Profile for Mr. A. Pepper > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Pepper

Mr. A. Pepper "Pepper" (Cardiff, Wales)

Theme Hospital (PC CD-ROM)
Theme Hospital (PC CD-ROM)
Offered by replay-international

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Software, 18 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Would not work on Windows XP Netbook because I copied it to memory stick, it was installing fine then detected that I had no CD drive and the software accused me of being a pirate!

I contacted company who made the game but they would not help, and questioned how I had even got it onto a Netbook.

I'm sure I could find a way to botch the install by emulating a CD drive, but I shouldn't have to!

Great game but an appalling product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2011 11:29 AM BST

Official Wii Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included
Official Wii Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included
Offered by The Trade Inn

5.0 out of 5 stars Official Nintendo Wii Wheel, 15 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've experiemented with playing Mario Kart Wii, with and without the wheel, but I find the wheel does make things more fun! There's not much to it really, but the remote fits snugly in and there is a trigger on the reverse of the steering wheel which presses the B trigger when driving (drift and slide button).

You can play with just the remote, but I found my right thumb got more cramped, and the slide buttons were more uncomfortable to reach. The wheel gives you something to grip, and also keeps the remote more level.

I haven't tried it with the Game cube controller, or the Remote/Nunchuck set up, as I wanted to get used to the tilt sensor. It could well be that you'll achieve faster lap times by using the traditional controls....but I hope that isn't so. Nintendo need to be commended once again for being innovative and intuitive at the same time.

I only wish I could purchase another wheel, but they're sold out everywhere!!

In My Skin
In My Skin
by Kate Holden

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 23 Jan. 2007
This review is from: In My Skin (Paperback)
This is not typically my type of book at all, but for some reason I picked it off the shelf in my local supermarket - it's the type of book that finds you when you're not really looking for it.

Kate's story centres around her descent into addiction and the social and real life repercussions. Her entire world is altered by her dependence on heroin, something I have never been close to having any empathy with - until now.

Kate Holden is a beautiful, intellectual writer, whose prose is effortless to read.

She doesn't come from a deprived background, no-one forced her to drugs, it just happens. By a series of seemingly arbitary steps.

The most amazing aspect to her story is her honesty, her courage to accept that these were her choices. She doesn't blame family, friends, or even the boyfriend that reluctantly introduced her to her first 'taste'.

I only started this book yesterday, and I'm already addicted and anticipating my next 'hit' tonight. :)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty rubbish..., 20 Jan. 2007
I've had this camera a couple of years now. Whatever batteries I use (currently 2600ma rehcargeables!) the life of the camera is appalling - not enough to take pictures through xmas day.

The quality of the pictures are oj only if you can hold the camera and the subject perfectly still - this is no good for action shots or even taking snaps. I have to take about 10 pictures to get a good one. You could argue that maybe it's me, but others have tried and failed. I'm 22 and do not have the shakes that this camera suggests!

I would avoid, spend the extra cash and get a Fuji F30 or something in that range, it comes highly recommended by everyone.

Amazon stocks it for about £155.

One Plus One Is One
One Plus One Is One
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars It could be a grower...., 30 Jun. 2004
This review is from: One Plus One Is One (Audio CD)
One plus one has its moments of magic, and the more I listen to it the more I like it. However, if you are new to badly drawn boy do yourself a favour and purchase Hour of the Bewilderbeast first, it's his best album and showcases his bumbling musical style.
And if you should ever get the chance to see him play live, GO!

The Lord of the Rings Box set (hardcover)
The Lord of the Rings Box set (hardcover)
by Brian Sibley

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 23 July 2001
A book of this calibre is worth the investment of a hardcover trilogy... this is a book you will return to, and your children will read. Never lend it to anyone though, the thought of losing such a treasure would bring tears to your eyes. The adventure, the great adventure. Yes they're hobbits, but their emotions are human. These characters are tangible, and you really feel for their welfare.

A Night Without Armour: Poems
A Night Without Armour: Poems
by Jewel

5.0 out of 5 stars Purely innocence maintained in words, 27 May 2001
Her music is sincere, absloute and succinct. If I could tell the world just one thing - it would be to buy this book. Support someone who writes feelings instead of a snappy chorus to boost them into the charts. Jewel is deservedly recognised as a talent.

Tom Mcrae
Tom Mcrae

4.0 out of 5 stars Sorrow love for music., 27 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Tom Mcrae (Audio CD)
I bought this after watching Jools Holland, and yes there are brilliant songs on here. My fav is 2nd law. Not everyone will like this - it is most definitely a required taste. It's one of those Cds you will come back to in the future. But I warn you don't listen to it if you are depressed....