Profile for P. Foster > Reviews

Content by P. Foster

P. Foster "Weird Fish" (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
SanDisk SDSDQM-008G-B35 8 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Card (Label May Change)
SanDisk SDSDQM-008G-B35 8 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Card (Label May Change)
Offered by Laptop Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars 8GB SDHC, 26 April 2011
Got this for my Nokia E-5 to enable greater storage for pictures and documents.
Not a lot you can say about a memory card really except it works well with this phone. Easily worth the 5-Stars, so if you have a Nokia E-5 get this you won't regret it.

HoMedics FM-TS9-GB Deluxe Shiatsu Foot Massager
HoMedics FM-TS9-GB Deluxe Shiatsu Foot Massager

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 26 April 2011
My wife has been after one of these for a little while and when we saw it this price we jumped at it.
Only problem is it doesn't seem to work to well, the heat setting works very well but the massage only has one setting so overall disappointing, just seems to roll up and down.
We have a couple of other HoMedics Massager's so were expecting a lot more especially at it's RRP but I guess it's ok at the current Amazon price. Just don't expect to much.

Ford Mondeo Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 2000 to 2003 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
by A. K. Legg

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as always, 11 April 2011
It's a Haynes manual - nuff said they're always spot on :)

If you have a 2000 to 2003 Mondeo, then you need this along with a code reader. But if you have a Mondeo this old you already know that so stop reading my review and buy it :)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2012 7:22 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Media Player, 11 April 2011
Brought this for my in-laws to share various media files with them via usb keys and a 1TB external hard drive (NTFS format). This tiny box handles just about anything you give it, the menu system is simplistic but easy to use and read (a must for my techno-phobe mother-in-law). The only slight complaint they have made was the remote is quite small but the buttons are easy to use so no problem really.
Overall an excellent device and I plan on buying several more as presents for other members of the family, as they have all loved it.

Belkin Speaker and Headphones Splitter - White
Belkin Speaker and Headphones Splitter - White

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!!!!!!!!, 11 April 2011
Not a lot you can say about a headphone splitter cable - but it is very well made and the sound quality is great. It gets used with Ipods and an Ipad and is brilliant for that alone. Very good price for a quality piece of kit.

Draper 44444 100MM MINI LEVEL/ANGLE FINDER
Draper 44444 100MM MINI LEVEL/ANGLE FINDER

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 11 April 2011
I brought this as a backup for measuring roof joist angles and it is faultless and very small. It fits easily in a pocket and the gradients although the same colour as the plastic body are easy to read. Overall another great product from Draper and at this price a complete bargain.

Samsung LE40C530 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview
Samsung LE40C530 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This TV!!!!!!!!!!!!, 11 April 2011
Hi I've been putting off buying a new TV for a couple of months to replace our ageing Toshiba. After doing lots of research I settled on this great Samsung, it has won countless awards in industry magazines and websites and is always ranking highly in top tens.

As for personal experience I LOVE IT. The picture quality is amazing, beats the Toshiba into submission and is considerably better than my Sony (I've done the side by side test and the whole family agrees - sad but worth the effort :) )
The blacks are spot on and the rest of the colours are gorgeous. In our lounge we have trouble with the sun coming through windows for nearly all of the day :) and this can make TV viewing frustrating but the Samsung's ambient light sensor deals with this brilliantly.

We have a massive collection of films, pictures and music stored on a Seagate 1TB external Hard Drive which came in NTFS format this works plugged directly in to the USB port on the side. There are avi, mkv and mp4 Films and mp3 and windows media music files on the drive which are handled with no problem. Sound and picture quality is brilliant on all file formats.

We live in a poor TV reception area due to a cross over of several frequency bands (police, customs and mobile phone masts) and have always relied on Sky and FreeSAT boxes but the Samsung's FreeView picked up all the major channels plus a shed load of all the others. We can now watch all the Dave and 5 channels without Sky which is impossible on our other built in Freeview receivers and doesn't exist on FreeSAT due to licensing issues.

Back to picture quality - Standard TV is excellent and we have had to check whether or not we are watching HD but once you switch to an HD source you now it, it's beautiful. Sound quality is very good considering the size of the speakers and easily fill our room, the Voice Clarity setting has to be heard to be believed it really is good. I also use surround sound via our Sony theatre set up for films which is excellent.

That was a long review so if your still here just buy it you wont regret it and at it's current price it's an absolute steal on Amazon. Oh yeah and I ordered it on Friday lunch time and it arrived Saturday at 10:30am!!!!!!!!!! That's service well done again Amazon.

Nokia Silicone Case Cover for  Nokia E5 - Black
Nokia Silicone Case Cover for Nokia E5 - Black
Offered by Zolzoom LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 25 Mar 2011
I brought this for my Nokia E5 (bet you didn't guess)

The phone is great but for some reason it kept slipping out of my hand not sure if it's because of the back being metal or if its just because it's a bit wider than my old phone either way this case solved that problem :)

The case itself is just right it fits perfectly and all the buttons, camera, mic and speaker cut outs are in exactly the right place.
The only slight gripe is the keys on the outside edge of the keyboard (Q to Z & P to Ctrl) can be a bit fiddly if your doing a marathon text or e-mail but not really a problem just slip the phone out of the case.

Overall though absolutely brilliant case if you got this phone you need this case.

3.5mm Headphone Adapter for use with Samsung: B2100 Solid Extreme, B3210 Corby TXT, B5310 Corby PRO, F110 MiCoach, F480 Tocco, F700, G600, G800, Genio PRO, Genio Qwerty, Genio Touch, i7110 Pilot, i900 Omnia, M8800 Pixon, P260, P520 Armani, Qbowl, S3100, S3650 Corby, S5230 Star, Tocco Lite, U800 Soul b
Offered by Blacksheep Mobile

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys Love 'em, 11 Mar 2011
Ordered these (2 of) for my sons Thursday afternoon they turned up Friday @ 1:45pm......You just can't beat that service can you :)

Boys love them after breaking two pairs each of the Samsung Headphones plus they get to use their Skull Candy headphones!!
If you have a Tocco Lite or just about any other Samsung mobile you can't go wrong @ £[]

Skil 0530 Laser Measurer
Skil 0530 Laser Measurer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 12 Feb 2011
++++++++UPDATE+++++++++
23-07-2012 Ok its been months now since I got this and its still giving excellent service!!! Haven't had to replace the battery yet and I use it at least 3 times a month for surveys. Really can't fault it, if you need a laser measure yo should grab this!!!!
+++++++++UPDATE++++++++++

After breaking (dropped off a roof)my third Disto A2 I decided to try the Skil Laser Measure.....REALLY GLAD I DID!!
It works as well as the Disto and in a similar fashion, you press a button and it gives you the measurement. Nuff said =) I'll agree that I would always prefer the looks of the Disto's and there screen is backlit which is handy, but this does the job it was designed to and at half the price of the Distos.
Already used it to survey a house for a loft conversion this afternoon and it preformed brilliantly.

I'll add to this review in a couple of weeks time, but to be honest so far its been nothing but great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7