Profile for Pammydodger > Reviews

Content by Pammydodger

Pammydodger "[[.until the day i die.]]" (Kent, England)

Emarosa
Emarosa

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 30 July 2010
This review is from: Emarosa (Audio CD)
When a band self title an album it's usually because they feel it's the best they can be, and Emarosa are no exception. If this album doesn't blow you away, you need to turn your stereo up a few notches louder. From the breathtaking opening of A Toast To The Future Kids! to the sing-out-loud inducing chorus of We Are Life, there is something for everyone on this album.

I am prejudice, I have loved Jonny Craig since I first discovered him all those years ago when he was vocalist for Dance Gavin Dance, and I adore his phenomenal falsetto vocals more with every listen. The edge to his vocals has perfect harmonisation between him and the guitars.

This is a step up. If you don't believe me, buy the damn record. Not only are they musically more refined, the lyrics are, if possible, even more unparalleled. There's not one line in any song that won't be playing in your head all day after listening to this. Relativity was an insight into the brilliance of Emarosa; and their self-titled is just the beginning to a great career. There is no end to the talent of these boys.

To Weather The Storm EP
To Weather The Storm EP

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 2 Oct 2009
An incredible second offering from the San Diego quintet. Unforgivable is lustful in context and with its rise of guitars and pleading lyrics; this is a song for heartbreakers everywhere. Before This Ship Goes Down is a more mellow track, but still include the traits this band have come to deliver so well; meaningful lyrics, amazing melodies, and a constant beat that will keep you moving. The last track; Give It All Back is a personal favourite. With Colleen's fierce harmonies and a heavy chorus, it will be a track that will be replayed over and over. The only downside for me is that it was too short. Their previous EP had six tracks, but if their ploy was to keep their fans wanting more, then they suceeded. For fans who love female fronted bands (ie; Paramore, VersaEmerge, Automatic Loveletter) then this is one to add to your collection.

Lucy Gray
Lucy Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece Full-Length, 28 Sep 2008
This review is from: Lucy Gray (Audio CD)
Envy on the Coast just keeps getting better. From the heavy opening of Sugar Skulls and the slow down of Lapse, you will not be surprised how far this bands talent travels.

Our Time Is Now: Two Years in the Life of [DVD] [2008] [US Import]
Our Time Is Now: Two Years in the Life of [DVD] [2008] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Story of the Year
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A 100% SOTY Must Have, 28 Sep 2008
These guys know how to party, to play their instruments and be the best that they can be; which is backed up by their second DVD. My dad ordered this for my birthday and it did not disappoint. Story of the Year have a way of making everything a riot; from swinging on tree's and playing sell-out performances to sitting down as calm as they can to tell you why they kickass. This DVD not only has backstage info on the making of We Don't Care Anymore, and Take Me Back; it has content that will inspire any artist to carry on with their dreams. Plus Josh is actually nice to the camera which is an added bonus!

Southern Weather
Southern Weather
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome, 28 Sep 2008
This review is from: Southern Weather (Audio CD)
Aaron Gillespie did it again, proving that he is not only one heck of an amazing drummer, but lyricist, songwriter and overall genius. From the catchy Say This Sooner to the mellow Amazing Because It Is, you will be singing these songs when you're 50.

Adventures in Tornado Alley: The Storm Chasers
Adventures in Tornado Alley: The Storm Chasers
by Mike Hollingshead

5.0 out of 5 stars Immensely Epic. [this is for Eric], 15 April 2008
As soon as I saw it advertised in the Daily Mirror I had to have it, so I ordered it the day it got released. Two days later I was immersed in the spectacular views of tornados, hail and wall clouds. Trust me, this has only spurred on my hope of becoming a Storm Chaser one day. Following the diaries of Mike and Eric is truly inspiring to any reader, and I'd buy it just for the pictures! Larger than life, and full of real-time tension, this is a value-for-money buy, and a great purchase all round.

Champion
Champion
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars New Bonus from theAudition, 4 Mar 2008
This review is from: Champion (Audio CD)
Many people have told me that their previous album "Controversy Loves Company" is definetly better than "Champion", but even so, they cannot deny the excellent results from theAudition's new album. The sexual side of the lyrics are sure to get you dancing and the added pop-rock side of this band is enough to get you singing to the melodies for weeks. I'm pleased I bought it as these guys are soon to get huge, and I can't wait to see them again.