Profile for MR > Reviews

Content by MR

MR (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hearts Awakening (Hearts Along the River, Book 1)
Hearts Awakening (Hearts Along the River, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging read, 29 May 2016
Reminder of how obedience in following God's will is in our best interest despite difficult circumstances . He WILL provide.

FISKARS sharpening (Fiskars) compact sharpener scissors (japan import)
FISKARS sharpening (Fiskars) compact sharpener scissors (japan import)
Offered by supermart USA

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 17 Feb. 2015
i ordered this on the recommendation of a relative - was expecting to be able to sharpen several pairs of scissors accumulated over time. Regretably, it made no difference to some pairs and the others sharpened after 'using' more than the required times, only to find that after a couple of uses needed sharpening again!

There's Something I've Been Dying to Tell You: The uplifting bestseller
There's Something I've Been Dying to Tell You: The uplifting bestseller

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as Intriguing as I thought it might be, 17 Jan. 2015
Bought it after watching Linda's interview on breakfast TV. Liked the down-to-earth language and approach to her illness. A courageous attempt to remain realistic and optimistic and I admire her for that. Nevertheless, overall a rather mediocre read.

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul

3.0 out of 5 stars Having read a few books about life in Afghanistan, ..., 20 Oct. 2014
Having read a few books about life in Afghanistan, I sort of expected what some of the content would be so was neither surprised nor disputed it's authenticity. Hence why a 3 star rating. It held my interest even though I read it over a span of about 5 weeks. The last chapter came rather abruptly and unexpectedly almost as though a couple of chapters were missing - I wanted to read about Halajan and Rasif and why or what led to the 'goodbyes'.

THE TEA PLANTER'S DAUGHTER:A wonderfully moving story of courage and enduring love: First in the India Tea Series

4.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing tale ...., 10 Aug. 2014
I thought the story would be all about life in India - what a surprise to be transported to pre WW1 in England quite early in the story. The struggles faced by Clarrie and Olive are well researched and intertwining the Robson Belheavens rift through the development of the story doesn't detract from a believable possibility. Although I anticipated the possible ending, nevertheless I was kept intrigued by the twists and turns. A thoroughly enjoyable book.

Where There's Smoke
Where There's Smoke

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 July 2014
I have enjoyed previous books by this author and as there were several good reviews about this one, I decided to get it as a holiday read. Sadly, I only read the first page before deciding it wasn't for me. I'm not into clairvoyance or spiritualism etc so totally not what I wanted!!

The Sheik's Defiant Fiancée
The Sheik's Defiant Fiancée

3.0 out of 5 stars Why such a short story?, 7 July 2014
I found this to be a very interesting storyline as so often other writers focus on the downtrodden submissive side of women in that part of the world. Wished it was a longer story though because just as I got absorbed in it, it ended!

The Dream House
The Dream House

4.0 out of 5 stars A Really Beautiful Dream House!, 7 July 2014
This review is from: The Dream House (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be a very believable story. Enjoyed the easy interplay between past and present in the development of the plot. Don't want to give away the ending but I was really pleased that my 'hunch' about the identity of the mystery missing link was right!!
I enjoyed reading about the various villages, some that I have visited though I'm not sure if those I wasn't familiar with were fictional?

A Slight Change of Plan
A Slight Change of Plan

3.0 out of 5 stars Holiday read, 7 July 2014
An enjoyable quick holiday read. Once I got into the story, I stayed up to finish it - left me with thinking 'did they or didn't they?

Digital Folding Pedal Exerciser Helps To Restore Muscle Strength & Improve Blood Circulation Mobility Aid
Offered by Fenetic Wellbeing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 13 Feb. 2014
Arrived on time, easy to assemble and use. Only downside is that you need the right height of chair to use it comfortably, hence restricts where in the house I can use it.

Page: 1 | 2