Profile for Ms. V. Rushton > Reviews

Content by Ms. V. Rushton

Ms. V. Rushton (Bristol, England)

Illumination (Ltd.)
Illumination (Ltd.)

4.0 out of 5 stars An enchanting new album, 25 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Illumination (Ltd.) (Audio CD)
This is the second Tristania album I have purchased the other was World Of Glass. I feel this album is quite different where World Of Glass seemed more experimental with more grunts and choral arrangements. This album feels more like a band and you hear alot more of Vibeke Stene's vocal range. I think this is a must for the collection of any female metal fan. Each song is very different, the skill of this group of musishions is a cut above average. The stand out tracks for me are Open Ground with it's beautiful harmony's and Lotus which just spurs my imigination into life.
This is a much more grown up female metal album then alot of the others out there. If youre undecided wether to buhy this which is the reason most people read the reviews I would say just get it you won't be disapointed.

The 13th Floor
The 13th Floor

4.0 out of 5 stars A good allrounder, 26 Mar. 2009
This review is from: The 13th Floor (Audio CD)
I really like this album it is so easy to listen to, they have used a new singer again she gives the album a different feel her voice is more melodic then the singer on the last album. Sirenia continue on the pop metal road if you are a fan of their earlier stuff then you might not like this you just have to take it for what it is not what the band used to be like. You still have Morten's grunts though a lot more toned down. The Sirenian choir are featured alot more and really add a beautiful gothic feel to the songs. If you are into female fronted metal then this is definately one for the collection. It has a lighter feel and is one of my most played CD's at the moment.

Once
Once

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, 14 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Once (Audio CD)
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this album. This is deffinatly a band who don't get the recognition they deserve. I heard about them on the Kerrang music awords I cannot believe I had not heard about them before. The music drags you in to a strange parrallel universe and you only emerge out the other side when the album has finished.
I am so glad there are other female lead singers in metel bands other then Evnascence. A powerful female voice adds something very special.
I would deffinatly reccomend this CD to anyone even if you dont like rock music. Even my mum likes it but I am not sure if that is a good thing.

Toxicity
Toxicity
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Review Toxicity, 14 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Toxicity (Audio CD)
I have to admit I was a bit unsure about wether i would like System Of A Down so I orderd the album with the most tracks I already herd. I shouldent have worried its awsome. The band have a unique style of insane heavy metel then suddanly the song breaks down and goes all melodic then back to being heavy again. My favourite tracks were Chop Suey, Forest and Needles. Though I liked most of the other ones too. I would deffinatly reccomend this album to any self respecting rocker. I may half to buhy their latest album now.