Profile for Tree > Reviews

Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian Cookbook
Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian Cookbook
by Madhur Jaffrey

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my bible, 5 July 2007
This is definitely one of my best buys. It was recommended by a vegetarian friend and I wasn't disappointed. I have owned it for a few years now and have nowhere near tried everything (I tend to stick to old favourites) but if I'm seeking inspiration, then this where I look. What I also love is Madhur's advice on the storage and preparation of ingredients, and it is interesting to read about their origins. So this is also a useful reference tool. If I could only keep one book out of my entire collection (fiction or non-fiction) - I have a lot, I think this would be the one! Every recipe I have tried has been successful and is extremely tasty; guests I have tried recipes on love them too. Tex Mex chili is my long-standing favourite :o)

What Was Lost
What Was Lost
by Catherine O'Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 27 Feb 2007
This review is from: What Was Lost (Paperback)
Right from the word go I was intrigued by this mysterious story and was held in suspense right until the very end. This is one of those books that you just can't get enough of. I couldn't put it down, yet I didn't want to read too quickly as I was enjoying it so much. I will definitely read it again, and recommend it to my friends. I can't wait for Catherine O'Flynns next one.