Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 604

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Foxnovo® FP10 10400mAh Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy Dual-Port Backup External Battery Chargers Power Bank Charger for iPhone 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Tab 2, Sony, HTC, Blackberry and Most USB Devices (Silver)
Offered by FoxnovoStore

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a similar size to an external hard drive and is in a nice clean silver coloured casing, 26 April 2015
I was sent this item to test and review.
This comes with 4 charge points - one of which also acts as the "in" charge point with the other end being a USB to attach to your computer or adaptor plug to "load" the power onto the powerbank.
It's a similar size to an external hard drive and is in a nice clean silver coloured casing. It came pretty much fully charged so after about 20 minutes plugged into my computer it was ready to go.
I plugged it into my phone, then switched it on (a small but very smart button) and instantly it was charging my phone.
It seems to charge at pretty much the same rate as when I charge it from the mains and there are blue lights which show you the battery on the powerbank going down (and conversely when you charge the powerbank, the lights go in the opposite direction).
It would be handy if this came with a mains adaptor plug so you didn't have to rely on a USB source, but the adaptors are pretty cheap to buy so not a major issue.
Would recommend.
It is heavy - so if you're trying to travel light (and have access to electricity!) a plug would be better, however to take with you where you might need to power something without having access to an electricity supply (e.g. festival) it's a fantastic idea.

Thomas & Friends My First Pop & Go Thomas
Thomas & Friends My First Pop & Go Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly average, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We very nearly bought this when it was on offer a few weeks ago, but plumped for the remote control Thomas instead. At the speed our toddler son walks the "popping" of the balls is very slow (I was expecting the balls to be bouncing around in a similar way to the lotto machine, but its disappointingly slow unless I speed around with it myself!)
It is easy to assemble (I stupidly undid the screws first when in actual fact you just need to push the yellow "arm" onto Thomas and then tighten the screws that are already in there) and doesn't require batteries, this toy just doesn't interest our son either with or without the arm.

Anika Vacuum Storage Bags, Pack of 5
Anika Vacuum Storage Bags, Pack of 5
Offered by buyabargainuk

5.0 out of 5 stars All 5 have stayed sealed, 17 April 2015
I dread to think how much I've wasted on vacuum storage bags from the local pound shop which do not stay vacuum packed despite my best efforts, however, these ones are fantastic! Being slightly skeptical I kept these out once sealed before putting them away as I was fully expecting at least one to increase in volume - but they're all fine!
The largest bag is not something that I would use very much and I'd prefer an extra smaller or medium bag instead, but it would be useful for storing duvets etc.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-549 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 4 Extra Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-549 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 4 Extra Attachments

4.0 out of 5 stars Better - but still hurts!, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got my first epilator quite a few years ago and was sucked in by its claims that it was almost pain free (due to having an attachment that you keep in the freezer, which was supposed to numb the skin) - it wasn't pain-free!
This one on the other hand is less painful as you can use it in the shower or bath - your pores open up in a warm bath meaning the hairs can be plucked out less painfully. The light on it is actually a really good idea as you can easily see the hairs (probably more useful to people with blonder hair)
My last epilator also came with a shaver head which was a bonus, sadly this one doesn't, although that one wasn't cordless which could be a nuisance.

Koochi Speedstar Stroller (Brooklyn PM)
Koochi Speedstar Stroller (Brooklyn PM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely pink!, 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There was a little debate at our house whether the coloured parts were pink or was more like a pinky red, well its definitely pink!
The only assembly you need to do is attach the wheels which was very quick, then you're basically ready to go. It's suitable from birth - which basically means you can lie your child flat (ideal for nap times even when they're a little older) although personally I'd use something a bit more enclosed for a newborn.
The wheels are solid but they don't rattle when going over cobbles or other bumpy terrain, and generally its a nice smooth ride which I fully expected any stroller under the £300 mark NOT to be! According to the leaflet you can order "spare parts" if you need to replace anything which is handy to know.
It's really quick and easy to put up (and to fold down) which is essential when you have a small wriggling child on one hip.

Tefal X-Large Actifry Express Health Fryer, 1.5 kg, White
Tefal X-Large Actifry Express Health Fryer, 1.5 kg, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted, a fantastic machine, 9 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having had a Tefal deep fat fryer for around 20 years and reluctant to part with it, it was with some trepidation that I tried this fryer.

