Profile for ryanstone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Ragtales Coco The Poodle
Ragtales Coco The Poodle

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very robust!, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ragtales Coco The Poodle (Toy)
My daughter loves this poodle, however I've only given it three stars as a hole appeared in the side of it after she'd had it for about four days. The seams at the side had parted and I sewed it up myself rather than send it back, as it was a Christmas present and she would have been devastated without it, as it is a very cute toy, just not very resilient!(wouldn't really recommend below age 3,it'd just fall apart). The wheels are removable, which is nice for bedtime, but they are only held on with Velcro, which opens quite easily.

The Ard Bia Cookbook
The Ard Bia Cookbook
by Aoibheann Mac Namara

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book from a lovely cafe!, 29 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Ard Bia Cookbook (Hardcover)
Ard Bia is a restaurant in Galway, Ireland and one of my favourite places to eat, so naturally I had to buy the cookbook, but I would highly recommend the book even for those who've never had the pleasure of eating in Ard Bia. This beautifully presented book has a comprehensive selection of recipes, covering everything from breakfast/brunch through lunch/dinner/supper to store cupboard essentials (advice on what to buy and possible uses, plus recipes for condiments such as mayonnaise and salad dressings). There are also recipes for drinks such as rosehip cordial and hot citrus juice. Some of the recipes sound exotic (e.g. lamb koubideh) but none seem to require ingredients that aren't easily obtained. I can't wait to try out all the recipes and would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes cooking good food.

Fisher-Price Precious Planets Projection Mobile
Fisher-Price Precious Planets Projection Mobile
Offered by five2ninesales

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for bedtime!, 24 Sept. 2012
I got this for my new baby, having a had a much cheaper mobile for my older child, which broke! I'd never used a projection mobile before and this did seem expensive but it was worth the money! It is large and heavy so not suitable for use with a Moses basket but we have a bed with bars next to his Moses basket so we just clipped it on to that. He loves it! When he was tiny the music used to soothe him to sleep (it really DOES work!) and from about six weeks he used to look up at it while falling asleep and now he gurgles in delight at it when I switch it on. I can put him down to bed awake and the mobile lulls him to sleep. On the odd occasions where he doesn't fall asleep quickly, we'll hear a yell from the room when the mobile stops (this takes about 10 minutes I think, I haven't timed it though), then we just switch it on again using the very useful remote and he settles again!
There are three types of music/sounds: heartbeat, nature/jungle and classical, pressing each button twice seems to play a faster version of each noise. There are two sound settings and I don't think it's excessively loud, the louder setting is good because baby can hear it even over his crying. There are three display options ie, music alone, music with spinning animals, and all three together. The umbrella detaches for ceiling projection with an older child, but my baby isn't old enough to need that taken off yet so can't comment on how it works for that.
Important to note: when assembling, make sure the umbrella clicks securely onto the little plastic flange it hangs from, it needs a little bit of force to be pushed on. I had only pushed it on partially at first and it fell off and landed on my son's face! So dangerous if I hadn't been there.
So would highly recommend it! Just make sure you push the umbrella on securely!

Snuzzler Terry Cotton
Snuzzler Terry Cotton

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for very small babies, 24 Sept. 2012
I bought this product for my second child as he was born in summertime and the synthetic lining in our carseat used to make his older sister sweat a lot when she was his age. It delivers in that regard-he is never sweaty on being taken out-but there are a couple of issues with this product, which is why I've only awarded three stars: the sides are heavily padded, with the padding being non-removable, meaning there is not much space around my son in the seat and he ends up being wedged on top of the padding, he is not a very large baby, his birth weight was 7lbs4oz (3.2 kg) and he is only 11weeks old but I don't envisage being able to use this liner much longer for this reason. This problem could be easily circumvented if the side pads were removable, perhaps with Velcro fastenings to keep them in place. Most modern carseats are sufficiently padded that all that extra padding is not necessary, but I could see it being very useful for a small or premature baby. The baby in the picture advertising this product on Amazon actually looks like he's in a carseat that's too big for him, my son looks much more crowded when using his Snuzzler!
The label on the packaging says suitable from 0-5yrs, which seems wildly unrealistic! Perhaps a typo, maybe it should say 0-5months? I certainly don't see myself being able to use it for much longer. The padded head support is removable from the rest of it and does stay in position behind the baby's head, but the large Velcro pad for joining the two bits together is then just behind his neck and could, I think, irritate his skin if he was in the seat for a long time. Again, this is something that could easily have been rectified in the design process.
So, all in all, I would only recommend this product if you have a very small baby and an inadequately padded carseat! That said, I have not yet used this product in a buggy as my son is still too young to sit up in a buggy, so maybe it would be useful for providing extra padding in that situation.

Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads (60 Pieces)
Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads (60 Pieces)
Offered by BestBuyerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market., 24 Aug. 2012
I bought these after reading all the positive reviews ( and after experiencing chafing and leaking with Mothercare breast pads), they are fantastic, they are moulded to fit the breast and are made from soft materials so you barely notice you're wearing them. I'm breast feeding my second child now and wish I had these the first time! They don't leak at all and don't slip thanks to the adhesive patches on them. Individual wrapping keeps them clean in your handbag or changing bag. Couldn't recommend them more highly!

Cross Century 10 CT Rolled Gold Ball Pen Ref 4502
Cross Century 10 CT Rolled Gold Ball Pen Ref 4502
Offered by SAMURAI-MARKET-JAPAN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pen, 24 Aug. 2012
This pen was a present from my husband and I love it! It looks so elegant and writes nicely, I got a lot of compliments on it. It is small in diameter so it is better for those with small hands-it is smaller in diameter than a standard biro so it takes a bit of getting used to at first. The price is good too, my husband got it on special offer, it's much better value than other gold pens but looks just as good. It's very easy to change the refills too, I'd recommend buying a few at the same time as the pen, I got about two weeks of daily writing at work out of each refill ( I do a lot of writing at work)

Bloom And Blossom Mother Rejuvenating Facial Spritz 100ml
Bloom And Blossom Mother Rejuvenating Facial Spritz 100ml
Offered by Beauté Définie LONDON

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and doesn't smell very nice., 24 Aug. 2012
Unlike the foot spray from this brand, which has a nice herbal-y smell to it, this smells slightly musty and the only effect it has really is to make your face feel briefly damp, the smell disappears when it dries, which only takes about a minute. So it is expensive, with no obvious benefit and a strange smell-wouldn't recommend buying it. It is briefly refreshing, but the smell and the fact it dries so quickly mean it's not much use.

Bloom and Blossom Revitalising Leg and Foot Spray 100ml
Bloom and Blossom Revitalising Leg and Foot Spray 100ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells lovely, but quite expensive., 24 Aug. 2012
I bought this in the final trimester of my pregnancy, and it was a nice treat for hot, tired feet at the end of the day, but I can't say it was particularly revitalising! It's basically just nice-smelling water so it is quite expensive for what it is, it was nice to have with me in the hospital as it's so hot in hospitals. Haven't used much of it though, the bottle is still nearly full, so would only recommend buying it if you think you'll use it a lot.

Meg Comes To School (Meg and Mog)
Meg Comes To School (Meg and Mog)
by Helen Nicoll

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures but limited text, 24 Aug. 2012
My toddler loves to watch Meg & Mog on TV so I thought the book might be worth buying, she's not very keen on it though, there isn't much happening in each picture and there is very limited text on each page, mostly consisting of one-sentence descriptions and speech bubbles. It doesn't take long to read either, approximately five minutes so my daughter usually wants another story after being read this-it might be useful for a quick story for a tired child, but wouldn't really recommend it, there are other much better books out there.

Pip and Posy The Scary Monster (Pip & Posy)
Pip and Posy The Scary Monster (Pip & Posy)
by Axel Scheffler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for toddlers, 24 Aug. 2012
My 2-year old daughter's favourite book, she loves pointing out all the extra details in each picture. The illustrations are beautiful and the storyline is simple but engaging for a small person (and not boring for the accompanying big person!). The central message is that not all monsters are as scary as initially thought, which I think is a useful lesson for young children. All in all, would thoroughly recommend this book! Have since bought all the other books in the series, they're all equally lovely.

Page: 1 | 2