Profile for Chrys > Reviews

Content by Chrys

Chrys

XCSOURCE® Dual Micro USB Host OTG HUB Adapter Cable + Power For Samsung Note2 S3 S4 Nexus4 5 7 10 Sony L39h Dell Venue 8 Pro Samsung Tab3 7.0 8 Note 10.1 ASUS HTC One M7 M8 Sony AC155

2.0 out of 5 stars Good only for the limited duration it worked, 14 Oct 2014
It worked fine for the first couple of months and then it stopped being recognized. For a day or two it would work if I would press it strongly in the centre, but after the two days,it stopped working at all.

Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D Keychain
Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D Keychain
Offered by filmwelt-shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little thing, just not to use it as a keychain, 15 Jun 2014
It has great detail, it feels solidly built, it looks nice. Then you touch it and it breaks apart. The nacelles are removable on their own free will. As much as you look at them in a funny way, they will decide they have had enough of you and go for a walk.
They are easy to fix, use some glue and stick them back on, but is it really an excuse?
I haven't used it yet as a keychain cause I am worried it might not make it through a single walk, but it looks ok on my desk.

Thrustmaster T Flight Stick x-Pc Market (PC/PS3)
Thrustmaster T Flight Stick x-Pc Market (PC/PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but, 15 Jun 2014
It's a good joystick for the price. It's probably the best joystick for the price.
There are some negatives though which I have to mention.
1.The throttle is almost a joke. It works but not only it feels cheap, it works cheap. There is always this feeling of it being just not good enough. Forget about using one finger to change it, you need to use two, to make sure it goes exactly where you want it. Due to the traction if you try to use only one finger it will go too far or not enough the direction you want it to go.
2. The main trigger button feels cheap and very arcade like. It works just fine, but the feeling isn't there.
3. It's solidly built, but at the same time it feels cheap in your hands.
4. Not terribly accurate. You can have any type of resistance on it, but it feels like if there were only two, not enough and too much.
It's like those old Casio watches you could buy by the pound in the 80's and 90's. It works, it looks good enough, but the more you touch it the more you can feel it's shortcomings.
It works fine, but if you have any interest in flight games (air or space) and by that I mean you want to play several hours each day/week, it's not before too long that you wish you had a better (more expensive) joystick. The problem is, they cost anything from 5 to 10 times more. (and some even more than that).
If you can't afford much higher priced sticks and you are looking for one, then get it. It is worth the money. But it will eventually make you feel like you wish you could get something more expensive.

PEDAL EXERCISER MOBILITY AID ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE
PEDAL EXERCISER MOBILITY AID ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE
Offered by Fenetic Wellbeing

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 18 July 2013
I used it almost every day for at least one hour a day for about 6 months.

Bad things about it, straps are too small, the pedals are too hard and sharp. I had to place two THICK socks on each pedal so that I don't cut my feet after a while, after removing the straps. If you only do 5 min a day that shouldn't be necessary.
Almost exactly six (6) months after I got it, the long metal "arm" between the right pedal and the main body, broke in half. Just split like butter.

Good things about it, it works, the tension mechanism though crude, works. It's relatively stable on carpet without much slipping. It is quiet, or at least was up to a few weeks ago. Then it would make noise for the first few min. but would stop making the noise after that. Good price.

Overall, I am satisfied with it, but I am not satisfied that it broke. I haven't decided if I am going to buy it again or not yet. If there was no breaking apart problem I would recommend it even with the other issues. Now...I don't know.
As is, I am giving it 3 stars out of 5. I would give it 4 if it was still working and 5 if there were no issues at all.

Cooler Master CM Storm Spawn Optical Mouse (Wired,USB,7 Button Programmable) - Black and Red
Offered by Aerisco

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse, 4 May 2013
I use it for....more than a year now. Every day for at least 10 hours.
I will start with the bad things, the software isn't the best (shocking I know) and there is a good chance you have a version which requires firmware update. Very easy to do but still annoying.

That's it. IF you want a good gaming or otherwise everyday mouse, for a tips or claw grip, or if you have a small hand and use a palm grip, you can't go wrong with this mouse. It's light but not too light, it has the best shape I have used in a long time, nice material on the sides to pick up without slipping. The colour is great and the texture of the mouse is sublime.
I never expected to find a mouse to replace my broken G9, but this did so well that I now like it even more.

I play all types of games and I have no issue with any with this mouse.

