Profile for Jorge Carrero > Reviews

Content by Jorge Carrero

Jorge Carrero "George" (Granada, Spain)

Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
by James Gurney

5.0 out of 5 stars You need it, even if you think you don't., 11 Jan 2011
I'm a struggling digital artist, always looking forward for new tutorials and useful bits of info about color theory, since you never know enough about it. I bought this book after reading some other reviews and I'm really glad I did.

I wasn't familiar with James' blog, even though I'm a big fan of all his work for his Dinotopia series. His prolific contributions to this blog and, eminently, his teaching career, have given him the ability to explain everything clearly, with some of the most beautiful examples you could hope to have, all done by Mr. Gurney himself. There's a lot to like and learn from this book, everything is understandable and achievable, and his Gamut references are priceless. I have a modest collection of books and DVD's about color, but this work is, by far, the best I have ever read.

With this amazing print quality, all of the great advice and knowledge, and for this price, you really need this book, even if you are a classical or digital artist, or just like art for what it is!