Profile for Pete > Reviews

Content by Pete

Pete

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
10 PCS Universal Capacitive Stylus Pen - Black, Blue, Pink, Silver, Light Blue, Green, Gold, White, Purple, Red Touch Screen Stylus Pen for iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3; iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5; iPod Touch 2, iPod Touch 3, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5 iPad Mini; HTC One X, One S, One V, Desire S, Desire HD, Sensation, Sensation XE, Sensation XL; Samsung Galaxy S1, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Mini, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy W, Galaxy Y, Ace, Ace Plus, Ace 2; Sony Xperia S, Xperia P, Xperia U, Xperia T, Xperia Miro, Xperia Tipo, Xperia Arc, Xperia Neo, Xperia Ray; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 / P5110, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7100, Galaxy Tab 7.0 P5200, Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 / N8010; Blackberry Playbook; Google Nexus 7; Motorolla XOOM; Dell Streak; Sony Xperia Tablet S; Acer Iconia Tab; Asus Transformer Pad; HP TouchPad; HTC Flyer and All Other Phones, Tablets and Devices with a Capacitive Touchscreen
Offered by accmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylus pens, 20 Jun. 2014
Ten for £1.81?
Well, I didn't expect much from these very cheap styli, but they arrived very quickly, looking very smart and of good quality. I started using one and found it a whole lot better to use, in the way it easily slid over the iPad's surface. Far better in fact than my previous capacitive stylus pen than cost a lot more and was difficult to use, tending to drag over the iPad's face with some difficulty.

They are super - very attractive to look at and very comfortable to use. I cannot rate them or the vendor too highly.

Seiko 5 Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Fabric Strap SNK809K2
Offered by Point in Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko watch, 17 Jun. 2014
The ordering process was easy, once I had made my mind up as to which watch to get. I ordered it on a Saturday on a next day option, and it arrived Sunday morning!

You cannot get better service than that!

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

3.0 out of 5 stars Harold Fry, 26 May 2014
A strange book, and although I did read it all through I thought the ending was a bit lame and rather unlikely , once I read that the author was responsible for some of the BBC plays I understood. Won't but any more of her books.

APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit
APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit
Offered by elevenfirst

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple connection kit, 26 May 2014
I was surprised to find that this is a genuine Apple device, but at half price, so fo course it works fine.

Naturally I am very pleased with it.

At Home: A short history of private life
At Home: A short history of private life

5.0 out of 5 stars At Home, by Bill Bryson, 1 May 2014
A most interesting read. A lot of in-depth research has been put into this book, and although I thought I knew a blot about life in days of yore this is a fascinating glimpse into our not too distant past. Some of it makes unpleasant reading, but it certainly makes one glad to live in this century, and not in the years before the twentieth century came along.
In the book goes through each room in his house, an ex-vicars house in Norfolk and tells the history of each room's past as it evolved over the years, I.e, the living room, dining room etc., not specific to his house of course but as life would have been long ago.

I repeat - fascinating.

Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Offered by Insdec

5.0 out of 5 stars Pasnasonic KX-TG8063EB, 19 Mar. 2014
After my last phone, which would not retain the time/date or ringer volume, and which had a very loud and harsh call, making me jump out of my skin whenever it rang, this telephone has a very pleasant tone, to my ears anyway. The screen is very easy to read, and I like the facility to enter contacts on one handset and copy them over to the others (I have the three handset model). All it really needs to make it perfect is for it to just enter all my contacts without me having to do anything!

Yes, I am delighted with it, and the delivery was superb too. Well done!

A Bucket of Sunshine: Life on a Cold War Canberra Squadron
A Bucket of Sunshine: Life on a Cold War Canberra Squadron

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bucket of Sunshine, 14 Feb. 2014
As an ex-RAF person during the 'Cold War' I was naturally interested in this book, and I am usually an avid reader of this genre and and I read many.

Also as I was familiar with many of the RAF bases he mentioned it Is good to read about them. Brings back memories!

To me this book read more like reading someone's diary perhaps. Interesting if you're interested in the subject and know the person writing it up.

I'm afraid I was disappointed with the book as it seemed to lack the vitality the subject needed. I have read many much better written similar books.

Great Expectations
Great Expectations

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Expectations met., 17 Jan. 2014
Although I have heard many references about this book by Charles Dickens I had never read it. In spite of the length of time between the writing of the story and today it is still a great story of great interest. Thoroughly well written it paints a great picture of how English life was back in Dickens time. Still a very good read!

5 in 1 Camera Connection Kit for for iPad 1, 2 and 3 Connector SD SDHC TF MMC M2 MS Duo Camera - (Part of the GoGadget® range)

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera connection kit for iPad, 11 Dec. 2013
Unlike a previous but Similar and more expensive item which did not work at all, this one arrived on time and rather to my surprise it worked and worked well. For the very small cost it is brilliant - especially when the official Apple product costs almost ten times the cost of this and is not as capable. Need I say mor?

The Nero Decree
The Nero Decree

3.0 out of 5 stars The Nero Decree, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Nero Decree (Kindle Edition)
This was a pretty good story, but I have only given it three stars because I felt there were just too many narrow escapes
Which may possibly be due to my cynical old age and having read too many similar type books in the past.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5