Profile for Zoe P > Reviews

Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser 75 ml
Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser 75 ml
Offered by Store Wars

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 5 July 2013
Unlike lots of other moisturisers, this didn't make me break out. It's light and non greasy, so works well under makeup. In contrast to some other anti-blemish moisturisers I've used, it doesn't sting at all when you put it on. I'd say it's good value.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 8:35 PM BST

Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer
Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 5 July 2013
I'm pleased with this hairdryer. I had another Remington previously, which worked well, but annoyingly the power cord got so twisted that I could barely use it. This one has a slightly different power cord so hopefully that won't happen again!

It has two fan power settings, and two heat settings. This means you can use a low heat setting to get your hair slightly dryer, then use the hotter setting to style it straight. It also has a cold setting to set a style, and a 'turbo' setting which I haven't used. It also has a diffuser attachment, which works very well for curly hair.

It's relatively large - not suitable for travelling, but basically a normal size for a home hairdryer. It's also lighter than my last dryer, so my arm gets less tired using it.

OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, 17 Jun. 2013
For ages I have used one of those cheap peelers with a sharp metal handle, that digs right into your hand when you try and use it. I thought I would splash out on a good grips peeler, despite the price.

It is absolutely worth it. It's much more comfortable to use, which makes a real difference when you're doing a lot of peeling, or peeling something tough like a thick skinned potato. The blades are sharp, and the swivel head means you don't end up slicing off half the vegetable when all you want to do is get rid of the peel. Great product.

Moleskine Passion Recipe Journal
Moleskine Passion Recipe Journal

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 17 Jun. 2013
When I was growing up, my mum had a faded old book of favourite and collected recipes, which I always envied. Well mum, I might not have your cooking skills, but my little book of recipes is much more awesome, so essentially, I win.

The little tabs to separate starters, desserts etc are useful, and I particularly like the blank tabs you can customise yourself. The paper and the cover are of very good quality, and the book as a whole looks great. It also has an index at the back, and little stickers you can use that say things like 'Favorite!' 'Delicious!' and 'Thumbs down' (although if you don;t like a dish, don't put it in the book).

It also has very useful compartments into which you can put newspaper clippings, takeaway menues etc. I'm very pleased with this, and will hopefully keep filling it up for the rest of my life.

Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA-137 Wine Pump & 3 Stoppers - Black
Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA-137 Wine Pump & 3 Stoppers - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps wine fresh, 17 Jun. 2013
I like wine, but don't want to have to drink the whole bottle all at once. I've found this keeps white wine fresh for about three days, which is great for me. The required pumping action is a little vulgar, and one should avoid performing it in polite company.

Joseph Joseph Adjustable Spaghetti Measure - White/Green
Joseph Joseph Adjustable Spaghetti Measure - White/Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Spaghetti heaven, 16 Jun. 2013
I always, always make too much spaghetti. I take out a handful, think, no way will this ever be enough, so double the amount and end up drowning in the stuff.

This has solved my spaghetti problems completely. It has a little indicator for 1, 2 etc people, and it's spot on (although I've had to force myself to obey it, as the portions still look too small for me prior to cooking). I'm convinced that in a couple of months it will have paid for itself by reducing my spaghetti costs.

It's also sturdy, and looks cute. I have been laughed at by several people who seem to think it's a non-essential, superfluous kitchen item, but they are absolutely mistaken, and will rue the day they mocked me when I make the perfectly sized pasta dish and they can only look on in wonderment.

For Life Stump Teapot Marine Blue 18oz
For Life Stump Teapot Marine Blue 18oz
Offered by PureGusto

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, 16 Jun. 2013
I was served tea in one of these in a little cafe, and instantly fell in love. I searched the internet for 'cute small teapot', and Amazon came to the rescue - this is exactly the brand I wanted.

It's very little, holding maybe two large mugs' worth of tea. It has a little removable strainer with a little handle, and a flip-up lid. It's a really strong, nice blue, it's very good quality and is dishwasher safe. In fact, I love it so much that I bought a turquoise one too, and have had to restrain myself from buying more in different colours. It would be perfect as a gift (hint hint), as no one could fail to love this stylish little teapot

Basil Women's Blossom Scrap Single Pannier Shopper Bike Bag - Turquoise, 20 lt (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and useful, 16 Jun. 2013
I had a simple black double pannier bag, which was fine but wasn't really suitable for carrying around with you. I put it on my bike, and two days later someone had stolen it. I decided that I needed one that could be easily carrier around so that that didn't happen again.

I bought this because the handles looked useful for that, and because it looked pretty. I wasn't disappointed. Its a really good quality bag, very comfortable to put over your shoulder if you want to carry it around, and fits very securely onto my bike - it clips on and off really easily too. It's a good size - I use it to carry my laptop, ringbinders and my coat. It's sturdy and thick, and I've used it in heavy rain without anything getting wet. I also really like the colour and the design (it looks even nicer than in the picture). Overall, I'm entirely satisfied with this bag and would highly recommend it.

Andrew James Electric Egg Boiler In Black, With Poacher and Steamer Attachments - 7 Egg Capacity & 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, reliable soft boiled eggs, 16 Jun. 2013
I had a toaster with an attachment that did boiled eggs, but it was actually quite annoying. You could set the toast and eggs to go at the same time, but the toast was always done way before the eggs, and just got cold. Also, the light for the egg part of it was very dim, and when they were ready, all that happened was the light would go off (there was no sound), so it was easy to not notice, and the eggs would get over cooked.

But, I did like being able to make soft boiled eggs without having to try and remember the timings, so I bought this. It works just as well, but has the big advantage that it has a massively bright 'on' light, and makes a loud noise when the eggs are done. It;s also very reliable - there is a little measuring cup for the water, that has amounts for 'soft', 'medium' and 'hard', which always seems to do exactly what you want. It's not very big either, so it doesn't take up too much room in my already over-stocked kitchen. Good value for money, and good eggs

Rapid Math Tricks and Tips: Thirty Days to Number Power (Mathematics)
Rapid Math Tricks and Tips: Thirty Days to Number Power (Mathematics)
by Edward H. Julius

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful to practice mental arithmetic, 16 Jun. 2013
I have no interest in learning 'rapid tricks', but I did have a bunch of job interviews, many of which required me to brush up on my mental arithmetic skills. This book was very useful in providing lots and lots of practice questions to get my mind working quickly again. Personally, I think to do mental arithmetic you just need practice, not a bunch of rules to remember - you'll find you get used to doing your own shortcuts very quickly. But, this book was great as a source of practice problems so I can recommend it on that front.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7