Profile for Sue > Reviews

Swift Mount Full Motion Wall Mount for Upto 25 inch TV
Swift Mount Full Motion Wall Mount for Upto 25 inch TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for positioning the TV, 13 Nov. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have installed this in our kitchen where the TV was on a worktop as the free walls weren't the right angle to mount a TV on. With this mount you can swivel in 2 different places which really works for us. We have used a reasonably light 19" TV, I'm not sure I'd feel confident using anything bigger or heavier purely because it is only attached to the wall at 2 places rather than 4 which is the norm (albeit for non-positionable mounts) - the reason I have not given this 5 stars.

Would recommend that when not using the TV you do push it back to the wall to keep the weight as close to the wall as possible.

Hangerworld Large Ivory & Gold Stripe Wedding Dress Bridal Gown Storage & Travel Box- pH Neutral
Offered by Hangerworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent size, 8 Nov. 2012
I wasn't sure what size box to order, in the end I plumped for this one as my dress has a chapel length train, it fitted perfectly, not too squashed (would be room for a bulkier dress I am sure) and the box even fits on top of my wardrobe as it's not too deep or too high. You may find you need a few more sheets of acid free tissue paper but it depends how protected you want your dress to be.

We Sing 80's (Nintendo Wii)
We Sing 80's (Nintendo Wii)
Offered by GamersCorner

5.0 out of 5 stars If you remember the 80's you will love this!, 8 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Some fantastic songs, unlike some dics where you will only get certain artists songs and even then just a few you know with loads you don't. I am actually wondering if these ALL were 80's songs as I remember all of them (2 I needed to find on youtube as the names didn't mean anything to me) and I was only 10 in 1989.

Here's the songs on the game:

Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love
Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
The Human League - Don't You Want Me
Sade - Smooth Operator
Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
Cameo - Word Up!
Queen - I Want to Break Free
Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
Duran Duran - Rio
Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
Blondie - The Tide Is High
Sabrina - Boys (Summertime Love)
Culture Club - Do You Really Want to Hurt Me
The Bangels - Eternal Flame
T'Pau - China in Your Hand

Philips AVENT SCF281/90 Bottlefeeding Set
Philips AVENT SCF281/90 Bottlefeeding Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bargain, but handy to order it all in one go, 2 Nov. 2012
Includes:
microwaveable steam sterilizer
4 bottles (you will need more!)
milk powder dispenser
dummy
dummy with digital thermometer (what a fab idea!)
10 x 180ml storage cups with lids

This doesn't come in a branded box but contains smaller branded boxes. AVENT are well known for their quality products, but I feel that you could save a few pounds by buying the items you want separately.

Diva Professional Styling Ultima 5000 Black Rubberised Hairdryer with Wand
Diva Professional Styling Ultima 5000 Black Rubberised Hairdryer with Wand

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab hairdryer, if a little heavy, just not convinced about the price, 2 Nov. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was suprised to feel the weight of this hairdryer, I assumed that for the price you'd be getting something more lightweight but this is heavier than my (oldish) Philips Tresemme hairdryer. it's about the same size at the handle end, and narrower at the other end, with a nice smooth rubbery texture.

Thw switches are well located but are not easily operated - I can't do it one handed like I can with my old hairdryer (although they may loosen up in time)

There are 3 attachments - 2 different sized nozzles and a vented wand - this clicks into place rather than being screw on and I did feel as if I might break it, I had to force it on so hard.

The effects are good, but not noticeably better than my old hairdryer (though I don't have the blow-drying skills of my hairdresser!), and definitely not worth the price unless you have to blow dry your hair every day - I did notice my hair dries a lot quicker with this but as I don't blow-dry my hair every day, it's not going to save me valuable minutes every week.

T-Shirt Markers Art Kit
T-Shirt Markers Art Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Be warned - mistakes are permanent!, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: T-Shirt Markers Art Kit (Toy)
I had stretched the item I wanted to draw on over a large hardback book and secured, however the pen dragged the fabric and bled a little so I did not have nice clean lines. On the basis that you had to leave it to dry or iron it to make the colour permanent, I immediately put it in the wash with a little vanish liquid for good measure. Well, most of the colour came out but it is still clearly visible. I won't bother trying again, except for drawing something else to cover the splodge that is left on my first attempt. Disappointed!

Disney Princess Wrist Watch Projects 10 beautiful images of princesses
Disney Princess Wrist Watch Projects 10 beautiful images of princesses

4.0 out of 5 stars You would not wear this as a watch!, 22 Oct. 2012
I bought this as a gift for a 5 year old who is into all things Disney Princess. When I took it out of the wrapper I was shocked at the size - another reviewer said it was "a little bulky" - that's the understatement of the year! the watch face is 5.5cm (over 2") wide and the strap is 2.5 cm wide. It's actually bigger than my husband's diver's watch!
On the other hand though, and I guess this is the reason for it being so bulky, the images that are projected from the watch are FANTASTIC quality (decent size, and in colour too!) so whilst I am certain the recipient will not actually wear this as a watch, she will no doubt have lots of fun with the projections.
Would have lost 2 stars because of the size if it wasn't for the amazing projections!

Disney Princess Sing Along Book (Disney Singalong)
Disney Princess Sing Along Book (Disney Singalong)
by Disney
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars a little bit of Disney magic, 22 Oct. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I did wonder what Disney songs there could possibly be, OK so it's a long time since I watched any disney films but was suprised that I knew quite a few - although admittedly at least 3 of them were from The Little Mermaid!
The book gives you the lyrics too, so maybe helps with your child's reading to a certain extent.
Personally I thought for £5, considering it is official Disney, it wasn't too badly priced. And of course you can always play the CD without using the book once you have learnt the lyrics (and before you get tired of hearing the same songs!)

I would definitely buy another of these.

Galt Toys Playnest and Gym (Farm)
Galt Toys Playnest and Gym (Farm)

3.0 out of 5 stars You may need to get new poles, 18 Oct. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely product - very colourful and a lot to interest your baby. It's not small so if you have a small home you may need to keep re-assembling - the poles worked fine on ours as did the inflatable base - however the poles were a little fiddly and I think if I needed to dis-assemble and reassemble it may break.
However as per one of the other reviewers I would contact the makers first before returning the product - I expect the new improved poles would make all the difference, and it's such a lovely product otherwise it would be a shame to part with it.
5 stars for the product, with one star deducted for the dodgy poles
***
Update 28/02/2013 - emailed them as per their comment, and am still waiting for the new poles. another star lost!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2013 8:41 PM GMT

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Flo (Pink)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Flo (Pink)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, but a bit on the small side, 13 Oct. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is perfect for your little one's swimming gear - the bag doesn't get soggy, has enough room for a towel / costume / goggles and a separate compartment e.g. for change for the locker.

It's good quality but lightweight, and nice to look at.

If your child needs space for shoes and clothes however, you will find that this backpack is not big enough.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-28