Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Sigg Glo Monster Drinking Bottle blue blue Size:0.4 Litres
Sigg Glo Monster Drinking Bottle blue blue Size:0.4 Litres
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and funky Sigg drink bottle., 29 Dec. 2014
Sigg bottles are a firm favourite with my kids and this one is no exception. Like all Siggs, the lid seals tight, so there are no leaks, and the cap prevents dirt. It's easy for little hands to twist open and drink without spilling it everywhere. The aluminium construction keeps the contents nice and cool on hot days (and in stuffy classrooms) whilst being light to carry. The glow in the dark cap on this model works very well. Although, as it's only used in school, we don't often get use of this function! The bright and fun design is different from most bottles we usually see in the classroom, so my son finds it easy to spot his water bottle, amongst the rest. I'd definitely buy more of these bottles.

K'NEX Ferris Wheel Building Set
K'NEX Ferris Wheel Building Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great construction set with role play potential., 29 Dec. 2014
My 6.5 year old daughter loved building this set. She's an avid Lego builder and this was her first K'Nex set. Once she's got used to the different connectors, she was building confidently. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, especially as pieces are easy to spot by colour. The "seats" on the wheel are compatible with Lego and therefore Lego Minifigures, so it can even take passengers. One slight niggle, is that the wheel is not fixed to the central spindle and it isn't tight. Therefore, sometimes I have to give the wheel a little push, to get it started when the motor is running. The other reason I took off a star, is the motor can be a little noisy. Otherwise it's a great set.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2015 3:41 PM GMT

Samsung Galaxy S3 III Mini GT I89190 Battery EB-F1M7FLU
Samsung Galaxy S3 III Mini GT I89190 Battery EB-F1M7FLU
Offered by SWH DIRECT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good genuine item!, 1 Aug. 2014
I am always sceptical about buying branded electrical goods, but I was pleased to receive a genuine Samsung battery from this seller (I purchased from SWH Direct). It arrived, in fully sealed packaging, just as described and so far is holding charge and working very well with my S3 Mini. The battery only has three pins, unlike the original that came with my handset, but this doesn't affect use. From what I can tell, all current batteries for this model have three pins now.

NEW GENUINE SAMSUNG S3 i9300 INNER RINGER BUZZER ANTENNA BLACK & AUDIO SOCKET PART
Offered by MENKO TELECOM

5.0 out of 5 stars Do your own repair - so easy., 5 July 2014
I was quoted "between" £35-£50 to repair the audio part of my S3 (seemed a bit steep, but this is "complex phone repair"), on the off chance I looked up how to do it on youtube, seemed easy.

And thought I would give it a go... £4.70 much cheaper than taking it to a shop.

It arrived very quickly, I settled down to start.

Thinking it would take me perhaps 20 minutes, I had it done in 3 minutes and didn't rush at all.

This is something that is very easy to do, don't worry about a professional doing this, it would be money for nothing, to them they would have it done in 30 seconds.

Do it yourself, this is simple to do and could save yourself up to £45.

Seller and product recommended.
Paul.

Lucy The Dog
Lucy The Dog
Offered by SKYWISH

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fun and does what it says!, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
My 5 year old daughter spotted Lucy the dog on a tv advert. She was instantly sold and since receiving the toy she hasn't been disappointed. After reading other reviews, I was a little concerned that the voice commands would be a problem. Sometimes it appears that Lucy is not hearing, but my daughter, whose speech can sometimes be quiet and a little muffled, can still get her to perform the basic commands of "sit", "bark" and "hello". It's encouraging to see my daughter working at pronouncing her commands loudly and clearly. When voice commands fail, there are three easy to feel buttons (nose, ear and back) which activate all of Lucy's functions. We're very pleased with Lucy.

Scrapbooks - Value set of 2
Scrapbooks - Value set of 2
Offered by SLJ_PARTY_BAGS

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but good value, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Scrapbooks - Value set of 2 (Toy)
These are simple soft covered scrap books with a stapled spine and buff/light grey sugar paper pages inside. It contains 16 pages (32 sides) per book, which are a fraction larger than A4. I bought these for my children to make holiday scrapbooks, so they're ideal for sticking their pictures inside. The light colour of the pages are good for ink stamping and writing on. They aren't the most hardwearing of scrapbooks, as the pages wrinkle with felt tip use and they corners curl with the kids flip through all the pages, but they suit my needs.

Elmo's World: First Flap-Book Library (Sesame Street) (Sesame Streeta(r) Elmos World(tm)) (Sesame Street Elmo's World)
by Random House
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these books, 6 Feb. 2013
Santa brought these books for my 2 year old son. He's an Elmo fan and loves flap books, so this quickly became one of his favourite gifts. These flaps are integrated (cut into the top layer of card) with the page, not stuck on after printing like some books. Therefore, the flaps can be tricky for little fingers to open when the books are new. I think these types of flaps are better at withstanding heavy use.

The four books are bright colourful and fun. Despite being American, There are only a few instances of US specific language, such as "baloney", "beets", "colorful", "Mommy" and the phrase "They're shaped funny". This doesn't pose too much of a problem when reading with a tot, as I just substitute with the English words.

The case is handy for storing and carrying the books. Together, it makes a neat little package for my son to carry out to restaurants. However, I have knocked one star off my rating, because the Velcro closure on our case has problems. The Velcro is framed in place, under a layer of the cardboard. This gives the case a very neat finish, however, the Velcro is so strong, that when my son opens the case, one side of the Velcro gets pulled out of its slot. I keep having to re-insert it into place. We just leave the case open now.

Artline Magnetic Whiteboard Eraser - Green
Artline Magnetic Whiteboard Eraser - Green
Offered by Athena Stamps Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans the board but slides a little., 6 Feb. 2013
I have had no problems with using this whiteboard eraser. It cleans well and after rinsing and drying it flat against a radiator, it still does the job. My only slight issue, is it does slide slowly down the board. It doesn't fall off, so it sits happily at the bottom edge (which is the most convenient spot anyway).

Magnetic drywipe board (30x45cm)
Magnetic drywipe board (30x45cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and sturdy white board, 6 Feb. 2013
This whiteboard is perfect for home use. I didn't want an office sized product in my home, but I did want a reasonably sized board for organizing items that clutter the fridge. Whilst it's simple, it is compact and sturdy and looks neat and tidy on my wall.

The plastic corners on the frame pull off, to reveal holes for fixing with screws. These plastic corners are the only parts that I might describe as "flimsy", but they feel fine once they're fitted back in place. The pen tray appears to balance behind the rim of the board, but after it is secured to the wall, it won't move. You'll be able to tip the tray upwards, but it won't drop the contents. The board comes covered with a protective plastic film. You need to run a craft knife along the edge of the frame, so you don't get the jagged plastic around the edge that some reviewers have complained about.

Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700X35C Wired Tyre with Smartguard Reflective S/Wall 890g (37-622) - Black
Offered by Alimay Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great puncture protection, 6 Feb. 2013
My husband suffered weekly punctures on his daily cycle commute. He initially tried the Schwalbe Marathon tyre but still suffered punctures. Then we found this Schwalbe Marathon Plus and after two months of use, there have been no punctures as yet. The tyres have also offered good road holding and wear during some very bad weather conditions.

The tyre is very firm and tough (which made it slightly tricky to fit - someone's review mentioned a tip about holding the tyre in place using electrical ties during fitting. It really does help!) As expected, the tyre is heavy, but it's a small price to pay. This is our tyre of choice from now on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6