Profile for A. Dhanjal > Reviews

Content by A. Dhanjal

A. Dhanjal "'An Outsider'" (UK)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute cheat this book - Don't buy it, 17 Jan 2014
Indian Sculptors: Amarashilpi Jakanachari, Anish Kapoor, Ashok Gudigar, Avtarjeet Singh Dhanjal, B. C. Sanyal, C. Sivarama Murti, Chintamoni Kar, ... Reddy (Artist), Kumaradeva, Latika Katt [Paperback]

This is not a book, written or researched by someone, but an idea of a cheat, who copied all the information from wikipedia.org and printed on cheap newsprint and flogged it as book.

No author, no introduction or anything added to, just a copy of the wiki articles.

I am sorry to be so negative, I was cheated and I wish to warn all buyer and the Amazon.

My name in the title of this book has been misused.

Avtarjeet Dhanjal

by Sean Carroll
Price: 9.09

3.0 out of 5 stars From Eternity to Here: by Sean Carroll - Size of the book a pain to hold with one hand,, 8 Aug 2013
From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time

Trying to read this book, as I researching on the subject 'Time', unforutunates this extraordinarily large size of the book makes reading a pain holding wiht one hand; shall still try to read it. Or I may have buy it in ebook format.

I wonder, since it is not a reference book, why the publisher would print it such large page size?

A Dhanjal

Certified Refurbished Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle feels crude next to Sony PRS T1, 8 Aug 2013
For years i did not want buy a book reader, as they did not allow me to write notes, those I do in the margins of the books I read, for my later reference. Now I have bought Kindle paperwhite and Sony ebook readers, both offer me I could highlight and to write notes. I wanted use both for few days to decide which one to use. I found Sony have several plus points, such as I can use styllus to mark the text, even draw little pics, as well as take notes.

Holding both ereader in hand Sony white feels much more developed and sophicitcated compared top Kindle, which feels crude in its design. To find Kindle's menu is pain. When I try to get to the menu, it turns pages.

Though lighted screen of the Kindle makes reading less pressure on my eyes at night. This is big plu point in favour of Kindle. Hope Sony will also bring this feature one day; till then I shall enjoy Sony PRS T1.

1.0 out of 5 stars Indian sculptors, 23 April 2012
This is one of the bogus publications, which some company is trying to cash in on the information freely available on wiki. This is an absolutely cone-man's job. I am going to complain to Amazon not to stock or sell them on this site, which is a trusted site.

For the effort of collating this information from wiki I won't buy for more than 1.

Shun any publication from this publisher.

1.0 out of 5 stars Electrical Standards, 23 April 2012
This is one of the bogus publication, which some company is trying to cash in on the information freely available on wiki. These are absolutely cone man's job. I am going to complain to Amazon not to stock or sell them on this site, which is a trusted site.

This is second time I am coned by such a publication.

Shun any publication from this publisher.

A Dhanjal

Dimont I Max : Jews God and History (Signet)
Dimont I Max : Jews God and History (Signet)
by Max I Dimont
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gifts of the Jews, 25 May 2009
The Gifts of the Jews: How a Tribe of Desert Nomads Changed the Way Everyone Thinks and Feels (Hinges of History)

I have just read only one third of the book, Thomas Cahill's research into the life of the Sumerian and Babylonian cultural is an eye opener, and in depth background of the Jewish history. One thing which I admire of his approach to remain independent in his writings. I shall write more when I finish the book.

I thought add few more lines, this book had given me real insight into the Jews history and into their psyche, which makes it a great book. One need to read a nation's history to understand its way of thinking.

I admire the honesty and sincerity of the author.

Avtarjeet Dhanjal