Profile for SarahH > Reviews

Vango Pac Packable Rucksack - Purple, 15 Litres
Vango Pac Packable Rucksack - Purple, 15 Litres
Offered by MyoutdoorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Fantastic little rucksack - perfect for taking on days out, lightweight but very good quality. Would definitely recommend.

The Baroness: The Search for Nica the Rebellious Rothschild
The Baroness: The Search for Nica the Rebellious Rothschild
by Hannah Rothschild

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating history, 7 Aug. 2013
I found this book fascinating, as much as a history of an eccentric and influential family, as of a biography of Nica. I bought it as a jazz fan to find out more about Nica, of whom I knew very little. It is true that there is perhaps less jazz than one might expect and some reviewers found the extensive coverage of the various members and generations of the Rothschild family over-emphasised. But for me that was an unexpected and interesting bonus, providing a colourful background for Nica's unexpected life choices.

We Look To The Stars
We Look To The Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty lyrics and catchy tunes, 31 Mar. 2013
This review is from: We Look To The Stars (Audio CD)
Having see Joe live a couple of times and being a fan of his work, I had to buy this album. His trademark wit comes through many of the lyrics, and the tunes are catchy. I thought it was quite good when I got it, but am finding it is growing on me even more as I listen again. The only reason for the missing star is that I would like to hear more of his spectacular jazz piano technique on the album, but that is just a personal preference.

Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Platinum Grey
Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Platinum Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product and prompt service, 2 Mar. 2013
I bought this as a replacement for a series of similar sized scratching posts purchased from local pet stores that have worn out quickly and broken away from their base within 6 months. I chose this as it looked more durable. Although it was cheaper than the type i had previously purchased, it does seem to be of a better quality and more resistant to the hammering my cat gives it. Overall, very pleased so far. Prompt efficient delivery too.

Let's Get Lost: The Best Of Chet Baker Sings
Let's Get Lost: The Best Of Chet Baker Sings

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 28 Oct. 2012
Fabulous collection of some of the greatest songs ever written, lovely arrangements and effortlessly cool vocals. Now firmly one of my favourite albums.