Profile for Pete > Reviews

Content by Pete

Pete

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lie in the Dark and Listen: The Remarkable Exploits of a WWII Bomber Pilot and Great Escaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Lie in the dark and listen., 11 April 2015
An amazing story! Once I'd got used to the writer's style I found the story fascinating. My first ever flight in an aeroplane was as young National serviceman, in a Lancaster, in 1948, but I was familiar with Wellington bombers. Brave men one and all.

Ponchielli A. - "Dance Of The Hours" from La Gioconda Vol. 113
Ponchielli A. - "Dance Of The Hours" from La Gioconda Vol. 113

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad download or what?, 5 Feb. 2015
Unfortunately this piece of music is missing approximately 5 seconds of music at around 5 minutes into the tune, which really ruins it as far as listening is concerned. I cannot find anything in the Helps that informs me what to do about this bad download. Can I download it again free, or what? There doesn't seem to be a 'Contact us' button anywhere. So I have only awarded this with 2 stars, instead of four or five.

NIV Bible
NIV Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars NIV Bible., 3 Feb. 2015
This review is from: NIV Bible (Kindle Edition)
This was bought for my wife, and she tells me that is excellent and based upon her preliminary perusal of the contents and style she would give it five stars.

7dayshop R7 Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Headphones with Handsfree Mic. - Designer Headband - Ideal for use with Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Apple ipod, Apple iPad, All Apple iPhones incl. 4s, 5, Samsung Galaxy Smartphones and Tablets, Skype etc - Matt Black Finish
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars 7dayshop R7 Bluetooth 3.O Wireless Headphones., 30 Jan. 2015
I am delighted with these headphones and am astounded that such a nice looking, well made and very functional device can be bought for so little money. I have only had them a few days but I bought them to use with my iPad Air2 and so far they have performed very well. They paired with iPad rapidly and without fuss and they keep functioning throughout my house. An excellent purchase.

Yousave Accessories iPad Air 2 Case Sleep Wake Function (2014 Model) PU Leather Magnetic Closing Stand Cover
Offered by Yousave Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars You save Accessories iPad Air 2 case., 28 Jan. 2015
An excellent case for my new iPad Air2. I have deducted one star from my rating as it is not quite a perfect fit and the Home button is partially obscured. Otherwise is very well made, good quality feel about it and looks good. I am well pleased with it, and cannot see any justification to spend a lot more on cases that do not seem any better.

A Newbies Guide to iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 (Or Any iPad with iOS 8)
A Newbies Guide to iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 (Or Any iPad with iOS 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Newbies guide to the iPad Air2., 26 Jan. 2015
An excellent guide to the iPad Air2. Well written, lucid and very helpful with good illustrations.

The Island (Fallen Earth Book 1)
The Island (Fallen Earth Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Island - a review., 31 Dec. 2014
Like all the MICHAEL STARK books that I have read it not a 'soft' read, by which I mean the storyline is not a fairy tale to be read to the little children at bedtime, but is well written and gripping. He is a good writer and his work holds the attention of the reader all the way through. The concept of this story is a good one, and the characters believable. A very good read. I read the series out of order and will certainly be reading it again, but in the correct order.

Dissolution (The Shardlake series Book 1)
Dissolution (The Shardlake series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, and it seems to have been written ..., 23 Dec. 2014
An excellent book, and it seems to have been written by someone who knows what he is talking about. Not a happy read, but it does make one feel even luckier not to have lived in those times. I have now read all the Shardlake series albeit out of sequence, and later I will go through them in the correct order to enjoy them once again.

Is There Anybody Out There?: A Journey from Despair to Hope (Lil Shawnee)
Is There Anybody Out There?: A Journey from Despair to Hope (Lil Shawnee)
by Mez McConnell

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 15 Dec. 2014
If you like this sort of book then this is the sort of book you like.

Dark Fire (The Shardlake series Book 2)
Dark Fire (The Shardlake series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, and now I have the set I ..., 15 Dec. 2014
Well written and very exciting. Having now read several 'Shardlake' books I am now familiar with the characters which of course enhances the reading experience. Very good read, and now I have the set I can re-read them again later on, in sequence.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5