Profile for Alaveda > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Summer Infant Tiny Diner - Green
Summer Infant Tiny Diner - Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 27 Nov. 2011
This placemat does not work as it's supposed to at all. It won't stay on the table properly (we have wooden table) as the suction cups do not keep the placemat in place. My tiny 6-month old baby can just rip it off the table with no effort. Plus, the flaps and the crumb catcher make it even easier to pull it off the table. And even though this crumb catcher is a good idea but it is too interesting for babies not to lift it and pull it. It's practically useless, a really badly designed product.

Glockenspiel - features coloured metal bars
Glockenspiel - features coloured metal bars
Offered by Grasshopper Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further, 26 Oct. 2011
Length:: 0:24 Mins

I looked around a lot before settling down on this one and I'm very very happy about it. The quality is very good and it's properly tuned. There are 15 notes (GABCDEFGABCDEFG) which are enough to play most children's songs, even Somewhere Over The Rainbow. The note bars are colour-coded and there're note names (e.g. C and Do) engraved on each bar. One thing to note is that this glockenspiel (or some call it xylophone) is diatonic, not chromatic (meaning there are not flat and sharp notes) but I find it sufficient to play many songs for my little one (and for her to play with when she's a bit older. One minor minus about this product is that it doesn't come with any songbook (just music sheet for a few songs would be nice) so you have to find it or figure it out yourself. But to me it's no big deal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2012 10:02 PM GMT

Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme
Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

5.0 out of 5 stars Great texture, feels good, smells nice, 13 Sept. 2011
This day cream is really good. The texture is nice and feels quite light yet not too light for autumn weather. Absorbs fast. Doesn't leave you with greasy t-zone. The smell is nice too but just a tad too strong for my taste and quite unexpected as all other burt's bees products I have used have quite mild scent. It doesn't bother me though. All in all, very nice cream and will buy again.

Mini Shopaholic: (Shopaholic Book 6)
Mini Shopaholic: (Shopaholic Book 6)
by Sophie Kinsella

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny but weak plot, 8 Sept. 2011
I had loved all the books in shopaholic series so I was so excited when this book came out. I have to admit that it was quite funny and I laughed out loud a few times but as the story went on I found that the plot was weak, uninteresting and quite shallow, to be honest.

Nature Babies - Vest Extenders - Pack of 3
Nature Babies - Vest Extenders - Pack of 3
Offered by Nature Babies

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to have in your cloth diaper stash, 8 Sept. 2011
If you use cloth diapers on your baby then this is a must. Or even if you don't, this is still great for making your baby's onesies last a bit longer. Mine came in the mail really fast. They are compatible with pretty much all the onesies I have. One thing though: it would be nice if these extenders are made from thicker fabric as they get pulled all the time (when you unsnap them off). Also, a bit of fun prints wouldn't hurt.

Tots Bots Aplix Fastening Lilac Organic Cotton Single Nappy (Stage 1, 8-18 lbs)
Tots Bots Aplix Fastening Lilac Organic Cotton Single Nappy (Stage 1, 8-18 lbs)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable but bulky on newborn, 3 Jun. 2011
This nappy is very cute (the colour is adorable) and the absorbency is very good but it is rather bulky on my baby who is now 6 weeks old and weighs at about 9 lbs. I think it will fit well and not be bulky when my little one is a bit bigger. The nappy is made of organic cotton which feels nice and soft if you tumble dry it. However, if you air dry it then it becomes quite harsh on the skin. I also need to use fleece liner with this nappy to keep my baby's bum dry as cotton doesn't feel dry when it's peed on and that gives my baby rash.

Tuscany Silver Cross Pendant on Adjustable Curb Chain Necklace of 41-46 cm/16-18 inches

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy with this necklace, 3 Jun. 2011
Very good quality. The chain is quite thin but of very good quality. The extra loop on the chain allows you to make the chain a bit shorter meaning you can have two styles (two lengths) when wearing. The cross itself is very very nice. It's a solid (no hollow) cross pendant. It is very stylish. I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Tuscany Silver 4 mm Beads T-Bar Bracelet of 19 cm/7.5 inch
Tuscany Silver 4 mm Beads T-Bar Bracelet of 19 cm/7.5 inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 3 Jun. 2011
Very pretty and of high quality, not tinny at all. I'm very impressed and super happy with this purchase. Even though I have smallish wrist the bracelet still hangs on it very nicely. I have got compliments already after wearing it for a few days :) Highly recommended.

Tommee Tippee Hygiene Plus Gift Pack
Tommee Tippee Hygiene Plus Gift Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for not-so-smelly poop, 16 May 2011
Very good product. Keeps the smell in very well. We have a new born and she would go through about 10-12 diapers each day and we only need to empty the bin every 4-5 days. No smell coming out at all and not even smelly when we put the content of the bin in a garbage bag to dispose. Highly recommended!

Update: Now that my baby is starting to eat solid food and the poop also becomes more solid and smelly, this bin can't really keep the smell in so well anymore. We have to empty the bin every few days so it doesn't stink up the bathroom.

Tots Bots : Mat Lilac
Tots Bots : Mat Lilac

4.0 out of 5 stars Good changing mat, 16 May 2011
Good changing mat to have in your diaper bag. Nice color. Fleece on one side and water-repellent material on the other side. Good price. Worth the money.
Comment Comment | Permalink