Profile for Mr. R. M. Brown > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. M. Brown

Mr. R. M. Brown "brownr4" (UK)

Beyond Happiness: The Zen Way to True Contentment
Beyond Happiness: The Zen Way to True Contentment

5.0 out of 5 stars True happiness awaits.... If you want it!, 29 Aug 2014
Absolutely brilliant! Very clear and concise, this truly is a remarkable book and it details many obvious truths that to be honest with you - just aren't that obvious until pointed out!

NeilMed Original Sinus Rinse Kit with 60 Premixed Sachets
NeilMed Original Sinus Rinse Kit with 60 Premixed Sachets

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 27 Feb 2014
I honestly don't leave many reviews but I had to for this product. I have been suffering for years with sinus problems and have been attempting to treat it with medications such as nasal sprays etc. Little did I know that all I needed to do was flush it with a bit of salt water! Honestly this is a great product and the delivery system is easy to use. I wish I'd bought one years ago! Absolutely wonderful!!

Ranger's Apprentice 12: The Royal Ranger
Ranger's Apprentice 12: The Royal Ranger

5.0 out of 5 stars best book of the series yet - i hope there's more to follow....., 11 Feb 2014
Fantastic adventure! This is the best book yet of a great series - i hope there's more to follow..... Seriously this could just keep going and going.

ER: The Complete Fourteenth Season [DVD] [2009]
ER: The Complete Fourteenth Season [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ John Stamos

2.0 out of 5 stars Great series but faulty DVD's, 24 July 2009
I'm so sorry to rate this as only 2 stars as the series is great, but like a lot of the earlier series they try to cram so much on the DVD's that they are quite often defective. The copy I had started to break up and not play on the very last episode, unfortunately this was after the 30 day returns policy had expired. Buy this item and enjoy but beware of the DVD's!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2009 9:11 PM BST

Sit Down and Shut Up: Punk Rock Commentaries on Zen and Dogen's Treasury of the Right Dharma Eye
by Brad Warner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, explains a lot of hard to understand theories, 15 July 2007
Brilliant! Shows how to interpret a lot of the harder to understand thoughts, ideas and theories and really brings Buddhism 'home'. I cannot reccommend highly enough. Read Brads' first book Harcore Zen first though............. Thanks for taking the time and effort Brad.

Complete Relaxation (Divinity)
Complete Relaxation (Divinity)
by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - just give it time, 27 Jun 2007
When I first bought this I thought 'Urgh - it's horrid' It seemed really irritating so listened once and shelved it. A couple of months later I listened again and couldn't beleive it - it was fantastic and really calming. I don't know what changed things but WoW! Just ordered a load of other CD's by this guy. Highly recommended.

Football Manager 2007 (PSP)
Football Manager 2007 (PSP)
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly suprised, 24 Jan 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was unsure whether to buy this game as it doesn't have a 3D match engine like the PS2 games I own but that fact actually adds to the game as you can get on with the management aspect of the game - I love it!

Everyday Zen: Love and Work
Everyday Zen: Love and Work
by Charlotte Joko Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars This is it!, 13 Dec 2003
This, and Joko Becks' other books express true Zen. I have read many, many books on Zen and 'practiced' on my own for many years whilst avoiding joining an established group. Joko Beck, however, changed that and after performing an internet serch of her name I became a member of her zen school headed by one of her dharma heirs. Another excellent book to consider is Hardcore zen by Brad Warner. I cannot recommend these books enough.

Hardcore Zen: Punk Rock Monster Movies & the Truth About Reality
Hardcore Zen: Punk Rock Monster Movies & the Truth About Reality
by Brad Warner

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - buy this!, 5 Dec 2003
I am still only half way through this book but am still in awe at the authors ability to describe the many, usually very difficult aspects of both zen and Buddhism in a very straight forward way. If you are interested in zen or mystified by it and wish to learn more then this is the book for you. Wow!