Profile for Sue > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Baby by Fiesta Crafts Sheep Squeakaboo Plush Toy
Baby by Fiesta Crafts Sheep Squeakaboo Plush Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, 8 May 2014
Our baby showed interest in something very similar when having a studio photo session, so we ordered this (I have a bit of an affection for sheep so couldn't resist this particular design!)
It squeaks and also rattles; the "neck" is just the right circumference for our little man to get his chubby hands around, and because it is soft, he can squeeze it too - though not yet hard enough to make it squeak. I love this, the only improvement would be if the different Squeakaboo toys made different noises (i.e. a "baa" in this case!) but our baby is too young to understand what a sheep is or what sound it makes anyway!
One word of warning though - our cat took a fancy to this on day one and I'd imagine the temptation for a dog could be too much!

Ambi Toys  One Man Band
Ambi Toys One Man Band

4.0 out of 5 stars Very retro, 8 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The box for this says it is suitable from 12 months upwards but I think this will be suitable for babies from about 8 or 9 months.

The one man band is nice and brightly coloured, with a few different aspects to help your baby make lots of noise. The centre (tummy) is a drum, the head turns with a sound that made me think it was wind-up (to turn itself back again) - but I was wrong; the hat is a metal bell (although not very noisy, thankfully!). If the one man band is stood upright then you can move the body from side to side (or, of course, move the legs). The one man band is holding a double-ended blower (different noises from each end) and on the other side something to beat the drum with. The blower can be loud (if Mummy or Daddy are playing with it!) but bearable with a little peep from baby!

These two accessories are attached by a short string (so can't get lost) but are a little difficult for a young child to remove from their holders.

Silverline MT05 Hi-Vis Contour Tape
Silverline MT05 Hi-Vis Contour Tape

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality tape measure, 29 April 2014
Received a bright green one instead of orange, not that I mind! Good quality, nice and robust looking with a rubbery texture outer. Tape measure stays sticking out straight unlike the one I got from the DIY shop which flops down when extended past about 2ft.

Sweetly Does It Large Round 30cm Cake Board
Sweetly Does It Large Round 30cm Cake Board
Offered by Top Value Prices

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality (version sold by amazon), 29 April 2014
Very happy with this cake board, we received one looking exactly like the image shown, nice and sturdy and for a good price.
I had selected amazon as the seller - not sure if those who received poor quality cake boards might have purchased from the default which was not amazon.

12 BLUE FEET Sugar Cake Decorations (Pipings){Cupcake Toppers}
12 BLUE FEET Sugar Cake Decorations (Pipings){Cupcake Toppers}
Offered by Ed's Party Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product but poorly packaged, 18 April 2014
If you don't need all of the decorations then you'll be fine, however ours had lost 3 "big toes" and had a few chips on the sides in transit - the box in the image was just sent inside a jiffy bag whereas a slightly larger box would have been much more efficient as the feet basically crushed each other in transit!
The colour on the image is pretty accurate - a lovely "baby blue".
Am not planning on eating these, they are just to decorate a white christening cake.

Incidentally, the packaging said "Give us positive feedback and receive a discount off your next order" - things like that make me sceptical of anything sold by this particular seller which might have positive reviews.

Fisher-Price Step-n-Play Jumperoo
Fisher-Price Step-n-Play Jumperoo

4.0 out of 5 stars Love original rainforest jumperoo; I like this - just not as much, 14 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely product, but as we have already tried the rainforest jumperoo its hard not to compare the two.

Both are gorgeous – although the rainforest jumperoo has a round base and this one has square “legs” which don’t look as nice. You will need to assemble this – although it is VERY easy and requires no tools whatsoever. It is height adjustable, and the walking bars are also adjustable if your baby is at the toddling stage. However don’t build this before you’ll be using it – I wasn’t actually able to disassemble it, for fear of breaking something!

Each corner of the seat contains a spring connected to a corner of the frame (a cover on the spring prevents little fingers being caught in the springs).
There are toys on board this jumperoo which the baby loves – some of these also light up and play music when he starts jumping!

You would think that being the newer version of the jumperoo, that this would be the improved version – but there are some differences which in my opinion make it a less attractive buy. For example, the rainforest jumperoo had overhead toys and seems to have more toys in front of the baby than this one.

Both jumperoos are very large – and when the “step” part of this one is extended it takes up even more space. As the step part doesn’t go very far (we’ve yet to test this part out) I’d imagine this to be a little frustrating for a little one who wants to be on the move – but then again Mums and Dads might be glad the steps are limited!

