Profile for K. Jones > Reviews

Content by K. Jones

K. Jones "karl_lanc" (Wales)

Mr Vertigo
Mr Vertigo
by Paul Auster

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 5 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Mr Vertigo (Paperback)
I have read numerous books by Auster and his abillity to grip the reader with a story that would sometimes not as be as interesting or as worthy in the hands of a lesser skilled writer is astonishing. To me this book and many of his other tales are about the journey rather than the quality of the story. This book is my favourite of Auster's work, it is a wonderful, simple, yet intruging story of a young boys jounrney through life and into a wierd and wacky world. Read this book with an open mind and you will love it.

Oldboy (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2003]
Oldboy (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Choi Min-Sik
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars please watch this film., 10 Mar. 2006
I watched this movie on the off chance that it just caught my eye in the DVD shop. It totally blew me away and has since received the attention it deserves (Jonathan Ross payed it alot of praise during his Asian tour of cinema for BBC4.)
The movie includes a great cast which both suit and emphasise the gritty stoyline involved.....and what a storyline. Without giving too much away I would say that this movie is totally original in its process of allowing the viewer a glimpse of what is going on.
I urge anyone who is a fan of original, thought provoking and innovative movies to rent or buy this movie.
I have recently picked up a few more Korean titles on the basis of this great movie and have found many more equally as complex, enjoyable and brilliantly directed titles.