Profile for P. Foster > Reviews

Content by P. Foster

P. Foster "Weird Fish" (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PSP)
LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PSP)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 13.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Kapowww! Batman, 14 May 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love this game, my boys have it on the Xbox 360 and it looks amazing but even on the scaled down PSP screen it is still stunning. They got me the PSP version for my birthday after getting me the Lego Indiana Jones for Christmas. Although I agree with some other reviews that it is not as good as the Indiana Jones one it is very close with lots of gags and the brilliant Lego humour that makes it un-put-downable. Any BatFan will love it and replay value is amazing as you have the now standard freeplay for all completed levels plus the ability to play as the villians trying to defeat Batman and Robin. This is a must have for anyones (old or young) PSP collection, I just can't recomend it enough.LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PSP)

Pyramids: (Discworld Novel 7) (Discworld Novels)
Pyramids: (Discworld Novel 7) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 13.43

5.0 out of 5 stars They just keep getting better!!!!, 6 Feb 2009
I have all of Terry Pratchetts Discworld books and love them dearly. Tony Robinson has brought them to life as only he could,my wife has got me several of the audio books as presents. They go everywhere with me on my ipod and I find myself laughing again and again. It makes a stuffed train carriage much more bearable plus you can read the paper whilst listening to an absolute comic classic!!!! suddenly the latest government taxation doesn't feel so bad or whatever other joy the papers throw at us first thing in the morning :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bottle opener honest!!!, 6 Feb 2009
I got this as a gift from my Mrs after I had moaned, ok whinned :)several times at BBQ's through out the summer about the bottle opener walking off on its own. You'll never loose it again if its on your keyring. It works brilliantly and I have brought several as gifts for friends who have suffered the same torture of being at a mates BBQ with a cold beer in hand and no opener in sight :)

LEGO Indiana Jones (PSP)
LEGO Indiana Jones (PSP)
Offered by SelectGames
Price: 12.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Indie's Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 6 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Lego Indiana Jones.....brilliant two of my childhood loves, Raiders etc and Lego.
The game is excellent. The humour is brilliant, the characters don't even speak and having not played a Lego title before I didn't know what to expect. I managed to loose a couple of hours this evening and spent most of it laughing out loud (much to the annoyance and amusement of my family). What is really amazing is how they have made it engaging and funny for all ages!!!!! I can see the lounge being decorated going on hold again until this little gem is completed :-) BUY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!

Apple iPod Touch 8GB
Apple iPod Touch 8GB

5.0 out of 5 stars ipod Touch - Ohhh Yeah, 16 April 2008
This review is from: Apple iPod Touch 8GB (Electronics)
I brought my wife one for her birthday as she likes technology that "just works" and she loves it. After learning how everything else works herself (not getting me to do the bits she didn't like which is unheard of in our house) she downloaded the update using itunes wirelessly and now sends and receives e-mails to friends and family, somthing shes never done before even though she's owned 3 laptops. Her argument being "its just so easy" :) I love it and can safely say it's the best gadget I've ever brought and I have a shed load of them.
As my birthday is coming up I will definately be dropping massive hints for the 8gb Touch even if its just so I can sit in Starbucks or the local pub and send e-mails or download reviews and grab cinema times from the net at Bluewater :)

Here's an update, its been a few months now since I brought the Touch and reviewed it, my wife still loves it!! She updated the software (again) and she now has access to the iTunes App's site via wifi which is truly excellent. We have several ipod docks in the house and the car as this has become an essential part of my wife's entourage :) We recently travelled down to Cornwall from Kent by car (7 hours nearly if you include breaks)and didn't hear the same track twice and there's still loads of room on it. She even has a couple of her favourite chick flicks on it for when the music just isn't enough :) And much to friends and families amazement she's still e-mailing daily on it. I got myself the Iphone 3G, I couldn't let her have all the fun could I. But have to say pound for pound, if you already have a great phone and there are plenty of wifi hotspots near you (most of London, any McDonalds and loads of Starbucks have free access hotspots)then stick with it and buy the touch, I just can't fault it.
******+++++ UPDATE +++++******
My wife still loves her ipod and uses it daily, being a bloke I couldn't let her have all the fun so I have since brought myself the 32GB 4th Gen. She just laughed and said something about over compensating =) Anyway I've also got a 3 MIFI wireless broadband router on pay&go this means we can use them on holiday or on a day out for e-mail or internet rather than lugging a laptop with us. They just keep getting better with every generation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7