Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer (Bedfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, cosy, could be slightly better., 6 Feb. 2013
My 4 year old daughter absolutely loves her dog hat. The built in scarf and mitts make it easier for her to wrap up warm in the playground, without losing bits. She twists the scarf under her chin, to keep the front of her neck warm and then puts her hands in the "paws".

As a parent, I have a couple of gripes. Firstly, the inside/lining of the scarf and paws is white. That means the palms of the mitt area are dirty from general wear. Secondly, you can't wrap the scarf around the back of a child's neck and still leave enough for kids to put their hands in the mitts, unless their arms are bent up. Therefore, the back of my daughter's neck was left cold and bare this winter season.

Still, my daughter loves it, her head, ears and hands are warm and we haven't lost any gloves!

Buffalo MiniStation Slim 1TB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
Buffalo MiniStation Slim 1TB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Reads and writes well, 6 Feb. 2013
I purchased this drive as a general backup. It's a small and neat package. Plug and play is quick on my old Windows XP machine as well as the newer Windows 7. I just got straight into Windows Explorer and started transferring files.

My favourite use, is for storing HD camcorder footage, for playback on my Blu-Ray player. Writing DVDs was a very slow laborious process, so now I just transfer and plug and play using USB!

I've had the drive for nearly a year and it's used daily. So far, so good.

Small FROSTED Shrink Plastic Sheets - Shrink Art
Small FROSTED Shrink Plastic Sheets - Shrink Art
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Frosted Shrinkles are great!, 6 Feb. 2013
I purchased the Frosted Shrinkles for my kids. They love to trace their favourite pictures and colour them with colouring pencils. The Frosted finish is easy for kids to colour, without using marker pens. We punch holes in them (I also curve the corners, so they're not hard and pointy after shrinking) and after a few minutes in the oven, the kids attach them to key rings. After shrinking, the plastic is clear on the other side, so you can clearly see your design in reverse on the back.

Kingston Technology 2GB Micro Secure Digital Card with adapter
Kingston Technology 2GB Micro Secure Digital Card with adapter
Offered by iFlash

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply does the job, 6 Feb. 2013
There isn't much to say about an SD card, but this one does the job, It holds my MP3s and is read easily by my PC and MP3 player. I've had no problems transferring or reading data. The card is supplied with an adapter, so it can be read using most card readers and a case for storage too. No complaints here.

100 x 1 piece child safety balloon cup and stick orange
100 x 1 piece child safety balloon cup and stick orange
Offered by Tri Balloons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for party favours, 6 Feb. 2013
Balloons are great at parties, but helium is expensive, so these sticks make an ordinary balloon much more fun! The sticks are sturdy, formed in an X shape. So they flex but are not easily bent and damaged (especially for those sword fighting tots). Unlike some sticks, this comes with the cup attachment moulded onto the stick. Therefore, there are no small pieces that might form a choking hazard to smaller party goers.

Just inflate a latex balloon (no need to tie a knot) and twist the mouthpiece in and around the slits and holes in the cup at the top. A quick party favour!

August MB100 - Portable Stereo Speakers - MP3 Player with 3.5mm Audio In / Card Reader / LED Torch (Pink)
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and simple for young kids, 6 Feb. 2013
I have recently purchased this MP3 player for my 5 year old daughter. She's just getting into music and loves to dance around, so this MP3 player is perfect, with its in-built speakers (I don't like young ears to use headphones or anything with strangle cords!). It's small, neat and blasts out quite a volume, if you want it to. A couple of things to note:

* You need to buy a micro SD card.
* Charging is via a USB cable (supplied), but you'll need to buy an adapter if using a mains socket.
* The torch and MP3 cannot be used simultaneously.
* The volume AND forward/backward song skipping function is via a single rocker switch. Skipping songs is easy, but controlling the volume a little hit and miss.

It's a cheap and cheerful unit. Even if it only lasts a few months in the hands of a child, it will have earned me my money back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2013 1:43 PM GMT

20 Thank You Cards to Colour
20 Thank You Cards to Colour
by Kirsteen Rogers
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful, fun and great quality, 6 Feb. 2013
I just bought a pack of these cards for my daughter and I am very pleased with the contents. The preview doesn't show much about the layout of the cards, so I have added a photo showing the varied designs and card interiors.

The cards are medium sized bi-fold cards with a matt finish, making these an easy surface to colour on with felt tips, crayons or pencils. The majority of the colouring area is on the front of the card, with some small details on the back of the card. The backgrounds and interior are already printed in colour, so these would look great if your child would rather leave the card for the recipient to colour their own.

Every card has a different design. Some cards are more orientated to boys (e.g. space rockets and aliens) and others more suited to girls (e.g. butterflies, cupcakes etc.) but there are some unisex designs, with animals. The inside of every card is also printed with a coordinating design, that features the wording "Thank You" and a generous designated area for writing your own message.

The cards also come with lovely bright yellow envelopes, which will stand out in the post. We will be ordering the birthday and Christmas cards over the coming year!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Where Is Elmo's Blanket? (Sesame Street) (Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland) (Nifty Lift-and-Look)
by Shana Corey
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for little explorers, 25 Oct. 2012
I bought this book for my 2 year old daughter. 2 years on, she still loves it, and now so does her 2 year old brother. They like the simple story and exploring the many tabs, to see what is hiding beneath. They also like seeing their other favourite Sesame Street characters.

I bought this book from a store in the US, so had a chance to see the contents for myself. However, for anyone buying online, the concept of a "flap book" tends to imply bigger pieces of card stuck to the page, or pages that fold. This book has dual layered pages, that have tabs cut into the upper surface. The tabs open to reveal hidden pictures (no words) beneath. The tabs can be small and slightly fiddly to open for younger readers.

Craghoppers Haddenbury Women's Waterproof Jacket - Black, Size 8
Craghoppers Haddenbury Women's Waterproof Jacket - Black, Size 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Spacious, cozy and warm!, 3 July 2012
I am really pleased with this coat. When it first arrived in the post, I was sceptical. The package was incredibly light and seemed rather small for a winter coat. Imagine my surprise, when I opened the post bags and it grew in volume!
The outer has a soft finish, unlike other waterproof coats that can be too much like plastic or rubber. I am 5'6" tall and the coat reaches to the top of my knees. The sleeves are a good length and have a tab with popper fasteners so you can tighten the cuffs. On the back of the coat are an additional two tabs, so you can tighten the waist and give the coat a fitted shape. The hood has a velcro strip at the back, so you can shorten the length of the hood. When the velcro is undone, it's perfect for keeping the rain off my eyes and nose! There are also two zipped pockets inside for storing keys and wallet.
I tend to fit between a size 8-10. I ordered the size 8 and found that it was perfect. It had plenty of space for baggy winter clothes, without looking oversized. The quilted lining looks lovely and feels warm and cozy. I don't think I'll be needing a jumper in this coat.
This is the only coat I'll be wearing this winter!

Phineas & Ferb Gift Set - Fast & The Phineas/Daze of Summer/Very Perry Christmas (+ Book + CD) [DVD]
Offered by Biblegifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant set for fans, 9 Dec. 2011
The Phineas and Ferb set is brilliant for fans. It has all three current (2011) DVDs, some bedtime reading and even some music for the car! There is plenty of cartoon action to keep the kids occupied for ages. The only thing they could add to make it even better would be a toy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6