Profile for Karen Whitfield > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Room
Room

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart wrenching & powerful, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Room (Kindle Edition)
At first you think through the eyes of a 5 year old this is not going to be easy to get my head around. It is a sad and thought provoking story. Read it that's all I can say without spoilers!

Indelible: (Grant County series 4)
Indelible: (Grant County series 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another page turner, 30 Oct 2013
Great read, although can be confusing switch a mmHg d swapping from past to present all the way through. Keep with though, really worth and you,'ll learn a lot about the regular characters.

A Kind of Vanishing
A Kind of Vanishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 25 Aug 2013
Read the detectives daughter first and this novel is just as good if not better. Loved the use of the elephant and castle area, it took me back to my childhood and younger school years. Lesleys books are so clear and I mean that in a graphic way I can tell you where everything is in each characters house! Now that's weird but in a good way.

A Serpentine Affair
A Serpentine Affair

4.0 out of 5 stars Twists and turns all the way, 17 Aug 2013
A really good read although I did find myself 're reading chapters to check things! Not as many shocks as her first novel though which I preferred

One Step Too Far
One Step Too Far

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in 2 sittings!, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: One Step Too Far (Kindle Edition)
You are left wondering how someone could do this till the very last pages. Characters are explored well and I already have actors in mind.....bring on the screen play.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Someone to Watch Over Me

5.0 out of 5 stars It will make you wonder, if you didn't already, 21 July 2013
I read about 75% of this book non stop, I was unable to put it down. The last few chapters, I didn't lose interest but I lost heart, it wasn't until the last chapter that I realised I was the problem not the book! I yearned for a happy ever after, is that ever possible with such a loss. At the finish I was content but choked! Simple reading, with a twist

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing just like Amy!, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Choosing sides in this book is like roulette black or red. I changed my mind each entry. At the end I decided, they were both bloody maniacs. Yet we all have a little bit of Amy or Nick in US! Amazing writing and detail

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Close My Eyes (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in three sittings the last which ended at around 4am! Could not put it down best book I've read in as while

Missing You
Missing You

4.0 out of 5 stars Will you guess the secret?, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Missing You (Kindle Edition)
Took a while to get into but then I couldn't put it down. I loved Fens vulnerability and how she grew stronger. You find Fens
Secret 3/4 of the way through the book very believable and yet I didn't guess that it would be played out that way.

Someone to Save You
Someone to Save You

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 8 Jan 2013
I found myself asking how I missed certain clues! Read the whole book in 2 sittings. Although the ending felt slightly hurried

Page: 1 | 2