Profile for Halo > Reviews

Content by Halo

Halo (Scotland)

Monty Python T-shirt Dead Parrots Society (Medium)
Monty Python T-shirt Dead Parrots Society (Medium)
Offered by DickyTicker

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, 17 Aug 2014
Love the design of this t-shirt, but after being worn and washed twice the design on the front is hanging off in places and peeling all round. Really disappointed :( The t-shirt is ok quality in itself but I'd go a size bigger as it seems to be smaller than average.

Golden Tarot
Golden Tarot

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning cards, shame about the book, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: Golden Tarot (Cards)
I have been using these cards for a while now and they are absolutely one of my favourite decks. The cards themselves are stunning to look at, extremely good quality and are finished with gilt edging. The time and care taken to fuse the images in each card so flawlessly is incredible, and I am always amazed at how each element in the image contributes to the overall effect and meaning. If Renaissance style appeals to you there's no doubt you'll love these. The only reason I haven't given them 5 stars is due to the companion book. On the plus side, it does credit all the original artwork which was used in the creation of the cards but that's about the only positive. The book is very small and a little awkward to read. Also, the information given is pretty basic and lacks the detail and discussion inspired by the cards. This doesn't affect me too greatly as I am familiar with the meanings and themes of the cards, and bought them to add to a collection based purely on the cards themselves. However, with this in mind, I don't think I would recommend these as a deck for beginners to learn with unless in combination with a more detailed guide to reading the cards. For those who know what they are doing though, I can't recommend these enough.

The Tarot of Vampyres
The Tarot of Vampyres
by Ian Daniels
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising..., 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Tarot of Vampyres (Cards)
I have been using tarot cards for about 8 years now, and over the years I have become a bit of a collector of decks. Of the decks I have the Mythic Tarot has always been my favourite, closely followed by the Golden Tarot. I bought these (or I should say got someone to buy them for me, as the first thing I was told about tarot is not to buy your own cards) based on the images, which I thought looked beautiful, although I had been a bit skeptical about how good they would be to use. Luckily, I was more than pleasantly surprised when the set arrived. The cards are indeed something to look at, and are also as good quality as any of my other decks. The best bit though, is the companion book which is organised into easy to read sections to help both beginners and experts to fully explore the themes and background to each of the cards. The information is accessible and detailed (and follows the traditional card meanings). I love this deck and have been using it regularly. I would recommend it to anyone who either wants to learn, develop or (like me) add to a collection.

Mystic Dreamer Tarot (Book & Cards)
Mystic Dreamer Tarot (Book & Cards)
by Heidi Darras
Edition: Cards
Price: 20.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow..., 29 Dec 2008
I usually use the Mythic tarot deck but was looking to try out something a little different. The Mythic Dreamer deck is beautiful, the images are collaged to incorporate all the different aspects of each card, and every one is uniquely illustrated using graphic art. The book is also excellent, it gives a lot of detail about different spreads and interpretations and the descriptions for each card are easy to follow. There are also questions posed for each card to help you begin thinking about the images and your own intuition. The only reason I havn't given the deck 5 stars is that the images are photographic (something I'm not fond of anyway) and on a handful of the cards they are too realistic and don't quite blend in with the background. To be honest though, it's probably only noticeable if you are studying the cards or if your eyesight is excellent! I would recommend this for anyone who is just beginning to work with tarot, or to anyone like me, who is looking to explore a bit further.