These are also awkward to pull out of the packet as a single wipe as they tend to stick together.

These are however good value and we will continue to use them to face and hand messes.

Huggies Soft Skin Baby Wipes, 56 Wipes (Pack of 10, Total 560 Wipes)
Huggies Soft Skin Baby Wipes, 56 Wipes (Pack of 10, Total 560 Wipes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Harsh for the bottom, good for hands and face, 3 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

YOPO 32" Wigs Long Curly Wavy Wig Cosplay Costume Parties Wig(Wine Red)
YOPO 32" Wigs Long Curly Wavy Wig Cosplay Costume Parties Wig(Wine Red)
Offered by Youth-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for money, not even just for "fancy dress"!, 2 Feb. 2016
This wig is a gorgeous colour (wine red aka auburn), really long and wavy too - in fact I would have to say if I could choose my hair, this would be it (I have poker straight fine brown hair)
Because of the style it's good at covering your own hairline - I was easily able to get the wig on without a wig cap although if a wig is something you're wanting to wear regularly, I'd suggest investing in one.
For the price I think it's incredibly good value, okay it doesn't look like real hair but then it doesn't have that horrible plastic sheen of fancy dress wigs!
I'm also now rather tempted to buy the http://www.amazon.co.uk/YOPO-Women-Cosplay-Costume-Blonde/dp/B00KXVY7GY/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2ZS83O49LTF23 by the same sellers.
I received this wig in exchange for a review and unbiased opinion

[NEW VERSION] ZHPUAT 5.3" Digital Alarm Clock, Large HD Display, Snooze, Smart Soft Light, Progressive Alarm, Battery Operated, Simple Setting, Temperature Display, Easy for Travel (White)
Offered by ZhiPuAoTe Tec

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you hate the "glow" from normal alarm clocks, 2 Feb. 2016
When I ordered this I didn't actually realise it was categorised as a travel alarm clock - for travel it's a little on the big side to put in your luggage (especially if you're trying to get everything into a small case) although it isn't heavy. It's very easy to set the time and date, and the alarm is VERY loud - increasing from single beeps to multiple beeps.

What I really like about it is the fact that unless you hit the button on the top, it is completely dark during the night. I actually hate any kind of light near me whether it be the TV power light or the glow coming from the alarm clock.

I received the black version of this light in exchange for a review.

Amazdeal 2-in-1 Solar Powered Outdoor Wall Light LED Solar Spotlight Landscape Lighting Waterproof Landscaping Lights ... (style1)
Offered by SuperStore2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to angle if you want the light pointing in the opposite direction to the solar panel, 2 Feb. 2016
We don't have any access to power in our garden so I am continuously getting solar lights of varying descriptions to try and provide some light outside.
The lights were easy to assemble (you can have the light pointing in the opposite direction to the solar panel, both sides are easy to move) and on the first night out (having been on the windowsill charging) they gave off an impressive amount of light.

Of course, being January, they're not getting the sun they need to fully charge during the day and so we are getting 45 minutes of a dimmer glow (the lights have 3 settings - off, bright, and slightly dimmer which I presume uses less of the charge) before it fades.

They are good quality with a long ground spike for stability.

I received these lights to test and review.

Black Snood Full Waterproof Balaclava Hat Fleece Lining Holds Heat Hot Stuff
Black Snood Full Waterproof Balaclava Hat Fleece Lining Holds Heat Hot Stuff
Offered by A1A Avenue Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Photographers working outside, 24 Jan. 2016
As an amateur photographer who spends many hours on the beach taking photographs of windsurfers etc I have found wearing a hat and scarf isn't really enough in cold conditions This product keeps me warm easy to put on and take off and covers as much of my face as I want it too. I wish I had bought one sooner, great product at a great price very impressed

Teach Yourself Visually Office 2016 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Office 2016 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Elaine Marmel

4.0 out of 5 stars Great learning curve Enjoyable too, 22 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The book by Elain Marmel is divided into 23 chapters with an index. Each chapter is colour coded for easy access and gives step by step instructions which are easily understood. There is also a screen shot and the different steps are also numbered on the screen shot and you can’t go wrong. Unfortunately the screen shot is so small you almost need a magnifying glass to see the menus shown. This is a big minus point as it takes so much longer to learn the program as in my case I had to keep lifting the book to see the screenshot.

Not only does this book give good step by step instructions it also gives a lot of useful tips at the bottom of almost every other page. It not only covers Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, One Note but also includes Office basics, working with files and working with Office Files Online.

It is a brilliant book but I hope the screenshot shown can be improved in the next edition of Teach Yourself Visually as it is far too small. Even if the screenshot of the menu was enlarged with bold type that would make a huge difference. Nevertheless I have learnt a tremendous amount and although a learning curve it is actually very enjoyable to read, being well set out using a lot of colour to enhance the learning experience. I actually found the book hard to put down as I was learning new things all the time. Having never put together a PowerPoint presentation before it was great having followed the instructions to actually have produced one without too much difficulty.

At the current price of £19.98 from Amazon I feel it is extremely good value and I don’t think you can go far wrong in buying this book.

Early Rider Kid's Bonsai Balance Bike - Birch/Aluminium, Ages 2-3 Years
Early Rider Kid's Bonsai Balance Bike - Birch/Aluminium, Ages 2-3 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning enough to put on the mantelpiece!, 20 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In reality the wood of this bike is slightly darker than in the photo, nonethless it is honestly the most beautiful bike I've ever seen!
Our toddler has just turned 2 (albeit almost the same height as our 3 yo niece) and as per the instructions when seated can have both feet flat on the floor with a slight bend of the knee.
It was very easy to assemble - even with the toddler "helping" - it comes with different alan keys for the handlebar (one piece through a bracket) and the front wheel (the back wheel was already attached) and is just gorgeous from its chunky little tyres to it's lovely brown leather seat.

L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Cream - 30 ml, Medium
L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Cream - 30 ml, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars MAGIC, 18 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I first squeezed the tube I was unimpressed by the grey/white cream that came out. However as I smoothed the cream onto my face I couldn’t believe how as if by magic that same cream turned into a matte foundation, the colour being similar to what I normally choose i.e. mid/dark. (I tend to have a sallow complexion) You need very little cream and at about £8.00 a tube it is extremely good value bearing in mind that you do not need to use a moisturiser. The advertising material said it gives a dewy look but on my skin I have yet to see ‘dewy’. However this could well be the case if your skin isn’t dry like mine.
I will continue to use this cream as you can just get up, apply and go so if you are in a rush it is perfect. It gives good coverage, lasts all day and is not heavy to wear. This tube is ideal for taking on holiday rather than taking a whole array of pots and potions and it also gives uv protection which is a bonus. I would definitely buy it again as it is just so easy to apply and gives good results but I probably wouldn’t use it every day as I like something a bit more moisturising.

The Benross Christmas Workshop 60 cm 112 LED Acrylic Reindeer
The Benross Christmas Workshop 60 cm 112 LED Acrylic Reindeer

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely ice white acrylic reindeer, 14 Jan. 2016
We really wanted an ice white acrylic reindeer for outside our house so ordered this - it's really well made (very light though, it keeps falling over in the wind!) and with a thin power lead it was easy to run the power under the front door.
The bow is a loose piece of fabric (would prefer it to be attached in some way but I'll have a look at that myself) but it is a pretty reindeer and it gives off a decent glow. Our son took to patting him every time we went in or out of the house!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20