Batman : Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year (PS3)
Batman : Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but be careful, 4 May 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As others, I got the platinum version of the GOTY which has fewer maps and no 3D glasses. Luckily I knew about it in advance so I couldn't care less, but if you care for them, be warned.

Gameplay wise the game follows a linear storyline and while there is some freedom to how you handle some fights, don't expect anything even remotely approaching a game with say the freedom of GTA but in a more limited space. Not that GTA isn't linear but you see where I am going with this.
Now, there is nothing wrong with that if you know it in advance.
You get to fight many melee fights against unarmed and armed regular troops/henchmen in what is basically go inside a large (or small) room/area, get rid of the X amount of henchmen, continue to the next area. There are some mini and big boss battles, they become more often near the end of the game which at no point become impossible to defeat at normal difficulty level, as long as you don't forget a couple of rules. Certain mini bosses can be damaged only with one or two ways and certain henchmen can't be hurt at all unless you first stun them etc. Nothing difficult to learn how to do, and it provides a nice little variety to the battles, but at no point they are not to be followed to the letter if you want win the battle.
There are areas where you have to get rid of henchmen in a strategic way (aka stealth), which provides a nice variety.
There are several collectibles in the game and there are experience points you gain which help you unlock and upgrade abilities and gadgets. Some of them not important, some of them very important and some of them impossible not to unlock.

There are some parts of the game where there are "puzzles", like...how to find the exit or deal with problem X. If you pay attention to what you are doing and you don't forget about your gadgets, you shouldn't have a problem with most of them.

As I was approaching the ending I...got tired of the game and couldn't wait to finish it, but, and this is what I find very interesting, as soon as I finished the game, I wanted to play again.

Very good game, well worth the price and a must for the fans of Batman. I am not a fan of Batman, but I still know a very good game when I see it.

AOC I2353FH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver (1920 x 1080, 250 cd/m2)
AOC I2353FH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver (1920 x 1080, 250 cd/m2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 14 Dec 2012
I bought this a year ago in December 2011. So far it is working flawlessly. Crisp image, no detectable faults in image quality etc.
The touch sensitive "buttons" on the base are working without any problem or delay, while all the professional reviews I read were saying the opposite, no idea what that was.
The base/stand of the monito as a weird clear plastic "outside" the bottom and side part of it. It is part of the design, do not confuse it for part of the external packaging and try to remove it *cough*
The monitor gets VERY hot on the bottom edge of the screen/bezel. No idea what that is about, but it hasn't been affected so far.

The only negative points are two.. The first is the lack of more inputs, I would have liked an extra HDMI port. More importantly though, at least for me, is the lack of audio out ports. The only audio related port is a audio in port. Yes, it doesn't make any sense to me either. Usually I have a console or two connected directly through HDMI to the monitor and then through the audio out connect it to either headphones or my PC. With this, it's impossible since it doesn't have an audio output. I had to connect the consoles directly (almost) to my PC to get audio. The monitor has built in speakers in its base (lousy as usual) but I don't see how they thought it was a good idea to only include audio in port. It blows my mind away.

Anyway, the monitor looks good, performs even better and is dirt cheap. Great buy.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2013 3:29 AM GMT

Nail'd (PS3)
Nail'd (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School fun in modern looks, 21 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nail'd (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this game right after I played the demo for about 5 hours straight.
You get to race across a variety of races which have little to do with real ones. There are huge HUGE jumps that have nothing to do with reality either. The races are fast and full of action and thankfully not too short as you can get them in some other games. No 20 second lap races here. The sense of speed and height are great.
A very arcade racing game which is worth the money. Try the demo and if you like enjoy it, get it.

As I was playing the demo I found myself keep playing it and actively trying to get a better position and better time. I play many racing/driving games, and I never caught myself doing this since Test Drive 1 and Enduro Racer 25 years ago.

As long as you don't mind playing a racing game with almost no touch to reality, get this, it's a great fun game.

Handsfree (If You Hold My Hand)
Handsfree (If You Hold My Hand)
Offered by CDandVinyl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 15 Dec 2011
Song wise it is as expected. I knew what I was buying. About 25 min long in total with several remixes.
My negative point comes regarding the music video included. It is of a very low quality, bitrate/compression and low resolution. Since it is a single with only a small part of the CD used, they could have easily used an HD or at least DVD quality version of the clip. As it is in this CD, it is better to watch it on YT or something.