First impressions were good, it looked space age, having a high gloss white finish and with a large bowl for the food.
There was a very small instruction book from which I was able to glean that to cook chips I had to make sure they were no longer than 9 cm which is about 3 inches. The key to success is to dry the potatoes very thoroughly.
It is very simple to use, just place the dried prepared potatoes into the machine with either half spoonful (spoon supplied) or a spoonful of oil, close it and press the digital timer for the length of time advised. A very good portion of chips for 2 people took 27 minutes and then switched off automatically sounding a beep as it did. The machine hums fairly loudly but I did not find it a problem.
I have tried two varieties of potato. Firstly King Edwards – a great success they came out perfectly and when you bit into them soft and fluffy. I then tried Maris Piper, cutting the pieces up fairly thinly. I did expect the latter to come out like the King Edwards but they were completely different, nice and crispy. Another winner.
What I liked most was the safety aspect. With the old fryer I had to keep checking if the chips were ready and shaking the basket which was dangerous in itself. Now I can just leave it until cooking finished. The best thing, no greasy chips, no smell and no mess in the kitchen and with the machine easily cleaned it stays pristine. I prefer to hand wash but it is actually dishwasher friendly . A very healthy way to cook food with virtually no oil used.
I can highly recommend this machine as it does what it promises, looks good and is well made. Should last for years. There are many recipes on the Tefal website and Amazon has books dedicated to Actifry Machines. I have just ordered a Kindle edition and am looking forward to using this model on a regular basis and trying out new healthy recipes.

Polti Vaporetto Pocket 2.0
Polti Vaporetto Pocket 2.0

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but this won't replace my steam mop, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Its fairly easy to put this together (just as well, because the "instructions" were pretty useless! and hard to go wrong.
It works really well on tiles and carpet, but I just didn't feel I got the same results as I do on my laminate flooring with my Morphy Richards steam mop, despite there appearing to be much more steam being emitted from this device.
It holds 750ml of water and they provide you with a measuring jug and a tilted funnel as well as all the attachments.
Unlike other products it tells you TO use tap water (some others say distilled water, some say bottled water) which is much easier and of course cheaper to run.
The lead is a decent length and it even comes with a carry strap so you can take it around with you - it rather looks like something out of Ghostbusters!
So in all this is a good idea if you want one gadget that cleans multiple surfaces, unfortunately its not ideal for us as with a cat and a young child we have very dirty floors.

AVANTEK Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer for Baby Kid Child Adult Forehead Body Temperature and Household Object Surface Temperature Measurement
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as effective, 3 April 2015
I was offered this thermometer in exchange for an honest review. I have previously used a Philips Avent dummy (soother) thermometer for our son but as he's getting bigger its not as practical. I've also used an in-ear thermometer but occasionally the readings can be a little erratic which meant occasionally I was having to use 3 items to take his temperature. I was a little dubious as to the "no-contact" aspect of this thermometer and how accurate it would be, so as well as trying it out on the baby (it's almost like one of those self-service scanners from the supermarket!) I tried it myself, checking its readings with a normal under-tongue thermometer. I am actually impressed, the readings were near identical - the maximum difference I got (and I tried it a lot!) was 0.2 degrees - so I do feel reassured that its pretty accurate.
Its also great for when you have a wriggling child to contend with(or even a sleeping child!)

Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 13 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 13 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Richard Wentk

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually attractive and Easy to Understand, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This almost 400 page book takes you right from the beginning when you load Elements onto the computer, describing and showing the tools used.. You will learn layers, importing raw images, how to enhance and rate photos, create a photobook, restoring old photos, using the organiser and so much more.
Each chapter is colour coded with a page showing what is covered. Each page gives your instructions step by step with the use of coloured bullet points which are replicated in the diagram shown. The book shows you how to use quick mode, guided mode and expert mode.
This is a visually pleasing book which is very well set out using colour to highlight different areas of learning. It is a book that makes learning pleasurable by the use of colour and simple instructions which everyone can understand.
This is a great start to anyone starting to learn Photoshop Elements 13 and will give you a good grounding to go onto advanced work. Highly recommended.

Early Rider Spherovelo Red
Early Rider Spherovelo Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, although our baby is 14 months and nowhere near ready to lose the stabilisers!, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband was surprised at the relatively small size of the box after I had described it as a sort of "balance bike", but it absolutely is small but perfectly formed. It's gorgeous bright red and shiny, with a retro look to it.
On his first go my son would push with his legs but alternating his legs - and because he was in a sort of half sitting half standing position, he would end up sliding off the back as he wasn't sitting on the dip. However with my husband's help he soon got the hang of it and surprised us by actually being able to steer it (usually he will keep going until he hits something, and even then he often tries to keep going whether it be the cat or a piece of furniture in the way!).
He looks very serious when riding it although I think its more concentration than anything as he certainly isn't showing much keenness to get off.
There's a little pair of stabilisers underneath (very subtle and unobtrusive) which you can remove when your child gets their confidence up.
The instructions say suitable from 12 months whereas the amazon website suggests it might be suitable from 7 months - in my experience I'd say 7 months would be far too young and / or small for the average baby to use this as there is no safety harness or any way of keeping the baby from sliding off.
The back is quite low so its not very easy for Mum or Dad to push the child along (certainly not as easy as on a trike) but its so gorgeous and quirky, I can put up with a bit of bending!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20