Profile for mark7694 > Reviews

mark7694

Vans Ferris, Men's Low-Top Trainers, Black/White, 11 UK
Vans Ferris, Men's Low-Top Trainers, Black/White, 11 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, trendy and reasonable price, 9 April 2014
This was my first venture into the Vans shoe market. They're widely popular so I thought I'd try them out, and overall I'm quite satisfied with the pair of Vans I ordered. The shoes look exactly as they do in the image and the colour is neither faded or brighter in reality.

A personal benefit I have found of them is that they appeal to various people's different styles, so buying them won't box you into a specific style or subculture.

They're comfortable to wear, and I've found them to be trendy as well as the fact they seem to go well with virtually any type of trouser. I'm particularly happy with the strong base of the shoes.

Pricing-wise, I found the £25.65 cost pleasing.

A possible criticism for the product is I haven't found them to be totally heel-friendly after a long spell of walking.

Overall, however, this is a very good product that will struggle to disappoint you.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, but the sizing is flawed, 4 April 2014
I initially ordered the product in White and Black, but I had to alter that to White and Blue due to the last of the White and Black being damaged in some form. The delivery was within its estimate time.

The product looks as it does in the image, with the colours not being any duller or brighter than expected. The price is at a bargain rate, so there's complaints in that regard.

However, my main problem with the product is its sizing as I ordered a size Small, yet I found the fit to be much tighter than expected and the sleeve ends are at 4-5cm from my wrist. Therefore, I urge potential buyers to give greater scrutiny to sizing if they're interested in this product.

Despite this disappointment, I intend to purchase the product again in size Medium to solve this because I have really no qualms with the t-shirt other than the strange sizing.

Overall, it's a reasonable, trendy item at an exceptionally cheap price - just get a size higher than your usual size for clothes to avoid an irritating tight fit.

duck and cover Owen Men's Jacket Coal Small
duck and cover Owen Men's Jacket Coal Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Content, 25 Mar. 2014
Good fit for size Small and not a baggy product. The product's colour appears as it does in the image, and it is a relatively light weight.

The most poignant positive for myself was the price I got it for at £26.92 compared to the RRP at £90.00, so I was happy even before the product was delivered to be honest with that alone.

The delivery of the product, however, was later than expected at 2 days late.

A specific downside about the product is the non-existence of pockets like most coats or jackets. The patches I seen on the image turned out to be little than for style rather actual useable pockets.

Despite this, I am overall quite content with the product. I reiterate my positive opinion on its fitting, it's colour and the bargain price saving me over £50.

Selected Homme Men's Brady Concealed Fastening Contrast Placket Shirt, Black, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, I'm satisfied, 3 Mar. 2014
The product fits as expected, and is the size and colour I ordered, so no unpleasant surprises regards the product. The delivery, however, was 2 days later than stated. Despite that, I got the shirt I wanted and I am happy with it

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 24 Feb. 2014
It fits the phone perfectly. The card pouches have proven to be useful. Magnetic hold has been effective and hasn't worsened like some of the other reviews may have led you to be believe. When I have dropped the phone, the wallet casing has been effective in safeguarding the phone from any damage. Negatives regards this product would be when using the phone horizontally, the flip of the wallet is irritating when you are in the process of using it, particularly when typing. However, overall it has been a great purchase

Native Youth Nysh75 Men's Shirt Blue Small
Native Youth Nysh75 Men's Shirt Blue Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer, 24 Feb. 2014
I wanted a slim fitted shirt that had a buttoned down collar in the colour shown in the image of the product. That is what I got delivered and as a result, I am a content and satisfied customer

Philosophy: The Basics
Philosophy: The Basics
by Nigel Warburton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Philosophy: The Basics (Paperback)
I loved this book, so well organised with the various arguments and debates within various philosophical schools clearly displayed, and an excellent application of the arguments to easily understood situations. Anyone who wants a book that eases them into the study of philosophy, get this.

Political Ideologies: An Introduction
Political Ideologies: An Introduction
by Andrew Heywood

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-get for someone interested in political ideology, 3 Nov. 2013
Excellent organisation, great explanation and descriptions. Strips the various ideologies down, helps you understand the roots of their origins and how many of them overlap. As someone who already considered themselves well-read in the subject, I've found this book a tremendous benefit to my understanding of political ideology. It thoroughly deserves its 5 star product rating.

The Balkans (UNIVERSAL HISTORY)
The Balkans (UNIVERSAL HISTORY)
by Mark Mazower

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for those looking to understand the complex history of the Balkans, 3 Nov. 2013
Mazower's ''The Balkans'' proved to one packed to the brim in Balkan history, and he has shown through this book that he is definitely an expert in this field of study.

The variety of quotes from significant people who studied or played their part in Balkan history was evidence of extensive research which helped me in understanding more clearly contemporary opinion of events at the time.

Including information right from Roman times I also found impressive, showing Balkan history doesn't begin and end with the conflict of the 1990's and giving more background to hundreds of years of history of the region.

My criticisms of the book would be personally I found the book a bit wordy at times, and possibly the book could've been condensed into smaller chapters rather than bundling many years in with each other.

Having said that, the positives very much outweigh the negatives, and I'd advise this book to someone looking to understand the complex history of the Balkans.