Profile for Andrew Dore > Reviews

Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
Offered by YES MY GADGET

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader, 27 Mar 2014
This is an excellent gadget. I am a complete amateur where cars are concerned, and, fed up with paying high garage costs whenever a warning light comes on, only to be told "It's probably just some fault with the sensor", I decided to invest in one of these. It was so cheap, and probably paid for itself the first time I used it. It diagnosed the fault, I was able to delete the error, thus switching the warning light off. Then I simply googled the resultant code, and there were a vast number of people online with suggestions for how to deal with the fault, its level of seriousness. I can now go to my favourite mechanic and tell HIM what's wrong! An excellent product, well worth the small price it costs.

8 Piece Santorini Garden and Patio Set - New 2014 Model, Now With 100% Aluminium Framework-6 x Multi Position Recliner Chairs-Table- And 2.2 Metre Tilt and Crank Parasol.
Offered by Plastoy Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll on Summer!, 10 Feb 2014
I am very pleased with the quality and price of this set. My only criticism would be that on the table we received, there was a bit of a problem with the legs slotting into the grips on the underside of the table: three legs would slot in neatly, but attempts to stretch the fourth one into its slot simply pulled one or two of the others out. I solved the problem by drilling a small hole into each plastic slot on the underside of the table (mind the glass!) and a corresponding one into the leg and shoving a self-tapping screw through it and its leg, while holding the leg tightly into its slot. This is a vast improvement, and gives you the confidence to manhandle the complete table around the garden without fear that the top will fall off. Mine may have been a one-off, since I don't think anyone else has mentioned the problem. Anyway, it was a small hassle to remedy it, compared to a huge hassle to return the item. The glass is toughened, and I like the colours of the table/ chairs and the mesh seats, The latter are a beige/khaki colour, and former are the sort of colour that, in army nomenclature, was termed "olive drab". Great if you want to camouflage your table, chairs and parasol amongst the shrubs! Seriously, though, this is a seriously good product for the price, and I thoroughly recommend it. I notice one reviewer moaned that the hole in the table for the parasol, with its plastic liner, did not withstand a strong breeze, and the plastic, and the glass was damaged. I wonder if they thought of buying a heavy base for their parasol to fit under the table, or were they, (rather optimistically in my opinion) relying on the table itself to support the parasol? Oh well, time will tell: it's just a shame that the set didn't arrive with some sunshine so that we could test the thing thoroughly. Oh well, roll on summer!

Hunter Fleece Welly Socks Navy S23658 Large
Hunter Fleece Welly Socks Navy S23658 Large
Offered by Fur Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars 'er indoors loves 'em!, 10 Feb 2014
I bought these for my wife, as her Campri wellies were chafing a little. She is over the moon with them, as they fit both the boots, and her legs/feet, perfectly - like a glove! She now tells everybody that she has Hunter Wellies, which of course is a lie which I feel bound by honesty to contradict immediately, and in front of her. Divorce is imminent.

Pure HQ OFC Shielded 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Cable Gold 2m
Pure HQ OFC Shielded 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Cable Gold 2m
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality - great value., 10 Feb 2014
This lead is absolutely excellent, and the price represents, I think, wonderful value. Continuity is great, with no fuzz or crackle when you swivel the connections. Definitely recommended, especially at this rather amazing price - how do they do it?

Sony MDR-E828LP Headphones (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony MDR-E828LP Headphones (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars The genuine article!, 10 Feb 2014
I ordered these earphones to replace some which I had previously bought very cheaply, and which purported to be made by Sony, and which clearly were cheap and nasty counterfeit products, These ones, on the other hand, are absolutely brilliant for the money. I am no expert, but these are among the very best that I have experienced. Sound is crisp and clear, with a good bass, and my listening pleasure has been much enhanced. I would have no hesitation in recommending these to anyone - they are the bee's knees, the cat's whiskers, and the dog's...thingummies. Buy some!

Kamor® Asus memo pad hd 7 Case - with Stylus pen, Automatic Sleep/Wake Function, Built-in 2-view angle stand for Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 17,8 cm Tablet (Model No: ME 173X, 7-Inch, 16GB,Black)
Offered by YoSpace.U

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, 10 Feb 2014
I must confess to feeling a little nervous about ordering this item, having read the reviews and noticing that a few buyers said that the holes in the cover didn't line up with the buttons and slots on their tablet. Having received my case, I can only assume that they have mistakenly ordered the wrong version for their particular model of tablet. This one was for my Asus Memo Pad and I have to say that I am absolutely over the moon with it. It fits like a glove, and - Yes! all the holes are in exactly the right places and are the perfect sizes. The stand works perfectly and the little stylus thing that comes with it is extremely useful. I feel a lot more confident about using the tablet, as it no longer feels slippery. In conclusion, I would advise people to make absolutely certain that they are ordering the correct case for their particular device - there are many different ones!

Philip s Navigator Britain (Mainland Atlas with route planner maps and local maps) (Mainland Atlases)
by Philip's
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars A great atlas - it has everything I need!, 12 Nov 2013
I first tried a Trucker's Atlas, just for the large scale, but realized too late that it didn't show picnic spots, NT and English Heritage properties, viewpoints, etc. This atlas, however, has the lot, and the scale is excellent for the details. This is a great book for the wife to have on her lap as we drive, so that the info can supplement the satnav. Like some other reviewers, I find the covers somewhat flimsy, but I think I have worked out a way to strengthen them, so no problems. I am very pleased with my purchase.