Profile for Sue > Reviews

Hallmark Forever Friends Christmas Card To Friends 'Festive Wishes' - Medium
Hallmark Forever Friends Christmas Card To Friends 'Festive Wishes' - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly misleading description, 24 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This states that it is a card "To Friends" (plural) however what it actually states is "Festive Wishes for my friend"
The sentiment is still lovely and it is a decent size card and of course it has the Forever Friends bears on the front.

Philips GC9550/02 PerfectCare Silence Steam Generator Iron with OptimalTemp - 360 g Silent Steam Boost, 1.5 L, 2400 W, Champagne

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and works brilliantly - and the cat isn't scared of it! Result!, 24 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This iron has an auto fabric sensor which is fantastic. What it also has is a removable water tank, and a clip to hold the iron to the generator unit for storage (or in our case, when a certain toddler is charging around)

The Quick Start instructions are perfect and it is very easy to descale.

This iron has the definite advantage that it is quite a bit quieter than our previous iron which always sent the cat scarpering and meant that I had to crank up the TV volume to be able to hear it. I also think it has a very stylish look to it, no more big clunky black / navy irons!

Monopoly and Cluedo Compendium Board Game
Monopoly and Cluedo Compendium Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and elegant, 18 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I was looking at this the first thought that popped into my head was "classy" which seems to be a popular opinion of this! Like most people I have played Monopoly (though not for many years) although I have only played Cluedo a couple of times when visiting family friends (about 25 years ago!) These are the main components however this also contains dominoes, playing cards, draughts, chess, and Cribbage. All in one very smart and well-made box!
This is the sort of thing I couldn't have really justified buying for myself due to the price (pushing 100 as I write) but I am so pleased with it and hope it gets plenty of use in our household for years to come.

Simple Gift of Goodness Set
Simple Gift of Goodness Set
Offered by Shiverwind Emporium

4.0 out of 5 stars Good products, 15 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice set, nothing exciting but it does work for me. It contains the following:
Light moisturiser 125 ml - I use this the most and have it on subscribe and save. My husband has ditched his expensive
man moisturiser for this!
Cleansing lotion 200ml. I find this a little on the thick side (cotton wool pads /
pleats work best as opposed to cotton wool balls) but it is a good cleanser.
Toner 200ml this leaves my skin feeling nice and fresh.
Washbag - basic so not worth buying the set if you can get the items cheaper separately, although as a gift set it is nice.

Winnie The Pooh 4-in-1 Bathtime Pooh
Winnie The Pooh 4-in-1 Bathtime Pooh
Offered by Very Bazaar Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly weird..., 11 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our toddler loves bathtime and especially the toys that come with it! This is basically 4 sections - the ring (which has a sieve like design allowing water to flow through a bit like a shower head), Pooh's lower half (a sort of cup, no holes, Pooh's upper half (basically just his t-shirt - it has a few small hols and the "sleeves" act like pouring spouts) and his torso/head - one hole to take in and squeeze out water.
It does float which I was surprised about given that it's not light, however due to the design if there is more than the slightest movement in the bath it does tip over- the sides of the "ring" could do with being a bit wider.
The torso/head is quite thick plastic and is too hard for our toddler to squeeze in order to get the water out although he does enjoy the other functions of Pooh. To put Pooh together you need to be almost precise and it is too difficult for a toddler to manage - quite often Pooh's torso/head is just laying in the "rubber ring" as our son cannot put the rest of him together, which does look slightly weird!
He likes it though and that's the main thing.

Vax U85-AS-Be Air Stretch Base Upright Vacuum, 1.5 Litre, 950 W, Silver/Orange
Vax U85-AS-Be Air Stretch Base Upright Vacuum, 1.5 Litre, 950 W, Silver/Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 8 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have less carpet in our house nowadays and I wanted to try something a bit lighter. This fits the bill exactly! It required next to no assembly (remove from box, push handle in, attach the on-board tools) although it didn't say in the set up instructions where to put the extra bit of hose (although it was easy to work out).
It's very slim, and very light, however this means the cylinder is pretty small - therefore not ideal if you have lots of carpets to vacuum! The cord is very long and the hose has a short extension (about 40cm) which stretches quite far. The fact that the height of the handle can be adjusted is a bonus although with a vacuum you would probably just adapt what angle you're holding the handle at depending on your height as no-one vacuums with the handle upright.
Good suction (not the best I've ever seen but for size I am happy to compromise on that) although at over 200 it is a bit on the pricey side for this brand which is why I haven't given it 5 stars. 4.5 stars.

Avery HNI01 Create Your Own Washable Non-Iron Clothing Name Labels - White, Pack of 30

4.0 out of 5 stars Permanent marker not included, 7 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These labels are in various shapes and sizes, I must admit that I did not read the instructions at first (apparently you're meant to apply pressure to the label for a minute?) although that doesn't seem to have made any difference. Some of the labels (e.g. the oval one) are on the small side (especially considering my only permanent pen is quite thick). The labels have a slight plasticky feel to them (somewhere in between normal paper sticky labels and those window cling stickers) and do not feel scratchy on the inside of clothing. I believe you can arrange them anywhere on the garment however I have stuck them to the care label - as that's the first place I would look if I came across an item of clothing that didn't belong in our household.
I do like these and I would buy them again (they're already faring better than the pre-printed labels I got from a UK manufacturer) but I have deducted one star due to the fact that a permanent marker is not included with the labels.

Disney Baby - Baby Mickey First Tablet
Disney Baby - Baby Mickey First Tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars Bilingual English and French, 4 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite the information stating that this is Bilingual English and Spanish - it's actually English and French.
This is a lovely toy aimed at 6-36 months however I do feel a 36 month old would find it a bit babyish; having said that you could switch to the French option if you would like your child to have a head start on French!
This is a cute "tablet" with baby versions of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Pluto (no Goofy though, I guess he doesn't look that cute as a baby!)
It's not slimline so if you have a toddler drawn to your iPad they probably won't be fobbed off with this!

Snug Baby Bib 3 colour Multipack - Waterproof Silicone - FDA Approved (Boys)
Snug Baby Bib 3 colour Multipack - Waterproof Silicone - FDA Approved (Boys)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 3 Oct. 2015
This set of bibs has proved very handy; we've previously tried the Griptight (good but too short for a toddler) and the Tommee Tippee (good but too loose around the neck) and this one is a decent enough length, still rollable, and the "beads" on the strap allow you to put it as tight or as loose as you want.

There is one tiny flaw - the bit to which the "beads" attaches can sometimes come out with the beads; it is purely a case of fit it back through its hole again but it is a little annoying which is why I have deducted one star. Other than that, it's pretty good!

Disney Baby - Baby Mickey's First Book of Animals
Disney Baby - Baby Mickey's First Book of Animals

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and not too "Disney", 2 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is lovely but with just 4 sides (and 2 animals on 3 of those -and no cows or hens) there isn't a lot to it. Because of this I'd say its probably not going to be suitable for the top end of the age range (36 months) however for a younger child it is lovely and not over disneyfied -e.g yellow ducks rather than Donald Duck and a dog (puppy) that's not Pluto. Lovely

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30