Profile for Mr. R. Jariwala > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Jariwala

Mr. R. Jariwala "rajking" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fosmon HYBO-SK Series Hybrid PC + TPU Case with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - Black
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit! Versatile and the stand very useful! Go for it ., 6 Dec 2013
Hi Guys
The case is very well made. It fits snuggly around the phone. The flap for the stand is sturdy. When closed, it locks in with the rest of the case with a click.The flap also rests at a good angle for watching the screen or playing games ( Asphalt 8! Wow! ).The rim around the case is thick which prevents screen touching the surface when you place it screen side down. Even with the flap / stand mechanism, the case is slim and does not bulk up.
Some of my family members were not too keen on the black and white design however I like it.
Another point to mention is that the phone does not sit flat on a hard surface because of the Flap / stand. But honestly for the price and the very useful stand, I can not complain.
I am glad that I chose this case.
And again for the price, you just cant go wrong.
Hope you find this review useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice basic cover with good protection, 28 Dec 2012
This case is good value for money.
The phone fits snugly in the bottom casing which seems to be made of strong plastic. The screen cover is made of soft velvety material on the inside which keeps the screen safe from scratching.
The outer material is plasticky and I would have preferred it without pattern.
I had to adjust the lip at the top of the screen cover by pulling it outwards to fit the phone.
The best thing about the case is that its very slim and does not bulk up the phone.
There are many cases out there which might be better but you can not beat this one for under 6.
Hope you find this review useful

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Ceramic White
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Ceramic White
Offered by PLANET CELL UK
Price: 499.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Big is Beautiful !!! Worried about its size? Read on...., 28 Dec 2012
My mobile phone background. Nokia e71, iPhone 3gs, Galaxy S2 and now the Ultimate Note 2.
Wow ! What can I say that has not already been said apart from size.
This phone is Amazing. I love it.
My only major concern before buying this phone was its size and the day to day living with apparently HUGE phone. I must mention here that although it has a huge 5.5" screen ( which is absolutely gorgeous ), its very slim and slides into your pocket without any problem. It does not dig in to your stomach when getting in and out of the car either.
I have had it for a month and put it in a lot of different types of trousers and jeans. In a formal trousers, the phone hardly sticks out of my pocket. In a pair of tight jeans,I must admit that it does stick out but is surely manageable .
Another concern was holding a huge phone against my ears . Initially I could not get used to it and started using my bluetooth headset. Now it does not bother me as the phone has SO MUCH more to offer compared to many smaller screened phones.
A friend of mine got an iPhone 5 on launch , a month before me, and was laughing his head off at my choice of huge phone( Note 2 ). When we got together for Xmas,he actually checked out my Note 2 and secretly fell in love with it. Guess who had the last Laugh?.
These days one does a lot more with their mobile phone then just making phone calls. Hence the large screen is a major advantage for just about doing anything including Gaming, emailing , surfing etc.
Just check out one of many extensive reviews on youtube to find out exactly what this beauty can do.
This phone will easily see me through a 24 month contract.
You will not be disappointed.
Highly Recommended.
Hope you find this review useful !!!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2014 12:32 PM GMT

Origami Design Secrets: Mathematical Methods for an Ancient Art, Second Edition
Origami Design Secrets: Mathematical Methods for an Ancient Art, Second Edition
by Robert J. Lang
Price: 38.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for an Origami enthusiast !!!, 23 Dec 2011
I believe this book is the mother of all Origami books.
If you ever wondered how complex origami models are designed then this is the book for you.
The author , Robert Lang explains the complex design process with mathematical calculations thoroughly.
The Chapters start with basics of origami folds, bases, and progress to explaining concepts like pattern grafting, tiling etc before getting into very complex models.
I would not recommended this book for beginners as most of the models are complex and the going gets really tough.
If you are already making a few complex models then this will help you take your skill to the next level.
I received this as my 40th Birthday Gift and I love it. It will give me hours and hours of Origami fun and detailed knowledge on the subject.
Its a must for an origami enthusiast!!!
Hope you find the review useful.

