ARRAY(0xbc0eb58c)

Charlie and Lola: I Am Too Absolutely Small For School
Charlie and Lola: I Am Too Absolutely Small For School
by Lauren Child
Price: 3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of the better books for school preparation, 15 Jun 2011
We've just bought this book for my 4 year old, who is due to start school in September. He is not used to the school system as he has been at a day nursery since being a baby, which is very different to a school routine.

Lauren Child's books are lovely, generally, not just her Charlie and Lola series but other ones too.

This book on the surface is lovely, but there are a few faults within the story. Lola says she doesn't want to wear a school uniform and look like the other children - Charlie points out that it's okay because their school doesn't have a uniform. I imagine most if not all schools have a uniform, and so the book does not have an accurate reflection of school clothing. Also, Lola says that she doesn't like school dinners - well that's okay because she can take a packed lunch. My son will be staying school dinners, and it would have nice for Childs to have put something positive in about school dinners.

Wish I'd read this book before reading it to my son, he's now saying he doesn't want to stay school dinners. I shall just have to tell him that Brenda, the cook from nursery, helps do the school dinners, as he tells me her food is better than mine!

Starting school by the Ahlbergs is the best book by far for preparing little one's for school.

Michael [CD 1]
Michael [CD 1]
Offered by Townsend Records
Price: 1.94

4.0 out of 5 stars More Amazing Stuff From Franz!, 12 Feb 2005
This review is from: Michael [CD 1] (Audio CD)
I bought this CD single for my Franz obsessed best friend, Sarah. Neither of us can wait for their next album, as we thought that their self titled debut album was great. "Michael" is the 4th song released by the Scottish rockers.
The "Michael" single comes with two fantastic bonus tracks that aren't on the album, "Love and Destroy" and "Missing You", giving us just a taste of the type of things that could be on their new album. I'm not such a big fan on "Love and Destroy", but Alex Kapranos (lead singer of Franz Ferdinand) sings beautifully in the third track on the single, "Missing You". A must for all Franz fans!
****/*****