Profile for Josef Tichanek > Reviews

Content by Josef Tichanek

Josef Tichanek "joe0821" (Prague, Czech Republic)

Kenwood Chef Titanium KMC010
Kenwood Chef Titanium KMC010
Price: 379.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 21 May 2013
I like the design on the machine and its compact design. However what is not compact are the attachments. But I'll get to it later. I mainly use it for dough preparation and various creams. If you want to do egg yolks sugar and butter it is perfect. But it is already not so perfect for beating the egg whites. It does not whip them well, I always find some liquid in the bottom no matter what's the speed or time. I am using 3 or more egg whites because I've red somewhere it was not suitable for less.
The attachments: My machine has arrived with fruit liquidizer and meat processor. Both items are really bulky, have and take a lot of space. I tried the fruit liquidizer and it did not go well. I tried to juice an apple but it somehow got stocked between the grater plate and the plastic cover, it even splashed some juice on my wall. So I have immediately disassembled and have not used since then. The whole item is so large that it makes me think that it is probably better to purchase a standalone liquidizer, because it might take even less space. Moreover some attachments are even more expensive than standalone machine eg. pasta making attachments. Second attachment that I have is the multifood grinder AT950A, again the item is quite bulky especially insanely large collecting dish. I have not used this attachment yet, What discouraged me from using except for manipulating with the oversized collecting dish are the metal screens that are covered with some kind of oil that is so sticky that it resembles a glue.
Like I said I have a mixed feelings about it looks nice in my kitchen and it is good for some tasks, but I am not impressed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2013 9:58 AM BST

Wild at Heart
Wild at Heart
by Nikki Tibbles

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disapointing, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Wild at Heart (Hardcover)
If you like the color scheme on the cover page of this book, then you will probably like this book. I like a lot work of Nikki Tibbles and I was fascinated by the creations I saw on her website. That is why I purchased this book. But I was so wrong. In my opinion the pictures are unattractive, mostly dark, and the arrangements - well not what I expected. It also does not include any step by step tutorials it rather contains some poetic description mostly what you can pretty much see yourself without people telling you. There is a very little text in this book, but the book itself is quite big. It is just a space taker.

Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Price: 15.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor technical quality, 13 Nov 2007
I've anxiously expected arrival of this Blue-ray package. However I was really disappointed with the HDTV quality. I'm using Pioneer PDP-506XDE plasma TV. There are some scenes that seem like HDTV, mostly views from the top and some other shots, however some of them are unsharp I would say even by the DVD standards. I know my TV can show better HD picture than this. I saw part this series as a standard DVD on CRT television while I was visiting the United States earlier this year. This picture seemed more clear and sharp than this HDTV version. I think it is better to buy a DVD version due to the price. In terms of content it is good series, but this can't beat Ushuaia Nature series from Nicholas Hulot.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2007 1:17 AM GMT