August DTA180 Freeview TV Aerial - Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital Antenna for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio - With Magnetic Base
Offered by Daffodil UK
Price: 6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 20 Dec 2011
Just got this Antenna for my digital TV situated in an attic room, SW London
Really was not expecting much for the price. My doubt grew when I received the item which is tiny .
but I was pleasantly surprised. The reception is very good. I am getting all the free view channels without any problems .
I would strongly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow ! Amazing ! Best 20 Spent, 22 Nov 2011
HI Guys
love this little beauty.
Amazingly stable control for such a small flying machine.
Your research ends here, best for your money .
Please check out my full review on the yellow one.
Good luck and safe Flying!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly the best for your money!, 22 Nov 2011
I have had the Syma 107G for about two weeks now, had about 5 to 6 flights every day and just got one thing to say, AMAZING!!!
This heli is very stable, it flies exactly where you want it to fly. My 10 and 14 year old daughters adore it.
Every time you hover it in the air, you feel astonished at the little flying machine in front of you. I have managed to take it out of one room, through the corridor and into the next with practice. Yesterday, I actually managed to fly it up the staircase and to the first floor!( After a lot of practice )
We have had many accidents with it and this little beauty has survived all of them ( Fingers crossed for future )
There is a certain learning curve involved. You need to take it easy at first by just getting used to the controls. First just go up and down a few times, then hover at a level, turn on its axix, go forward and backwards and so on.When its fully charged, the 107G has a lot of power so go easy on the left ( Altitude ) stick in comparison towards the end of the flight.
I have noticed that It does become a little unstable towards the end of the flight.
I did a lot of research before spending my hard earned cash on this beauty.
I have seen that a couple of recent reviews are very negative but one cannot forget the fact that this is a flying Helicopter. If you loose control in mid air and have a major accident, its going to crash and break.
From my experience , I can say that this Heli is extremely stable. Don't try and fly it like a pro on your first flight, only get adventurous when practised a lot.
I don't write reviews usually but I had to for this one as recent negative reviews dont justify the amount of fun this toy can give !

Finally HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Me ( 40 yrs ) and my daughters love it ! For around 20 its an absolute steal !
Hope this review helped.

Good luck and Fly Safe!!!!

FIFA 12 (PS3)
FIFA 12 (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Unlimited, Awesome!, 4 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
Hi Guys
Only reviewing gameplay
Fifa 12 is different.
I have played more than 25 online games and the defending has become second nature. If you use your football brain, anticipate the opposition pass, and cut in, just like real football, it works and is rewarding.
More importantly, when you have the possession, you have those extra vital seconds to control the ball better, and pull off skill moves which was not easily possible in Fifa 11 as the other player only had to press steal and second press buttons on the controller to unleash defenders on to you. This was one of the most frustrating part of Fifa 11.
EVERY online games played have been rewarding. No I did not win most of the games )
Now because of Tactical defending, you get a lot of satisfaction while defending. Precision dribbling actually works. Many games I have been down 2 nil and come back to draw the game.
Pure Satisfaction.

Online Head to Head connectivity is so much better. You have to pick your team, settings etc before searching for an opponent. This cuts out the waste of time in choosing a team, settings after finding an opponent like in Fifa 11. You are only pitted against the equally starred teams which is how it should be.
Finally what are you looking for in a game?
Great graphics? Unlimited Fun? Realistic gameplay?
Or all of this and More!
Fifa 12 offers you everything and more.
Its worth every penny that you spend on it.
On the launch day, 30th Sept, I played my first online game. There were 222000 players playing Fifa while 60,000 games were being played.
Simply Incredible!
Go get it guys, you wont be disappointed .
Enjoy!!!

HTC Wildfire S Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
HTC Wildfire S Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Olympus International Ltd
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by my fourteen-year-old daughter, 14 Aug 2011
I got this phone for my fourteenth birthday, and I must say, what a phone! Every aspect of the phone is fantastic, and just as good as it's rival the iPhone, if not even better.

To begin, the phone itself is lovely. It is sleek, not too fat, and the screen size is just perfect. In fact, it's small size proves to be an asset, as it is perfect for carrying round.

What I instantly noticed about this phone was the ability to personalize to your own needs. The widgets are really useful, and I was able to customise them to my own needs, having the clock, my music, radio and the weather, all at one swipe of the screen! There are seven blank pages to customise with widgets, and although I only use three. Also good about personalization is being able to get free 'live wallpapers' from the Android Market. There are some really gorgeous wallpapers to get, such as ones with falling flowers!

Another absolutely brilliant aspect of this phone is the camera. The 5-megapixel camera is what really sets it apart from other phones like the iPhone, as I have been able to capture some stunning quality photos on it that can be edited with ease.

The Android operating system is great, and the majority of apps that are available in the AppStore are also available for Android.

The Notifications Bar at the top of the screen is excellent; it's really easy to see when you get a text or a message on Facebook. There is also an LED light near the top of the phone which lights up with notifications. Compared to the iPhone, it 's also much easier to turn off the apps open in the background, as they can all be closed with the touch of one button.

The 'Home', 'Menu', 'Back', and 'Search' buttons at the bottom of the phone are VERY good as they help navigate through the phone smoothly.

Of course, this phone isn't completely perfect, here are the (very few!) downfalls:
- The battery life. It only lasts about a day if you use it quite a lot.
- It takes a while to uninstall apps, as opposed to on the iPhone.

Overall, I think this phone is absolutely amazing, and a must-have. I used my iPod Touch a lot before getting this phone, but have found that I no longer need it, as the HTC Wildfire S does everything that is did, and more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2011 4:35 PM BST

Jab We Met [DVD]
Jab We Met [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shahid Kapoor
Offered by desitunes4u
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best from Bollywood, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Jab We Met [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say, This film is just amazing. Just get it , watch it and savour every scene. Brilliant performances.
Its one of those films which when ends , gives you that rare feeling of satisfaction.
You are sure to watch it again and again and again.
Thats why this dvd is worth every penny
Enjoy