ARRAY(0xab46cf84)

Profile for Duncan Rose > Reviews

Content by Duncan Rose

Duncan Rose "Dunk" (Billingborough, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Aqua Sphere Mako Clear Lens Goggle - Transparent/Aqua
Aqua Sphere Mako Clear Lens Goggle - Transparent/Aqua
Price: 9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly unbeleivable!, 28 Oct 2013
I purchased this based on the average reviews being high.
I misplaced my Adidas goggles at the gym a couple of weeks ago (I paid about 9 for those). And after searching around (Speedo etc.) and seeing the average reviews I took a punt on these.
My Adidas goggles used to leak and steam up every 2-lengths of the pool. I only do 20-lengths per visit at the gym and these have not steamed up or leaked once in 2 weeks.
In addition, our gym's pool is quite dark and these goggles actually increase the light in the room! When you take them off it's like somebody is dimming the lights!!! I'm going to buy a pair for my son and wife they're so good.

Swatch Men's Full-Blooded Watch SVCK4054AG Burgundy
Swatch Men's Full-Blooded Watch SVCK4054AG Burgundy
Offered by yuduyu
Price: 110.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I thought..., 28 Oct 2013
I was a bit apprehensive buying this watch with it being red and unisex! It is however a nice large-faced watch and goes well with business or casual clothes. It is also VERY lightweight.
I haven't had Swatch before but do recommend this to anybody wanting a stylish watch for < 100.

2000 Watts Ultra Slim Panel Convector Heater 24Hr Timer Adjustable Thermostat (Free Standing Or Wall Mounted)
Offered by Direct Sales
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome heater. Good looking, great features, great service., 28 Oct 2013
My heading pretty much says it all. Arrived very quickly (in fact stated 7th November, but it arrived last week - not November yet!). Pretty easy to fix to a brick (non-plastered) wall in the conservatory. Dimensions for fittings were accurate (others have commented at these being incorrect).
Has everything you need - timer and thermostat. Heats the room up very quickly and at max power costs just 22p / hour !!!
Highly recommend.

Double bed Shaker wood frame New 4ft6 Howard White Wooden Bed
Double bed Shaker wood frame New 4ft6 Howard White Wooden Bed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bed, great price., 28 Oct 2013
For a bed for the spare room this is definitely the best on the market in its price range. I've scoured many shops online and in the high street. This bed is not the greatest of quality of materials as you'd expect for the price, but IS 'good' quality. Our bed is getting used weekly and our guest is very complimentary of it. The Co. were very good at providing me with a couple of missing spare parts. I recommend to anybody wanting a sub 150 bed frame. Much nicer looking than any mdf equivalent. Looks and feels solid.

Life Is Beautiful [DVD]
Life Is Beautiful [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roberto Benigni
Price: 5.25

1.0 out of 5 stars I must be missing something..., 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Life Is Beautiful [DVD] (DVD)
What an absolutely awful film. "It's a Wonderful Life" it ain't.

I bought this as Amazon 'somehow' recommended it for me. I sat down with my wife on Saturday evening and we turned the film off after about 20 minutes. The lead role's acting is like an Italian Norman Wisdom on a very bad day. Other actor/actress performances were like they were straight out of drama school. The English subtitles were poor quality too.
I tried to keep the film running after my wife had twice asked "what made you buy this again?". But alas, I too had to turn it off, out of embarrassment.

My life would be more beautiful if I hadn't paid over 5 for a second-hand copy of this dire, dire film. Quite where the 138 x 5-star ratings have come from I do not know - it must be some kind of April fool...!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 12:52 PM GMT

Last Lions [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import]
Last Lions [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Dereck Joubert

4.0 out of 5 stars Much darker than Disney's African Cats, 19 Jun 2013
I have previously purchased (and LOVE) Disney's African Cats - see my review on Amazon. This film is much darker and more 'raw' - making it less watchable for small children (my 4-year old loves African Cats). Beautiful scenery, story etc. but it is lacking something. Not sure why never released in UK.

Time
Time
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely under-rated album from hugely under-rated band..., 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
My parents used to listen to this in the eighties whilst on boring holiday drives. It has a mysterious quality about it that is very hard to describe. I have only ever owned 'Best Of' ELO albums and this album has to be listened to from beginning to end as it flows, track to track, like a story. Not the longest album in the world, but if you 'slightly' enjoy ELO and have never heard this it is a must - especially at under 4!

Command Hook Wire Backed Picture Hanging Hook
Command Hook Wire Backed Picture Hanging Hook
Price: 2.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., 19 Jun 2013
I've used these before overseas - great product for saving your walls. I find these a bit pricey - despite being the cheapest I could find from a reputable store on-line. MUCH cheaper in certain UK supermarkets!

Sheaffer Ballpoint K refiills Blue Medium (2 x 1 cartridge on blistercard)
Sheaffer Ballpoint K refiills Blue Medium (2 x 1 cartridge on blistercard)
Price: 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous ink...!, 19 Jun 2013
Hey, it's ink! Seriously, what is there to say!!! Good brand, good quality - good price. Amazon comes up trumps again! Would purchase again.

Disney Cars 2 Kids LCD Watch 25877 with Tyre Alarm Set
Disney Cars 2 Kids LCD Watch 25877 with Tyre Alarm Set
Offered by Beautifeye
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite small clock - extremely cheap watch., 19 Jun 2013
Had I seen these in a shop I would NOT have purchased them. The clock is very small - of average quality. The alarm is a normal beep - nothing special from the Cars movie. The watch is of very very cheap quality. Could have come out of a Christmas cracker!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3