I’d like to give this 4.5 stars as opposed to 5 stars for the Rainforest Jumperoo – if you’re torn, I’d say go with the other one and save some £££s.

Milward 22.5 mm 3-Piece Wooden Buttons, Beige
Milward 22.5 mm 3-Piece Wooden Buttons, Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely buttons, description slightly misleading, 12 April 2014
These buttons were exactly what I was after but couldn't find locally; the description said "3 pieces, 5 Units per pack" which made me think perhaps this was 15 buttons (i.e. 5 cards of 3 buttons each)
Anyway it is just the three buttons (which is a shame - I actually needed 4 so will need to order another pack!) - I still have no idea what is meant by "5 Units per pack" though!

Fisher-Price Rainforest Friends Bouncer
Fisher-Price Rainforest Friends Bouncer

5.0 out of 5 stars Our baby is so happy!, 5 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since birth our baby has been in a BabyBjorn "baby sitter" baby bouncer, and has been very happy in this. He is now 3 months old and starting to become more aware of his surroundings and needing more stimulation, so although our Health Visitor said she thinks the BabyBjorn bouncers are the best, we thought we would give this one a whirl.
First - setting it up - there are a few different rods and a few different screws - you will need:
- screwdriver
- a x D cell battery (large round battery)
I did curse it slightly when setting up, but actually it didn't take too long. I'm just very impatient and like things ready to use straight from the box! There are two monkeys and you can hang them whichever way around you want. We think our baby is going to be left handed - we thought he preferred the blue monkey with the ball, but when we switched them over he started playing with the red monkey with the discs!

Once all set up we put our baby in, strapped him in (T bar, very easy to clip in) and added the entertainment bar. Well, I wasn't expecting much from him but he was just so happy I could have cried! He was smiling away, batting his hand at the monkeys, spinning the ball (as a result of batting at the monkey) and making it rattle. He sits there giggling to himself and I wish we'd got this one sooner!

The only negatives are:
- Need tools and battery (I really wish that products that require batteries actually came with them!!)
- The colour of the frame (sort of beigey cream) blends in with our flooring, the front of the "legs" protrude outside of the shape of the seat, and I have already tripped over it!
- Where the fabric of the seat meets where you insert the rods for the entertainment part, it's not very generous and sometimes I have to hold it out of the way to get the arms to click in as the fabric can get in the way of this

We don't leave the bouncer switched on (the unit at the front of the seat makes the bouncer vibrate) as he doesn't seem particularly fussed on this feature (he was in it before we went out and bought a battery for it and equally happy without it being switched on).

The bouncer isn't as "bouncy" as the BabyBjorn (he barely has to hiccup in that and it's bobbing away!) but the entertainment bar more than makes up for this.

One happy Mummy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 11:57 PM BST

Chicco Twist Armchair (Sea Green)
Chicco Twist Armchair (Sea Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!, 4 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you had your own chair as a child you will probably remember how grown up you felt!

This is an armchair but with a twist - you can set it up as an armchair, or flip out just the seat part and it's like a chaise longue, or flip out the seat and flip back the backrest and its almost a bed (NB not recommended to use as an actual bed, but just for naps).

The product information says not suitable under 12 months - in fact on the actual armchair it says not suitable for pre-walkers, so bear this in mind when ordering.

The back rest is not high enough to support a child fully. The chair is really nice and soft, and surprisingly spacious! (I could actually fit my derriere in it myself! Although of course it isn't intended for adults, or indeed children over about 6 years of age.)

It is VERY easy to fold and unfold, and supports itself in the way it folds and in the way your child will sit, so the back won't collapse when your child is sat in it.

The cover is "dirt resistant" but is also washable - you need to unzip it, but there are no zipper pulls attached to the zipper (diagram suggests using a paperclip - a safety pin worked for us) - I was not able to move the zipper at all without attaching anything.

The wrapper the chair comes in is like one of those PVC armchair covers people might have to protect their own furniture at home - the instructions do say to remove but it is handy to have for storage as the plastic is moulded to the chair's shape with a mesh lapse underneath, where the cover's zipper is.

All in all I am very impressed and would definitely consider buying one for a friend!

"First Steps" Luxury Soft Fleece Baby Blanket in Cute Elephant Design 75 x 100cm for Babies from Newborn With free BIB
Offered by 1stopbabystore

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 4 April 2014
Bought this locally for our baby, many people have remarked on it and asked where it was from. Very soft and washes easily. Folded in half, its the perfect size to tuck around him in his car seat (baby is 12 wks old).

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30